Windows 10: "Aerial" view stopped working in Bing/Windows Maps app

Discus and support "Aerial" view stopped working in Bing/Windows Maps app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Maps app that came with Windows 10 no longer works in Aerial view. It's just blackness with my location dot in the middle. The blackness remains,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by av8r915, Dec 21, 2015.

1. av8r915 Win User

"Aerial" view stopped working in Bing/Windows Maps app

My Maps app that came with Windows 10 no longer works in Aerial view. It's just blackness with my location dot in the middle. The blackness remains, even when I pan and zoom, but the road/normal layer works fine. I have the most current & up to date OS, Win 10 Home, 10586.36 & new Dell laptop.

:)

av8r915, Dec 21, 2015
  2. btreece Win User

Road view on Surface Pro 4 doesn't show the roads, just the road names.

Analy,

I have finally found someone who works on these maps!

No issues with location, no issues with downloading maps and updating them, no issues with reporting mapping errors, however...

Windows 10 Maps app using a higher resolution Surface Pro 4 on downloaded offline maps on road view (not aerial view) on fully zoomed in maps
    shows no graphical representation of the roads themselves -- just the road names. I use the Map app on battery (not plugged in) OFFLINE and do not like to use the aerial view due to the increased
    hard drive and graphics usage (meaning power use). Can someone please look into this? Or give some sort of solution?

Note that going into bing maps on the internet shows this view correctly on the Surface Pro 4, but people like to use these maps OFFLINE.

Thanks! (issue posted on surface forums and windows feedback)

Brian

btreece, Dec 21, 2015
  3. Maps

Unfortunately all European users have the same experience. Bing is unusable here.

Apparently BING is only designed for US customers, not for the rest of the World.

We have to wait for an alternative app, such as Google Maps, which covers ALL territories with clear and accurate maps.

Arturo Bandini, Dec 21, 2015
  4. av8r915 Win User

"Aerial" view stopped working in Bing/Windows Maps app [​IMG]

(Screenshot)

av8r915, Dec 21, 2015
Thema:

1. "Aerial" view stopped working in Bing/Windows Maps app - Similar Threads - Aerial view stopped

2. How to update Bing Maps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update Bing Maps: The following text has no offense/rudeness towards Microsoft.I use both Google and Bing Maps for looking for windmills, but Bing Maps satellite view is so blurry/bad. How do I fix this. Again, no offense/rudeness.Example:...
  3. How to update Bing Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to update Bing Maps: The following text has no offense/rudeness towards Microsoft.I use both Google and Bing Maps for looking for windmills, but Bing Maps satellite view is so blurry/bad. How do I fix this. Again, no offense/rudeness.Example:...
  4. Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Maps/Maps app not working properly on Windows 10.: Hello, I am using Windows 10, and recently I downgraded from Windows 11. After that, one major issue I am facing is MAPSGoogle Maps or Maps app both not working properly. Location is fine. It is showing correct location but navigation or other features like zoom out/in or...
  5. Twin view stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Twin view stopped working: Hi. I have an HP laptop running Windows 10 and use a Dell S2409W monitor connected via HDMI cable to use the monitor as well as the laptop screen. On the monitor I am using an Intel UHD Graphics 620 and it says the Drivers are up to date. Approx 1 week ago when I turned the...
  6. map view toolbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    map view toolbar: How do I uninstall get rid of the Edge map view toolbar on the top of my screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-view-toolbar/9c6e8f6e-4ec0-4ca8-a794-934b2ca7f3e8
  7. Bing maps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing maps: How can I get rid of Bing maps on geocaching web? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-maps/5c5d62c1-8503-47bb-862f-4032ce303356
  8. Windows Maps App does not work

Windows Maps App does not work: When I open the Maps app, I get a very plain screen: [img] I'm using 1709 16299.461. If I go to settings, apps, and click on Offline maps, the screen locks up - that is, nothing happens when I click on Offline maps, and nothing else can be clicked on the screen, other that...
  9. Maps app not working...?

Maps app not working...?: Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Whenever I go to load the included Maps app, it tries to load, even showing my local map, before it just shuts down after three seconds. I followed the tutorial to remove apps as show here (I used Powershell - Option #2)...
  10. windows 10 map app not working

windows 10 map app not working: This is on a dell venue pro 11 tablet with windows 10 pro. I downloaded an offline map in settings, then map app would not load. When I click on map, it pop up for 3 seconds then gone. I tried run App troubleshooter. It did not find any problem. how to fix this ? 36950

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aerials not working in bing maps app windows 10