Windows 10: After a clean install different windows 10 lock screens

Discus and support After a clean install different windows 10 lock screens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I received a new laptop and do as i usually do and do a clean install of windows 10 pro. Everything is running well but when i attempt to set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheGame, Nov 27, 2016.

1. TheGame Win User

After a clean install different windows 10 lock screens

Hello, I received a new laptop and do as i usually do and do a clean install of windows 10 pro. Everything is running well but when i attempt to set the lock screen background image there seems to be an issue. For example the image i set for my lock screen is applied when i do a WIN-L but on restart the image is completely different.

Here is the strange part so say i select image X the WIN-L lock screen saves it as image X but the boot lockscreen is image Y. If i set an image to image Y for the lock screen the boot lock screen image goes to image Z. I personally think the callback for the selected image is not the one windows is pulling to be used as it is a different boot background every time i change it.

If any more information is needed please let me know and thanks for the help

:)

TheGame, Nov 27, 2016

2. [BUG] Have to press CTL+ALT+DELETE to enter Windows 10

I'm not sure when this started, if right after Anniversary update, or after the latest cumulative update (14393.447), but sometimes after Windows 10 boots, i only see a blue screen or the default lock screen image - only the image, not the lock screen. I
    press any keys on keyboard or mouse, nothing happens. The only way to bypass this is to press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and just like magic the Windows 10 desktop appears!

Very annoying. Tested on several different machines and on clean Windows 10 installs.

Filipe Costa, Nov 27, 2016
  3. Black Screen Isuue in Window 10

I have an issue with my Window 10 lock screen

Today I installed window 10 2 times

1st by upgrading from win 7 to win 10

2nd by clean installation of win 10 due to black screen (without mouse cursor) issue on my lock screen after booting

but even after clean installation the issue still persists

Now the interesting part is I get a temporary workaround for this :

as I make the pc sleep mode through my keyboard sleep button and when I wakes it up ,

then I can see the lock screen and my pc starts working normally without any issues

But I need a permanent solution for this problem

please help me out

I'm currently running the latest build of window 10 ( i.e. 14393.10)

My PC is - Lenovo C200

KashishGarg, Nov 27, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Nov 27, 2016
  5. TheGame Win User
    Hello, Thanks for your reply i have completed the steps above but my issue still persists. On all other windows 10 machines all i needed to do to change the sign-in background was to select the setting "Show windows background picture on sign-in screen" and the picture i select persists though a reboot. On my laptop i select a picture to be used, i reboot and the picture changes *to a different one* but not the one i selected. I hope everything is making since.

TheGame, Nov 27, 2016
  6. TheGame Win User
    Issue resolved. Following the instructions from a old post Windows Spotlight won't stop - Windows 10 Forums

The fix is as followed.
    "I don't know if any of you fixed this but I have a solution to the Slideshow showing the beach image from Windows Spotlight. What you do is choose "Picture" as your lock screen background image and choose any image from your slideshow. Then you choose slideshow after you do that and choose the folder that has all your slideshow images in it and say goodbye to that Windows Spotlight image."

TheGame, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After a clean install different windows 10 lock screens - Similar Threads - clean install different

2. Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10: Hello, my name is Guilherme and I really need help. I Have tried everything for 10+ hours and still can't make ir work. This is my final solution before going to a technician.The computer in question is a thomson notebook-tablet hybrid the ones that turn 360.Thomson...
  3. Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10: Hello, my name is Guilherme and I really need help. I Have tried everything for 10+ hours and still can't make ir work. This is my final solution before going to a technician.The computer in question is a thomson notebook-tablet hybrid the ones that turn 360.Thomson...
  4. Sign-in in Lock Screen Instead of Password Box After Clean Install

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign-in in Lock Screen Instead of Password Box After Clean Install: I need Help with my lock screen. after doing a clean install of windows then logging in with my email. I got a lock screen like this. Instead of how it was before. This is an image I found in google but it show how was my lock screen before I did the clean install....
  5. A lot of different BSODs after clean install windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A lot of different BSODs after clean install windows 10: Hi everyone!I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Home to Pro by doing a clean installation of Windows 10 and using a USB ISO file boot created by Media Creation Tool. Just after finishing the entire setup and starting to update to the latest version of Windows 10 version 21H1 ,...
  6. Black screen after clean windows 10 installation

Black screen after clean windows 10 installation: Im installing an SSD on my dads old dell pc. But Im getting a black screen after install and restart. What should I do? Steps taken: 1.Boot to bios and change 1st boot order to usb thumb drive 2.boot from thumb drive and install windows 10 pro 3.after installation...
  7. Black screen on startup after clean install windows 10

Black screen on startup after clean install windows 10: need a little help here please. Im trying to re install windows 10 on a different hard drive I have. I downloaded the media tools, and created a USB boot drive. windows went through the install and restarted. but the drive keeps looping back to the install. when I shut the...
  8. Blue Screen After Clean install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen After Clean install of Windows 10: Hello, I recently attempted to update my motherboard driver from manufacturer's website. I managed to also download the newest Nvidia Driver for my system on their website before the pc started to act up. The system began experiencing stability issues giving the following...
  9. Clean install with different language

Clean install with different language: Hello Can I do a clean install of Windows 10 Home Single language but in a different language? I have a laptop in Spanish and it is Single language but I want to do a clean install in English. Will I loose my digital licence? Thank you....
  10. Windows 10 - clean install different language

Windows 10 - clean install different language: Say my version of Windows 10 pro is German x64 Say I create a DVD (via media creation tool) and before creating the media I select English x64 Then do a clean install from that media. Q: Will then the English version be installed and activated? = 14174