Windows 10: After copyprofile, installs don't initialize

Discus and support After copyprofile, installs don't initialize in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ugh! This is so frustrating. I have created a million of images using copyprofile and this has never been an issue! I copyprofiled and now I can't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulaJava, May 9, 2018.

1. PaulaJava Win User

After copyprofile, installs don't initialize

Ugh! This is so frustrating. I have created a million of images using copyprofile and this has never been an issue! I copyprofiled and now I can't do an install in the local administrator profile to update the image. I deleted the profile but the same issue exists. Help.

:)

PaulaJava, May 9, 2018
Thema:

After copyprofile, installs don't initialize

1. After copyprofile, installs don't initialize - Similar Threads - copyprofile installs don't

2. Windows installation stuck at 98% after restoring initiated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installation stuck at 98% after restoring initiated: Hello, I've launched the restoration process 3 days ago on a Windows 11. And since then I've been on the installation page as it is stuck at 98%. I finally decided to unplug and restart the computer as there was no evolution for 72 hours. The computer didn't power on for an...
  3. Windows Install Issues - SSD not in Bios after initial Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Install Issues - SSD not in Bios after initial Install: I have a SSD M.2 as my only drive. I am trying a fresh install on a new build. 1TB WD Black I created a USB install bootable with Rufus. I go into Bios before the install and make sure that it can see the SSD and USB. Set priority. Set to UEFI only. I can go through the...
  4. Problems with CopyProfile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with CopyProfile: Hi, I'm trying to capture and deploy a custom Windows 10 64-bit Education 1903 (build 18362.449) image for a client and, amongst others, have followed some of the brilliant guides on this forum. I've succeeded in building the reference computer and an autounattend.xml file...
  5. Don't know why this occur initially

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Don't know why this occur initially: [ATTACH] Every time at startup it occurs. I used to press F2 for default values to continue. Is there any problem causing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-know-why-this-occur-initially/a9dd4003-24a1-438e-9182-033f49a9a709
  6. CopyProfile on existing computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    CopyProfile on existing computer: I have a coworker setting up now computers and the boss wants her to leave the OEM OS on them. The only thing is, there are customizations that need to be a part of the default profile. I do the imaging here and use CopyProfile then capture the image. How can she do this on...
  7. CopyProfile XML for Start layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    CopyProfile XML for Start layout: Has anyone managed to get customize the start menu and then copying that customization in the default user by using the CopyProfile method? Link: Start layout for Windows 10 desktop editions - Windows 10 hardware dev Moreover, has anyone successfully deployed this via SCCM...
  8. CopyProfile in Build 1607 not fully working?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CopyProfile in Build 1607 not fully working?: I've encountered a strange behavior of the CopyProfile feature in Windows 10 Anniversary Update. We typically create our images in Audit Mode on a VM and use CopyProfile in the Answer File to make sure all users have the same visual experience. This includes not only the...
  9. Issue with "CopyProfile" option in Unattended Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with "CopyProfile" option in Unattended Install: I have been creating generalized images for deployment in an enterprise scenario. In order to do so, I've installed Windows 10, booted into audit mode from the Welcome Screen, then customized Windows. After this, I can run sysprep with an unattend file (generalized mode) and...
  10. Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile

in Windows 10 Support
    Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile: I am trying to prepare my image for deployment using the latest Windows 10 release (15063.250) and the search / Cortana feature seems to break after using the copyprofile flag in my unattend.xml file. I have searched this and seen it was an issue in past releases. Is this a...