Windows 10: After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

Discus and support After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kathryn Armstrong, Mar 2, 2024.

1. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it directs me to the online account support page, but Microsoft only has my old phone number and doesn't even let me use the option of Microsoft Authenticator which I have on my cell phone?? I added my new number and now I'm locked out of my laptop for the next 30 days. I use this laptop for personal use and for work and I reall

:)

Kathryn Armstrong, Mar 2, 2024
  2. #seahawk# Win User

can,t sign in with password on my laptop

i checked for updates this morning and all their was was a security update,after it updated successfully i did a restart , now when my login screen comes up i don,t have the option to put in my password, it just ask for a pin number which i have but when i try to use the shift key to start to put in my pin it won,t put in the # sign. when i get on the internet by going through reset pin which i cancel, i can use the shift key then to put the # sign in.

Help Please

#seahawk#, Mar 2, 2024
  3. Windows 10 asking for login password even after upgrading the virus protection on the PC instead of PIN password. How to switch back to PIN password?

Hello Billy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you see Sign-in options option on the lock screen?
    • Are you using Microsoft account to login into the user profile?

If you have set an alpha-numeric password at the installation stage of Windows 10 OS and then changed the sign-in option to PIN password, you will be able to choose between the passwords entries at the login screen of the Windows.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if you see the
    Sign-in options option on the lock screen. If you do, click on the option and check if you can choose and enter PIN password to access your user profile.

Method 2: If the option is not presented on the lock screen and you are using Microsoft account to login into the user profile,
    I suggest you to change the login password from the link below and set PIN password to your user account by following the steps below.

https://account.live.com/password/reset

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts from the options and click on
      Sign-in options
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add under PIN settings, verify your account and setup a new PIN password for your user account.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 2, 2024
  4. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

1. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked... - Similar Threads - update sign asks

2. After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After an update, sign-in asks for a PIN - I don't have one I use a password. Now I'm locked...: After an update, my computer is asking for a PIN instead of the password - I don't have a PIN. I did try to input my usual 4 number options and none of those worked. It did not give me the option to insert my password which is ridiculous. After selection "Forgot PIN" it...
  3. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: I changed some settings in my BIOS, namely fast boot and NVMe Raid Mode and disable block sid, and everything would be fine if not for the fact, that the gmail which is assigned to my account has a typo so that won't help and when I tried the option contact Microsoft they...
  4. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: I changed some settings in my BIOS, namely fast boot and NVMe Raid Mode and disable block sid, and everything would be fine if not for the fact, that the gmail which is assigned to my account has a typo so that won't help and when I tried the option contact Microsoft they...
  5. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: When I try sign to sign into Microsoft store, I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before.When I googled it, I found this "How do I find my Windows pin?To change your PIN in Windows 10, you may follow the steps...
  6. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one: When I try sign to sign into Microsoft store, I login, put in my password, it then asks me to put in a PIN, although I have never set one up before.When I googled it, I found this "How do I find my Windows pin?To change your PIN in Windows 10, you may follow the steps...
  7. Sign in asking for a PIN when I don't have one

8. laptop asking for PIN but don't have one

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    laptop asking for PIN but don't have one: My son's new laptop is asking for his PIN but we never set one up and we can't access his laptop now. I've tried going into my Microsoft account to change his PIN and using the Microsoft support site and info but nothing seems to work....
  9. I was asked for a PIN but I don't have one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I was asked for a PIN but I don't have one: So I recently Pre-Ordered Minecraft: Dungeons, but the when I tried to sign into the Microsoft store I was asked to setup Windows hello but then was asked for a PIN even though I never set one. And now I can't log in to the store for something that I've paid for. Help???...
  10. Xbox app asks for a pin but i don't have one

Xbox app asks for a pin but i don't have one: i have seen other people with this problem and they say go to settings - accounts - sign in options yet there is no sign in options there is sign in and passkey but in there there is no pin delete or create a pin, you can create a passkey but that is 6 numbers when the app...