Windows 10: After 1511 Update on Surface, Mouse not working in RDP session

Discus and support After 1511 Update on Surface, Mouse not working in RDP session in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Surface 3 Pro with 2 external monitors hooked up using StarTech USB VGA adapters. Since the update, my mouse does not show up on my remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rfwilkinson, Nov 16, 2015.

1. After 1511 Update on Surface, Mouse not working in RDP session

I have a Surface 3 Pro with 2 external monitors hooked up using StarTech USB VGA adapters. Since the update, my mouse does not show up on my remote Windows Server 2008 R2 VM's when the Remote Desktop window is on one of the external monitors (works on the Surface Screen). The cursor is there, just cannot see it. Any suggestions?

:)

rfwilkinson, Nov 16, 2015
  2. Tim SF Win User

After upgrading to Windows 10 my pointer disappears in my Remote Desktop application

I see this same exact issue after upgrading to Win 10 Fall Update. Mouse pointer disappears when in an RDP session on an extended screen. If I move RDP to the main screen, it works fine.

Checked mouse/pointer drivers on the remote machine and they're up to date.

Tim SF, Nov 16, 2015
  3. JimGing Win User
    Server 2016 Essentials RDP session - no keyboard or mouse

After installing the latest build 14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161014-1755 I'm having this problem.

When reconnecting to a previously disconnected but running desktop session, after authentication I receive a black screen and shortly thereafter the session quits with the following error:

"Failed to reconnect to your remote session.

Please try to connect again."

This behavior is the same with MS RDP client in both Windows 10 and Android MS RDP client version 4.2.

If I connect from Linux the behavior is slightly different. Here I am able to connect to the session and see the desktop but I'm not able to get a response from keyboard or mouse. It's as if the session is not listening for input. The session remains
    alive (animations continue to update e.g. clock) until I disconnect.

So far the only way I'm able to restore normal RDP session behavior is to reboot the server.

JimGing, Nov 16, 2015
  4. After 1511 Update on Surface, Mouse not working in RDP session

I use the Remote Desktop Connection Manager 2.7 and looks like there is some strange things afoot since the Windows 10 1511 update. Everything has worked great till it updated this morning. I just downloaded MultiDesk (another multiple RD connection manager) and it works just fine. I'm hoping that MS will get their side working soon.

rfwilkinson, Nov 16, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    You can also try TeamViewer.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

After 1511 Update on Surface, Mouse not working in RDP session

1. After 1511 Update on Surface, Mouse not working in RDP session - Similar Threads - 1511 Update Surface

2. RDP Session closes immediately after autentification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP Session closes immediately after autentification: Can someone help I have my Desktop 200 miles away and after update I can't connect any moreLast update probably is insider last updateEnter-PSSession connects fine so I can do any kind of servicesbut RDP connects closes itselt immediately after authentificationAny help is...
  3. RDP Session closes immediately after autentification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP Session closes immediately after autentification: Can someone help I have my Desktop 200 miles away and after update I can't connect any moreLast update probably is insider last updateEnter-PSSession connects fine so I can do any kind of servicesbut RDP connects closes itselt immediately after authentificationAny help is...
  4. "System interrupts" at 100% after RDP session

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System interrupts" at 100% after RDP session: I'm running Windows 11 Pro 22H2 on my work PC.After I've used remote desktop from home, the system often hangs with "system interrupts" using 100% CPU.I have to power the system off and on again to get back to a working state.There are other reports of the same here:Remote...
  5. "System interrupts" at 100% after RDP session

"System interrupts" at 100% after RDP session: I'm running Windows 11 Pro 22H2 on my work PC.After I've used remote desktop from home, the system often hangs with "system interrupts" using 100% CPU.I have to power the system off and on again to get back to a working state.There are other reports of the same here:Remote...
  6. RDP session becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP session becomes unresponsive: Hello,In my company we have an HP server with the Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation operating system. We have been using it for four years, mainly through RDP. About a month ago, the sessions to the server from the work terminals began to be interrupted. We read a lot on the...
  7. RDP session becomes unresponsive

RDP session becomes unresponsive: Hello,In my company we have an HP server with the Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation operating system. We have been using it for four years, mainly through RDP. About a month ago, the sessions to the server from the work terminals began to be interrupted. We read a lot on the...
  8. RDP. Prevent user log off after session.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RDP. Prevent user log off after session.: I have nvidia game stream service running on this user for Moonlight to an nvidia shield. Service requires user to be signed in. Using Remmina on Majaro as client. When disconnecting, user is signed out. Nvidia game stream service does not allow simultaneous RDP session. Any...
  9. Some ALT keys not always working in RDP sessions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some ALT keys not always working in RDP sessions: This has haunted me for years... help me :) I always use an English version of Windows, but have Danish keyboard layouts. Currently running workstation with Windows 10 1909 and RDP'ing to Server 2019, but it isn't dependent on versions, has happened at least throught all...
  10. RDP session

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP session: I have a video wall with 10 screens and I am using windows 10 enterprise, I can't span an RDP session to another screen it seems to be locked to the main screen...