Windows 10: After 1803, batch file no longer works

Discus and support After 1803, batch file no longer works in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having with the batch file below on computers that have Windows 10 1803. This script works fine on Windows 10 1709 and earlier as well as Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KaileyTruscott, Jul 20, 2018.

1. After 1803, batch file no longer works

I'm having with the batch file below on computers that have Windows 10 1803. This script works fine on Windows 10 1709 and earlier as well as Windows 7. The only error I get when I run this on 1803 is Error 1603. I've tried the various fixes online with no success (sorry, don't remember the exact links to link to them all). Checking event viewer, I see error 1719 for each application ("The windows installer service could not be accessed"). Services shows the service running. I've restarted the service with same results.

%%a is the target computer and read from a txt file containing a list of computers. The user is also an administrator on both the source and target computers. This portion is not the problem.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what gives? Before anybody says anything, I know I can deploy software through Group Policy, but unfortunately that is not an option at my company (long story).

cd C:\PSTools\
    psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\install_flash_player_30_active_x.msi" /quiet /norestart"
    psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\install_flash_player_30_plugin.msi" /quiet /norestart"
    psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\install_flash_player_30_ppapi.msi" /quiet /norestart"
    psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\jre1.8.0_171.msi" /quiet /norestart"
    psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\jre1.8.0_171_64.msi" /quiet /norestart"
    psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\AcroRdrDC1500720033_en_US.msi" /quiet /norestart"
    psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /p "\\computer\c$\temp\AcroRdrDCUpd1801120055.msp" /quiet /norestart"
    psexec \\%%a -u user -p password cmd /c "msiexec.exe /i "\\computer\c$\temp\googlechromestandaloneenterprise64.msi" /quiet /norestart"

md "\\%%a\c$\temp"
    copy "\\computer\c$\temp\Firefox Setup 61.0.1_64.exe" "\\%%a\c$\temp\Firefox Setup 61.0.1_64.exe"
    psexec \\%%a -u user -p password "\\%%a\c$\temp\Firefox Setup 61.0.1_64.exe" -ms

copy "\\computer\c$\temp\TeamViewer_.exe" "\\%%a\c$\temp\TeamViewer_.exe"
    psexec \\%%a -u user -p password "\\%%a\c$\temp\TeamViewer_.exe" /S

:)

KaileyTruscott, Jul 20, 2018
  2. oily_17 Win User

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Batch Files Knowledge Base

Very nice and usefull thanks for contributing.

AphexDreamer, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Steevo Win User

After 1803, batch file no longer works

Batch file to ping network

No, batch files are extremely easy.

A "If" requires three extra steps.

Code is not how much you can put in, but how lite can you make it and still perform the functions.

So

@ echo off

ping 1.4.1.4 >a.txt

findstr /m "Request timed out" a.txt
    if %errorlevel%%==0 (
    echo Save our nets!!!
    )

pause

Steevo, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

After 1803, batch file no longer works

1. After 1803, batch file no longer works - Similar Threads - 1803 batch file

2. Batch Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  3. Batch Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  4. Allow batch file renamer to work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Allow batch file renamer to work?: I'm trying to use a batch file renamer in order to add terms to the beginning of a file:picture1.jpgpicture2.jpgadd "2022 - " to the beginning to give:2022 - picture1.jpg2022 - picture2.jpgFirst off, I'd like a suggestion as to a safe one to use. Free is obviously preferable,...
  5. Allow batch file renamer to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow batch file renamer to work?: I'm trying to use a batch file renamer in order to add terms to the beginning of a file:picture1.jpgpicture2.jpgadd "2022 - " to the beginning to give:2022 - picture1.jpg2022 - picture2.jpgFirst off, I'd like a suggestion as to a safe one to use. Free is obviously preferable,...
  6. Allow batch file renamer to work?

7. Batch file not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch file not working: Hello, Iam making autorun project that if I plug Flash disc in my pc it autoruns batch file with my "assistant" what says Hi, what do you want? But here are things that just doesn´t work: 1.If I plug in the Flash disc autorun.inf dont do anything. 2.If I manage batch file...
  8. Create batch files with Batch?

Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  9. After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After 1803 to 1809 upgrade, Windows Update no longer works: On Friday, I upgraded a VirtualBox VM 1803 Professional x64 to 1809. When the upgrade was complete, I ran Windows Update, but it errored out after a long delay with ERROR_TIMEOUT (0x800705b4). I have tried a clean boot and resetting the Windows Update components. That did...
  10. More 1803 bugs - video card no longer works after 1709

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    More 1803 bugs - video card no longer works after 1709: Upto 1709 System worked fine with Nvidia hd560ti video card. After 1803 we got page fault blue screens. If we removed the Nvidia driver (in safe mode & using DDU), system was fine with default M$ driver.. We replaced the Nvidia card with a Radeon HD 7950 card, installed the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 nep batch files

2. cmd no longer works

3. if % no longer works in batch file

4. batch file 1809,
  5. 1803 file cmd,
  6. batch file wont work on 1803 but does on 1809,
  7. windows 10 1803 bat files,
  8. windows 10 1803 self-extracting executable from batch file doesnt work,
  9. batchwork.log,
  10. 1803 batch files does not work