Windows 10: After Creator update, ASCII characters 177 and 178 have spaces after

Discus and support After Creator update, ASCII characters 177 and 178 have spaces after in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing the Creator Update, the extended ASCII characters 177 and 178 have a space after them when they are displayed in the conosole. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ryanboston, Apr 16, 2017.

1. After Creator update, ASCII characters 177 and 178 have spaces after

After installing the Creator Update, the extended ASCII characters 177 and 178 have a space after them when they are displayed in the conosole. If I try to print several of the characters 177 and 178 in a row with C++ using printf or cout, they display without spaces but then have a series of spaces afterward, one for each of the characters. I tried reverting to Windows before the update was installed and they displayed properly once again. I reinstalled the update and I had the same problem. As a software developer this is causing a major problem for one of my programs. I've tested my program in all version of Windows from Windows 95 to Windows 10 and only have this problem after installing the Creator update. Can anyone help me with this?

:)

ryanboston, Apr 16, 2017

2. windows 10 ascii key code change

I too took Microsoft's advice to use ASCII characters in my log-on password. However, after upgrading to Windows 10 I find that the ASCII characters are displaying different than they did in Windows 7.
    Now I can't log in to my PC, and I don't have another Windows 10 PC to check the Character Map. Is there somewhere I can look for the new Windows 10 ASCII chart/table that doesn't involve logging in to a Windows 10 PC?

VaughnPhillips, Apr 16, 2017
  3. New 5233 touch problems.

my brother would like 2 buy a mobile from "america > los angles".

the price limit is between 177 dollar and 178 doller

could u please reply

sijokthomas4u, Apr 16, 2017
Thema:

After Creator update, ASCII characters 177 and 178 have spaces after

1. After Creator update, ASCII characters 177 and 178 have spaces after - Similar Threads - Creator update ASCII

2. Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad: Lenovo Legion laptopWindows 11English language settingsSwedish keyboard settingsNow, the issue is that whenever I open a new .txt file in notepad I can enter a total of 1 Ascii character using the left-alt + numpad method. Attempting to enter a second character using the same...
  3. Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter multiple Ascii characters in Notepad: Lenovo Legion laptopWindows 11English language settingsSwedish keyboard settingsNow, the issue is that whenever I open a new .txt file in notepad I can enter a total of 1 Ascii character using the left-alt + numpad method. Attempting to enter a second character using the same...
  4. ASCII codes in Character Map

in Windows 10 Customization
    ASCII codes in Character Map: Hello, I am looking for a way to show the ASCII codes of all characters that have one in the Character Map in Windows 10 Pro as used to be the case in older versions, in such a way that when I wish to insert a special character in another application I can easily check what...
  5. Print characters from ASCII code in CLI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Print characters from ASCII code in CLI: From the command line, is there a way to ECHO a character based on an ASCII code? And vice versa, display the numerical ASCII code of a character? submitted by /u/the-guz [link] [comments]...
  6. ASCII code needed for this character: ϖ

ASCII code needed for this character: ϖ: TWiMC: I am desperately looking for the ascii code to produce the following text character » ϖ MANY THANKS for your help!! __ Nikki Grace Holmes https:// reaganator . com Zero relation to California's ex-governor....
  7. Weird ASCII characters in NTDVM Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird ASCII characters in NTDVM Windows 10: In anticipation of the withdrawal of support for Windows 7 in January I am starting to transition my company’s computers to Windows 10. We have used Win 7 32 bit in order to use a long standing custom DOS application. It has run in NTVDM faultlessly with the advantage that...
  8. OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update

OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update: Hi guys! when I install the old new explorer , thw folders disappear. I use a custom theme and I have this problem after installing the new update. has anyone else similar issue? Thanks in advance! [img] 82290
  9. Mysteriously Having To Re-Activate After Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mysteriously Having To Re-Activate After Creators Update: I downloaded and installed the Creators Update successfully but since then, if I remain connected to the internet long enough, Windows deactivates for no apparent reason. This never happened before, and I have made no hardware changes, and this has never happened before in...
  10. Myriad of issues after Creator update

in Windows 10 Support
    Myriad of issues after Creator update: Hey folks, I have been having some rather annoying issued as of installing the Creator update. These issues include: -Incredibly slow boot time -Disk usage maxing out whenever a program is launched -Incredibly slow browser speeds (Using Waterfox. Chrome seems to function...