Windows 10: After AM restart Edge will not open...

Discus and support After AM restart Edge will not open... in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Folks, I restarted my laptop this AM and now EDGE will not open fully I get the search bar but no news articles. The favorites are available and I can... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rogpill, Nov 10, 2016.

1. rogpill Win User

After AM restart Edge will not open...

Folks,
    I restarted my laptop this AM and now EDGE will not open fully I get the search bar but no news articles. The favorites are available and I can open other websites and e-mail. All worked well last night. No error messages yet.
    Please advise,
    Roger Pillow
    *Sad

:)

rogpill, Nov 10, 2016

2. Mouse properties reset with every restart on Windows 10 laptop

I am having the same issue since I upgraded to Windows 10. The settings reset to the default apps after every restarts. For example, the .pdf files open with Microsoft Edge instead of Adobe Acrobat. This is ridiculous.

FatinaMalik, Nov 10, 2016
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Neither Chrome or Edge will open. I am connected and I have rebooted (I've lost count).

In that case, let's try to run System File Checker and see if it helps. This issue may occur due to corrupt or missing Windows files and the System File Checker allows users to restore corrupted files. The steps are found on this

link

Keep us posted with the result.

Ar Rom, Nov 10, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

You need to select Open Microsoft Edge with Start page in Settings to open Edge with MSN news.

Step 1:

After AM restart Edge will not open... [​IMG]

Step 2:

Step 3:

Thema:

1. After AM restart Edge will not open... - Similar Threads - restart Edge open

2. Start apps there were open after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start apps there were open after restart: Hello Anyone know how to disable this behavior? Thanks 138837
  3. Start apps there were open after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Start apps there were open after restart: Hello Anyone know how to disable this behavior? Thanks 138837
  4. Edge won't open after 1809 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge won't open after 1809 update: I installed the 1809 update last night and now Edge won't load. Get the "oops something must have happened" message. Bing and FireFox work fine. IVP6 is enabled....
  5. Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge not opening webpages after upgrade to 1809: Hi guys there definitely seems to be a bug with 1809 affecting certain Realtek network cards and Edge. Realtek RTL8102E/RTL8103E Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.2) I have three computers. Two laptops & a desktop. DT & one laptop had no problems but the laptop with...
  6. MS Edge shuts down immediately after opening

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge shuts down immediately after opening: Hi, Upgraded from 8.1 to Win 10 ok and all worked ok for a few days. Tried Edge and was quite impressed with speed and performance until a few days later it stopped working. When you open Edge the program starts but then immediately shuts down. Chrome and IE are both ok....
  7. Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge closes immediately after i open it: For some reason Microsoft Edge immediately closes down every time i open it. I've tried sfc /scannow and I've deleted the Microsoft Edge folder in C:/Users/"username"/AppData/Local/Packages and then entering the command in PowerShell to reset but neither worked. Does anyone...
  8. Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening

in Browsers and Email
    Win-10 Edge closes immediately after opening: My upgrade from Win-7 to Win-10 seemed to go faultlessly, everything including Edge worked correctly. After a couple of hours though, Edge no longer will open properly, The basic blue screen w/logo comes up for 5 seconds or so and immediately closes. Shortly thereafter the...
  9. Edge not opening

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not opening: Upgraded from 8.1 yesterday and start menu and would not open. I then upgraded again but this time from a USB and it started working, but edge now does not open and Cortana has no internet connection although firefox works. Have upgraded yet again from USB and still no Edge ,...
  10. Unable to open Edge after profile migration

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to open Edge after profile migration: Hi All, Looking for a little help with the MS Edge following a profile migration... The browser flashes the blue screen with the Egde logo and the terminates (no processes for Edge in task manager). I obviously installed Windows 10 and then I migrated the profile by...