Windows 10: after building pc connecting a usb stick that has windows shows exF Remove disks or other...

Discus and support after building pc connecting a usb stick that has windows shows exF Remove disks or other... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; so my friend had just finished building his pc, he downloaded windows from a laptop from the microsoft website onto the usb stick and plugged it in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xavierk, Dec 3, 2023.

1. xavierk Win User

after building pc connecting a usb stick that has windows shows exF Remove disks or other...

so my friend had just finished building his pc, he downloaded windows from a laptop from the microsoft website onto the usb stick and plugged it in the pc, and it shows this exF Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart. how to fix this?

:)

xavierk, Dec 3, 2023
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Dec 3, 2023
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

after building pc connecting a usb stick that has windows shows exF Remove disks or other... 1554167845t-usb-stick-previously-used-boot-stick-killdisk-not-recognized-diskpart-clear-readonly.png

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, Dec 3, 2023
  4. after building pc connecting a usb stick that has windows shows exF Remove disks or other...

USB Connection showing "Fixed Disk" rather than "Removable Disk"

I re-installed Win10, and connected my GPS via USB, and the Win10 OS still categorizes the device as a "Local Fixed Disk". When connected to my Surface Pro3 running Win10, the GPS is categorized as a "Removable Device".

I then used the suggestions in Method 1 and Method 2, and the device drivers were installed in compatibility mode (Win7). Again, the Win10 environment sees the USB GPS device as a "Local Fixed Disc" rather than a "Removable Disk".

Why is it that my Win10 Surface Pro3 coming from Win8 sees the USB device as a removable disk and my Win10 desktop PC coming from Win7 defines it as a local fixed disk? I don't believe this is a Garmin problem.

artlindeman, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

after building pc connecting a usb stick that has windows shows exF Remove disks or other...

1. after building pc connecting a usb stick that has windows shows exF Remove disks or other... - Similar Threads - building connecting usb

2. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?: My latest windows update got corrupted, leaving me unable to get past the login screen without bluescreening. At first I thought it was RAM Failure but my technician diagnosed it as an OS issue. Last time this happened on Windows 11, prompting me to reinstall on Windows...
  3. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?: My latest windows update got corrupted, leaving me unable to get past the login screen without bluescreening. At first I thought it was RAM Failure but my technician diagnosed it as an OS issue. Last time this happened on Windows 11, prompting me to reinstall on Windows...
  4. Does reinstalling windows from a USB Stick affect other connected drives?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. after building pc connecting a usb stick that has windows shows exF Remove disks or other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after building pc connecting a usb stick that has windows shows exF Remove disks or other...: so my friend had just finished building his pc, he downloaded windows from a laptop from the microsoft website onto the usb stick and plugged it in the pc, and it shows this exF Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart. how to fix this?...
  6. exF \n Remove disks or other media. \n Press any key to restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    exF \n Remove disks or other media. \n Press any key to restart: Hello When I booted Windows, I had problem with srttrail.txt So I surfed the Internet, and tried all the processes that I could do cmd ... etc But I thought I cannot solve this problem. I trapped in an infinite loop. After a lot of consideration, I decided to format...
  7. USB Not Detected In Disk Manager, Shows As Other Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Not Detected In Disk Manager, Shows As Other Device: Hi, Recently my pc has stopped detecting USB drives from the USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports. I have tried multiple troubleshooting methods to try and get the USBs detected.Have tried updating drivers, uninstalling and then scanning for hardware changes. Restating pc after...
  8. usb external hard disk not showing connected in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb external hard disk not showing connected in windows 10: usb external hard disk not showing connected in windows 10. After attaching USB external harddisk to windows 10 laptop, i dont see any drive content....
  9. USB stick not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stick not showing: I unplugged my USB as normal and it now doesnt show on the documents. It shows in disk management but not anywhere else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stick-not-showing/f9e68365-a15d-4fe7-b5e8-9aebfdf3941b
  10. Build USB Stick with Custom Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build USB Stick with Custom Windows 10: Hey, can anybody help me? I would create a USB Stick (bootable) with a Customized Windows 10 Image. The customized windows 10 image is running in Virtual Box and i search a solution to capture this windows 10 image. I have tried the solution from kari (Windows 10...