Windows 10: After an update videos don't play properly

Discus and support After an update videos don't play properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a windows 10. After the most recent AMD update (I now have the AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics card) videos look really magnified and washed out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlecBlumberg, Jul 16, 2018.

1. After an update videos don't play properly

I have a windows 10. After the most recent AMD update (I now have the AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics card) videos look really magnified and washed out. I've seen this happen before and I was able to solve it by rolling back the driver to an older version. However, it seems that after the most recent update (which happened automatically) I can no longer select the roll back option. So I'm not sure how to fix/resolve this video display issue.

Help!

:)

AlecBlumberg, Jul 16, 2018

2. Audio and video not playing properly online

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you.

• Is the issue specific to any video/website?

I suggest you to check the same issue on Internet Explorer. If the issue still persists then follow the link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/internet-explorer/videos-dont-work#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Flash Player may not be enabled on your computer. This might be a reason of the audio and video not playing properly. Adobe flash player comes embedded in Microsoft Edge. You don’t need to install it separately. You can try enabling
    and Testing it again following the steps provided in the below link.

Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

The player gets updated with Windows Updates. I suggest you to login to a Microsoft user account, and try installing all pending updates on the system and restart to check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jul 16, 2018
  4. After an update videos don't play properly

Videos are not Syncing properly to my Lumia

Hi Microsoft Support Team,

I have followed your basci trouble shooting steps, but it didn't give any improvement.

Following are the details which you requested.

• OS version of my phone is 7.10.8862.144
    • I have downloaded this videos from internet. (Say, Torrentz)
    • Whenever I play, i can hear only sound and the video strucks in the beginning itself with some coloured strip at the bottom.
    • Yes. Videos have worked properly earlier.
    • All the videos which i synced through Zune.
    Please provide the rectification steps at the earliest.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Naveen

Naveen Kumar Meda, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

After an update videos don't play properly

1. After an update videos don't play properly - Similar Threads - update videos don't

2. Videos don't play on first startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos don't play on first startup: Hello! A problem has recently surfaced on my computer. When i start it up for the first time of the day, i can't play videos/movies. I've tried most of the big video sites, ie. Youtube, netflix, twitch etc. Thing is though, when i restart the computer it works out just fine....
  3. Videos don't play on first startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos don't play on first startup: Hello! A problem has recently surfaced on my computer. When i start it up for the first time of the day, i can't play videos/movies. I've tried most of the big video sites, ie. Youtube, netflix, twitch etc. Thing is though, when i restart the computer it works out just fine....
  4. Ads in front of videos play sound, videos don't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ads in front of videos play sound, videos don't: Ads in front of videos have sound , videos don't. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-front-of-videos-play-sound-videos-dont/c5571ba3-ab54-4559-aa85-25256c78a99e
  5. Ads in front of videos play sound, videos don't

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ads in front of videos play sound, videos don't: Ads in front of videos have sound , videos don't. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ads-in-front-of-videos-play-sound-videos-dont/c5571ba3-ab54-4559-aa85-25256c78a99e
  6. Videos not playing properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Videos not playing properly: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 310. Whenever I play a video on an installed application, like VLC Media Player, or even Windows Movies & TV, the video either stops playing, or restarts, or jumps forward automatically this in case of Movies & TV app.Whenever I stream anything on Edge...
  7. Twitter Videos don't play

in Windows 10 Customization
    Twitter Videos don't play: Hi, Since updating to windows 10, I cant watch any video on Twitter. The sound plays fine but the video is showed as a black screen. Advice please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/twitter-videos-dont-play/89aed408-0ba0-4222-aa28-c1fbcc4b5798
  8. my computer don't plays videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    my computer don't plays videos: My computer ( Windows 10 ) won't play any video that I transfer from my cell. Help, Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-dont-plays-videos/a9b9057a-2d18-4d74-aadf-782a6cd68193
  9. Video’s not playing properly

Video’s not playing properly: Hello the video’s on my hard drive only play super zoomed in and without colour but the sound is fine. I can get you tube to work on Chrome but again in Microsoft edge they still play super zoomed in and with no colour. This Happened awhile ago but now I need to use some of...
  10. Synaptics 'Show Video' doesn't play video properly

Synaptics 'Show Video' doesn't play video properly: Hi, I was just looking at the Synaptics features in looking at a poster's issue, when I found that 'Show Video' opens a window as if to play it but only blinks 'Opening media'. Now the videos are wmv's and mpg's and play correctly in my default player if I open them from...