Windows 10: After clean install, windows update slow to download install updates

Discus and support After clean install, windows update slow to download install updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I did a clean install and on first use of Windows update the updates for some reason we're downloading and installing at a slow pace... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mrje1, Mar 6, 2017.

1. mrje1 Win User

After clean install, windows update slow to download install updates

Hello Everyone,

I did a clean install and on first use of Windows update the updates for some reason we're downloading and installing at a slow pace which I didn't recall in the past. Not sure if I'm having an issue on my end or not if it is on the side of Microsoft. Any fixes or solutions you might recommend I would appreciate it. Here is some nfo below.

After clean install, windows update slow to download install updates [​IMG]

After clean install, windows update slow to download install updates [​IMG]

:)

mrje1, Mar 6, 2017

2. Problem during the latest upgrade (update to Windows 10, version 1607).

Sorry again, But I got an update for Windows defender: Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.229.252.0)

But the download takes long and after the download, I cannot install the updates even through the Defender updates. And I have noticed that the notification does not work and the system is now too slow to lunch any application even MS-Edge.

Do I need a clean install?

Yoboua, Aman, Mar 6, 2017
  3. Irrespons Win User
    Install new windows 10 whit updates implemented or pre-downloaded

Hey.

I am that guy who like a clean install of windows from time to time, and I find it annoying that I need to download the updates after I installed windows 10 whit my slow speed internett.

I wonder if there is somewhere to download these updates too keep, or get them implemented in the installation.

I have diffucult to find these answeres online, hope somone here can help me.

Irrespons, Mar 6, 2017
  4. Porthos Win User

I always keep the current cumulative update off line installer on hand and install it before going online. Also remember it is not just Windows updates you are also getting STORE updates in the background.

Porthos, Mar 6, 2017
  5. I use those commands (among other things) to keep WU running smooth:

chkdsk /scan
    winmgmt /salvagerepository
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase
    cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After clean install, windows update slow to download install updates - Similar Threads - clean install update

2. Explorer.exe crashing after clean Windows install and updates ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe crashing after clean Windows install and updates ?: Hello everyone, after installing Windows 11 Home edition with a clean install from scratch, I did Windows Update updates and then got this happening:Faulty application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, timestamp: 0xfbda1990Faulty module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll,...
  3. Explorer.exe crashing after clean Windows install and updates ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe crashing after clean Windows install and updates ?: Hello everyone, after installing Windows 11 Home edition with a clean install from scratch, I did Windows Update updates and then got this happening:Faulty application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, timestamp: 0xfbda1990Faulty module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll,...
  4. Drivers, Updates, and Clean-ups won't Install or Download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers, Updates, and Clean-ups won't Install or Download: So I've been at this all day. To summarize the problems my computer has been facing today:1. Anything that is a Driver that I wish to update will refuse to install or download. This namely includes my graphics card driver but I also need to install some VR drivers that will...
  5. Windows Updates Consistently Failing after Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Consistently Failing after Clean Install: Windows Update is consistently failing on my machine, and it's been doing this since December when I wiped the entire system and did a fresh, factory install. I've tried a number of options to troubleshoot but nothing seems to work - the system tries to install updates,...
  6. Windows can't update even after clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can't update even after clean install: This problem has plagued my pc for about a year, I encountered the infamous “We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes” error about a year ago. It was only solved by a complete format and reinstall of the latest version of windows. About a month later the error...
  7. Clean install or update?

Clean install or update?: Getting everything ready to update from Windows 7 Ultimate to 10. Question is, which method to follow? Clean installation as per this guide. Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First Or just follow this guide: Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7...
  8. Very Slow Windows 10 Updates After Clean Install

Very Slow Windows 10 Updates After Clean Install: I have been upgrading my four computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 doing clean installs on each computer. The upgrades go smoothly until I start downloading all of the updates needed. The first two rounds of six or so updates each download and install very fast; within 10 -...
  9. Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Only 3 Windows Updates installed after Clean Install: I cleaned installed Win10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool and how come I only got 3 updates???? This is very strange. I am assuming I would get more updates than these. Running version 1511 build 10586 Is it because Win10 is too new ??? And I kept pressing the...
  10. Best way for updates after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Best way for updates after clean install: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 (iso from July 16). Just wondering if there are any tricks like there was with Windows 7. Or should I just check for updates normally and go with it? Right now the CPU is at 100% when checking for updates/downloading which is why I'm...