Windows 10: After AM restart Edge will not open...

Discus and support After AM restart Edge will not open... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Folks, I restarted my laptop this AM and now EDGE will not open fully I get the search bar but no news articles. The favorites are available and I can... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rogpill, Nov 10, 2016.

1. rogpill Win User

After AM restart Edge will not open...

Folks,
    I restarted my laptop this AM and now EDGE will not open fully I get the search bar but no news articles. The favorites are available and I can open other websites and e-mail. All worked well last night. No error messages yet.
    Please advise,
    Roger Pillow
    *Sad

:)

rogpill, Nov 10, 2016

2. Mouse properties reset with every restart on Windows 10 laptop

I am having the same issue since I upgraded to Windows 10. The settings reset to the default apps after every restarts. For example, the .pdf files open with Microsoft Edge instead of Adobe Acrobat. This is ridiculous.

FatinaMalik, Nov 10, 2016
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Neither Chrome or Edge will open. I am connected and I have rebooted (I've lost count).

In that case, let's try to run System File Checker and see if it helps. This issue may occur due to corrupt or missing Windows files and the System File Checker allows users to restore corrupted files. The steps are found on this

link

Keep us posted with the result.

Ar Rom, Nov 10, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

You need to select Open Microsoft Edge with Start page in Settings to open Edge with MSN news.

Step 1:

After AM restart Edge will not open... [​IMG]

Step 2:

Step 3:

Thema:

1. After AM restart Edge will not open... - Similar Threads - restart Edge open

2. edge issue To open this page in IE mode, try restarting Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge issue To open this page in IE mode, try restarting Microsoft Edge.: Dears,We have issue which this issue keep appearing in multiple PC which prevent us form opening website that required IE mode.First we remove the IE feature then install it agin it resolve but the issue is back again after some time.Is there any permanent solution for this...
  3. edge issue To open this page in IE mode, try restarting Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge issue To open this page in IE mode, try restarting Microsoft Edge.: Dears,We have issue which this issue keep appearing in multiple PC which prevent us form opening website that required IE mode.First we remove the IE feature then install it agin it resolve but the issue is back again after some time.Is there any permanent solution for this...
  4. Edge doesn't work after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge doesn't work after opening: Hi,When I open Edge, I am met with ..This page is having problem.Try coming back later.You could also:Open a new tabRefresh this pageError code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIONI can't even open settings. That's just a blank page.I have tried renaming the msedge.exe and gone to...
  5. Edge doesn't work after opening

Edge doesn't work after opening: Hi,When I open Edge, I am met with ..This page is having problem.Try coming back later.You could also:Open a new tabRefresh this pageError code: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIONI can't even open settings. That's just a blank page.I have tried renaming the msedge.exe and gone to...
  6. Settings not opening after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings not opening after restart: I made some configuration and upon restart and look for the changes settings wont open at all.I tried to use short cut but nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-not-opening-after-restart/bb7c52e8-9900-4003-a891-0f85dde59164
  7. Settings not opening after restart

Settings not opening after restart: I made some configuration and upon restart and look for the changes settings wont open at all.I tried to use short cut but nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-not-opening-after-restart/bb7c52e8-9900-4003-a891-0f85dde59164
  8. Settings not opening after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Edge Closes after opening

Edge Closes after opening: I've followed many suggestions to get this resolved,including: Cleaned the Apps cache etc using CCleaner Reset the App Repaired the App Removed all Extensions Reinstalled Edge using Powershell Manually removed %APPDATA%...... folders for the Edge app to reset the app...
  10. Re-open Programs After Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-open Programs After Restart: Example: I want this currently opened Notepad file, that I'm using right now, to re-open once I restart the computer. I'm aware of the option that you can select to re-open Windows Explorer windows, and I like that option. Yet I want another option to re-open everything else...