Windows 10: After Blue Screen, unable to load web pages, can't perform reset or system restore,...

Discus and support After Blue Screen, unable to load web pages, can't perform reset or system restore,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I closed out of a game today and got a blue screen error. When my computer restarted, it was at a 1024x768 resolution. Moreover, I could not get google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JMarto2, Aug 3, 2018.

1. JMarto2 Win User

After Blue Screen, unable to load web pages, can't perform reset or system restore,...

I closed out of a game today and got a blue screen error. When my computer restarted, it was at a 1024x768 resolution. Moreover, I could not get google chrome to load a web page, even though I am connected to the internet and other programs like steam connect online and operate just fine. When I try using Microsoft edge, it opens briefly but doesn't load anything and closes almost immediately. I also no longer have the search bar start menu. I have attempted to perform a system restore, however an error message tells me the following:

"System restore failed while scanning the file system on the drive C:

The drive might be corrupt. You might want to retry System Restore after running chkdsk /R on this disk.

An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x81000204)"

I also attempted to do a total system reset, however that also failed and it simply said "There was a problem resetting your pc." I attempted to solve the problem using the ren software software.001 solution, however I received the error message "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" while attempting to do so.

I am at a complete and utter loss. If anyone has any ideas on what I can do, any assistance would be appreciated. I'm happy to provide any other information.

:)

JMarto2, Aug 3, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

Failed to perform System Restore and Reset.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the mouse only during reset/recovery process of the system. Let me assist you.

To assist you better, write back to us with the following information.

• Why exactly you are trying to perform system reset? Are you getting any error code, when trying to perform system reset?

• What is the make and model of your system?

I suggest you to try creating system restore point manually and check if the restore point is visible or not.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17127/windows-back-up-restore

Refer to the section: Create Restore Point.

As you are also unable to perform system reset, I suggest you to try resetting system using windows 10 installation media and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Refer: Reset your PC and Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Unable to perform a system reset

Hi,

A factory reset is a way to restore a device to its original system state. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried backing up your important files and check if you can perform factory reset?
    • Why do you want to perform a factory reset in your laptop?

Meanwhile, you can also follow the steps provided in this article:
    Recovery options in Windows 10.
    It will let you restore from a system restore point or go back to the previous version of Windows.

Keeps us posted if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 3, 2018
  4. JamesJoey Win User

After Blue Screen, unable to load web pages, can't perform reset or system restore,...

Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

For the past few days I've been unable to load Microsoft Safety Scanner web page.
    At first it was only Internet Explorer and edge with the issue.
    Now Chrome and Firefox are unable to load the page.

Anyone else having this issue??
    James

JamesJoey, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

1. After Blue Screen, unable to load web pages, can't perform reset or system restore,... - Similar Threads - Blue Screen unable

2. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web pages not loading: My web pages are not loading. I tried on Chrome and then Edge.It was working this morning.I have cleared browser, cookies. etc. It made no difference.Any other suggestion? Thank you...
  3. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web pages not loading: My web pages are not loading. I tried on Chrome and then Edge.It was working this morning.I have cleared browser, cookies. etc. It made no difference.Any other suggestion? Thank you...
  4. web pages not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue screen error after system restore

Blue screen error after system restore: Okay so I did system restore on my pc because I was having some freezing problems and before it wasn’t freezing so I thought it would be a good idea to do that and now my pc is doing the blue error screen loop and I can’t use system restore again because it’s asking for a...
  6. web page loading

web page loading: All of a sudden my web pages are loading very slow or not at all. Not that computer savy to figure it out myself. Any help will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-loading/6d8bfdef-3f29-471e-9247-86e399dd1595
  7. Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen, Can't restore, can't reset: I opened my laptop today and it booted normally, but as I was logging in using the fingerprint sensor the computer suddenly shut down and power seemed to have went out. I plugged in the laptop and tried booting again, but I kept getting blue screen no matter what I do. I...
  8. Web pages not loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages not loading: Hi Some websites will not load on either Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Vivaldi. I have cleared the history and cache Tried both OpenDNS & Google DNS Full scan with Bitdefender AV, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware & Spybot Search & Destroy: nothing found Turned firewall off...
  9. Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Load Microsoft Safety Scanner Web Page: For the past few days I've been unable to load Microsoft Safety Scanner web page. At first it was only Internet Explorer and edge with the issue. Now Chrome and Firefox are unable to load the page. Anyone else having this issue?? James 35008
  10. Blue screen crash after loading web browser

Blue screen crash after loading web browser: so here is my issue. my computer for the last few days has been crashing after opening a web browser. I just loaded it into safe mode and didnt have that issue. before all these crashes i was using a USB wireless device to connect to the internet. and i noticed if i didnt...