Windows 10: After Anniversary update...where are my hard drive boot files???

Discus and support After Anniversary update...where are my hard drive boot files??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please help! After yesterdays update (I used the media creation tool), I now have 3 partitions on my C drive. The top drive, before the update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cornishman, Aug 2, 2016.

1. After Anniversary update...where are my hard drive boot files???

Please help!
    After yesterdays update (I used the media creation tool), I now have 3 partitions on my C drive.
    The top drive, before the update, didn't have the partition on the right (NTFS 450MB used).
    My boot file were in my "E" drive, but now where are they?
    Can I get rid of that 450MB???

After Anniversary update...where are my hard drive boot files??? [​IMG]

Here's a different view of the partition:

If I open the 450MB partition and here's what is in it:

Here's what's in the "E" patition:

:)

Cornishman, Aug 2, 2016

2. All hard drives except for the boot drive disapear after Aniversary update....???

All hard drives disappear in windows 10 after update to anniversary edition. I have 3 raid arrays the boot drive C: is 2 partitions C: & D: and are visible My 2 other arrays disappeared after update. They show in the BIOS but are not in Windows device manager.
    Why are they not showing in Windows anymore ? Also the Update removed My Custom theme Desktop Icons.

Joe American, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Crashed Computer

Hi,

After installing the Windows 10 anniversary update, my computer crashed. Specifically, after looking on with what is going on in the boot page, part of my hard drive is now bad. The hard drive was fine prior to the download.

I can't get beyond a black screen with an Acer logo flashing at me.

I took it to a basic local repair shop and looked on message boards, and they both said the same thing- a certain group of users (those who upgraded from Windows 8.1 and have an SSD) have their computers crash.

How is Microsoft going to rectify the hard drives it damaged with this update?

Erin

Un-amused Erin, Aug 2, 2016
  4. After Anniversary update...where are my hard drive boot files???

I just deleted it 450mb partition. It seems to be OK now.

I have a Macrium boot up drive and a couple of image files if I need to go back.

Cornishman, Aug 2, 2016
  5. Saltgrass Win User
    Your boot files are still in the only Active Partition, e:.

The 450 MB partition was your Recovery Tools partition so if your system has a problem and tries to repair itself it cannot. You will need external media. But you probably won't be able to make a Recovery Drive.

Saltgrass, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

After Anniversary update...where are my hard drive boot files???

1. After Anniversary update...where are my hard drive boot files??? - Similar Threads - Anniversary update where

2. Where are my hard drive files????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are my hard drive files????: My one drive kept getting full so i kept deleting things thinking i was deleting one drive cloud files and i just noticed my harddrive folders missing. I did not spprove that why would you do that???? I want my files back microsoft!!!! They ste on my hard drive because i want...
  3. Where are my hard drive files????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my hard drive files????: My one drive kept getting full so i kept deleting things thinking i was deleting one drive cloud files and i just noticed my harddrive folders missing. I did not spprove that why would you do that???? I want my files back microsoft!!!! They ste on my hard drive because i want...
  4. Where are my hard drive files????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidentally unset the partition of my hard drive where my files are

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally unset the partition of my hard drive where my files are: I was trying to create a Windows 10 installation boot drive but couldn't find a flash disk. All I had was a 1TB external hard drive. Soo I stupidly thought that if I shrink the volume and partitioned 8GB on the drive for the installer, it wouldn't affect the original...
  6. Where is the Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is the Anniversary Edition: My desktop PC just updated but it shows Version 1511, OS Build 10586.545 – Where is the Anniversary update (I believe it's Version: 1607)? 59567
  7. How do i change where the Anniversary Update files go?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do i change where the Anniversary Update files go?: Hello, TenForums, I'm new here, I'm pretty sure you guys are tired of posts like there but I'm having some trouble updating to build 1607. I'm on Threshold 1511 (November 2015 Update) on my Laptop and I was getting really impatient about the Anniversary Update so I downloaded...
  8. Anniversary Update Drive Problems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anniversary Update Drive Problems?: Some people on this forum have reported problems with drives not being detected by Windows or appearing in RAW format - see https://www.tenforums.com/gtsearch.ph...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0 It seems the problem still remains - see http://www.infoworld.com/article/311...ry-update.html...
  9. Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade: I have a situation which I am totally unable to explain. I have a Dell 1750 notebook and a Dell 660s. Both run the 32-bit Windows 10 on a 64-bit hardware architecture. The only significant difference in installed software is that the Dell-660s has Microsoft Flight...
  10. Very slow boot after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow boot after Anniversary update: I had no problems with Windows 10 start times but since the Anniversary update, boot time is just under 3 minutes. Any ideas to what to look into for the cause? 59112