Windows 10: after 1703 upgrade, ATI Radeon HD 3450 does not recognise two monitors

Discus and support after 1703 upgrade, ATI Radeon HD 3450 does not recognise two monitors in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I was using two monitors under Windows 10 for more than a year, with ATI Radeon HD 3450 in a Dell Optiplex 580 box. But on 29-Sep-2017, my system got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by andrewsc, Oct 5, 2017.

1. andrewsc Win User

after 1703 upgrade, ATI Radeon HD 3450 does not recognise two monitors

I was using two monitors under Windows 10 for more than a year, with ATI Radeon HD 3450 in a Dell Optiplex 580 box. But on 29-Sep-2017, my system got upgraded to version 1703 of Windows 10. After than time, the system does not automatically recognise two monitors. After every reboot, I need to manually unplug the DVI cable for one monitor or the other, then plug it back again. Once I've gone through this inconvenient exercise, the system works just fine with two monitors. Until the next reboot.

Someone at an AMD forum has a similar problem for HD4350. So an entire family of drivers is affected by the upgrade:
    ATI Radeon HD 4350 stopped detecting 2nd monito... | Community

:)

andrewsc, Oct 5, 2017
  2. jshhndsd Win User

Dual Monitor Setup

Hi Guys,

Just had my PC installed with Windows 10. Everything works fine except that my dual screen monitors are mirroring each other which I don't want. The system also only detects one screen although there are two. The graphics card installed is a ATI Radeon HD 3450.
    Checked the Device Manager and apparently the display adapter registers it as ATI Radeon HD 3450. However the monitors are listed as Generic PnP Monitors. What does this mean? I also checked for updated drivers for the display adapter and it only accommodates
    OS's up till Windows 8 (64 bit.) Could this be the reason for the detection of one monitor instead of two? I would be very grateful for a solution.

Thanks in advance.

jshhndsd, Oct 5, 2017
  3. I have 4 monitors and 2 ATI RADEON drivers, if I unistall the radeon drivers then it works???

I have 4 monitors and 2 ATI RADEON HD 4800 graphics card, Windows 10 does not recognise my four screen and on start up reverts back to two monitors, if I uninstall the radeon drivers and restart the computer a few times it displays all four monitos, but
    each time I shut down it reverts back to just two monitors pls help

ClaudioGaldes, Oct 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 6, 2017
  5. andrewsc Win User
    andrewsc, Oct 7, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Glad to hear it. Fast boot does seem to give rise to some odd quirks and driver problems. Disabling it is quite a common recommendation.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. after 1703 upgrade, ATI Radeon HD 3450 does not recognise two monitors - Similar Threads - 1703 upgrade ATI

2. Graphic Drivers for ATI Radeon HD 3450

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Drivers for ATI Radeon HD 3450: I have been trying to play Minecraft and Overwatch however experience reoccurring issues with my graphics. I tend to get a large red "x" claiming that I have an issue with my graphics card. I went to check if it could be updated, only for it to claim it's already up-to-date....
  3. AMD Radeon HD 3450

AMD Radeon HD 3450: So I recently purchased a refurbished PC, which is: Dell Optiplex 980 x64 based. It has the following basic specs: CPU: i5 650, 3.20GHz (Dual-Core) RAM: 8GB Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 3450 When I tried to run a few games like...
  4. ATI Radeon HD lost driver in update

ATI Radeon HD lost driver in update: ATI Radeon HD lost 1920 screen res on last Win 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ati-radeon-hd-lost-driver-in-update/1efbea73-9119-4e05-b1eb-456df2726dc3
  5. ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver problem

ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver problem: As this Problem was locked, I would like to add a possible solution that worked for me(x64 w10 pro) . I just disabled the signed driver enforcement. IT FIXED MY PROBLEM! Windows 10 enforces driver signatures by default. This can be disabled to install drivers that are not...
  6. Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual monitor problem with ATI Radeon HD 4800 card: Yesterday or the day before I have had difficulties with dual monitor set up. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 card and I cannot seem to get the display to extend to the second Monitor. I tried reinstalling Windows 10 but it just duplicates the screen to the second monitor...
  7. Need to replace an ATI Radeon HD 4600, for use with two DVI monitors

Need to replace an ATI Radeon HD 4600, for use with two DVI monitors: I need to replace my ATI Radeon HD 4600 graphics card. Although Windows 10 worked OK with the card for about a year, the card is apparently no longer compatible. (I attribute the problem to a Windows Update within the past six months, but I can't be sure. The thread "When...
  8. ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Drivers Not Working

ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Drivers Not Working: I Installed Windows 10 the other day and it seems that the ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 graphics card drivers aren't working. If anyone has/had the same porblem, please if you know how to solve it tell me. I will be greatful. By the way when i start the Catalyst Control Center...
  9. ATI Radeon HD 4870 - Will not enter sleep mode

ATI Radeon HD 4870 - Will not enter sleep mode: I upgraded a Dell XPS9000 from Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Professional. The update went smooth the exception of the following: 1. Creative Lab X-FI Sound Board - No Sound -- Creative Labs doe NOT have WIN10 drivers yet. 2. AMD Radeon HD 4870 will not...
  10. ATI Radeon HD 4800: display resolution problem

ATI Radeon HD 4800: display resolution problem: Hello, i recently updated my graphic card driver to the newes version. But now I am not able to select the right display resolution(which is 1920x1200). The max resolution I can select is now only 1600x1200. But this Driver should definitely support this resolution. Even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ati radeon hd 3450 windows 10 only one monitor works

2. does radeon 3450 support multiple monitors

3. ati radeon hd 3450 dual display not working

4. ati radeon hd 3450 graphics card not compatible with windows 10,
  5. does the ati radeon hd 3450 support multiple monitors,
  6. does ati radeon hd 3450 support two displays