Windows 10: After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender

Discus and support After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed the Creator Update yesterday. Today I noticed Defender didn't update definitions. I opened the Security Center, and it's reading my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobNJ, Apr 11, 2017.

1. RobNJ Win User

After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender

I installed the Creator Update yesterday. Today I noticed Defender didn't update definitions. I opened the Security Center, and it's reading my installed Malwarebytes 3 Premium as "..other antivirus provider.."

After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender [​IMG]

Before the update, I was under the impression that BOTH were running.
    I turned off Malwarebytes, turned on defender, ran updates, & did a scan. When I turned on Malwarebytes again, it turned off the virus protection of Defender (according to the security center)

Is there a way to run them both together, if still needed?

:)

RobNJ, Apr 11, 2017
  2. Le Boule Win User

How do I make Windows 10 Defender handle Real Time Protection?

I use Malwarebytes Free for occasional independent scans on my Win 10 and have had no conflicts/issues with Windows Defender. Are you using the paid version of MBAM?

Did you seek advice from Malwarebytes?
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/199006-malwarebytes-windows-10-creators-update/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

See
    https://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/81634-after-creator-update-conflict-between-malwarebytes-windows-defender.html

And/Or

See
    https://www.winhelp.us/configure-windows-defender-security-center.html

Regards...

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Apr 11, 2017
  3. XP ROCKS. Win User
    Windows 10 kernel security check failure after upgrade

You are probably having a conflict issue between Malwarebytes Premium, and Windows Defender.

See link.

How to run Malwarebytes alongside another Antivirus.

http://www.howtogeek.com/230158/how-to-run-malwarebytes-alongside-another-antivirus/

If the system remains unstable after taking these steps above, please run driver verifier.

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

XP ROCKS., Apr 11, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

Under MalwareBytes settings there's an option to remove MBAM from the control centre, this should allow you to use both. The setting is usually set to auto.

Bastet, Apr 11, 2017
  5. RobNJ Win User
    Found it! Thank you, very much!

RobNJ, Apr 11, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    Glad to hear that. *Smile

Bastet, Apr 11, 2017
  7. where is the Remove from Control Center in Malwarebytes Premium 3? I cannot find it and i am intermittently having the same issue.

Thanks,

Danny R

djrobison22, May 9, 2017
  8. After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender

Could be the "Action Center" setting? I too updated to CU yesterday and this thread made me check to see if my definations were current. Here's what I just had happen:

And now I've got something to do.

EDIT:

Although Malwarebytes was not listed as an installed AV, I did disable it from start up, did a shutdown and cold boot startup. MBAM Service still in Task Manager and I ended it. Then ran the Defender Definitions Update check. This time it ran with no errors. Guess I'll leave it this way for a while and see what happens.

Wiley Coyote, May 9, 2017
  9. Bastet Win User
    Not at the pc so can't check but I think it's under settings>Protection, scroll down to windows action centre.

Bastet, May 9, 2017
  10. On the Settings tab:

As an update to all this. After doing a definitions update & full scan, I've re-enabled Malwarebytes. Performed a shutdown, after start up everything is so far peacefully coexisting.

Wiley Coyote, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Creator Update Conflict

2. Windows defender not working after downloading malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not working after downloading malwarebytes: A couple months back I download malwarebytes, after the free trial ended I supposed I didn't need it anymore, so I deleted it completely, now windows defender wont turn back on. "the threat service has stopped, restart it now" I clicked that and it kept loading then came up...
  3. Defender and Malwarebytes

Defender and Malwarebytes: Can Defender and Malwarebytes run together? Do I have to disable one to use the other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-and-malwarebytes/f5875915-752c-4803-b761-cd49242dc225
  4. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes: What should I do if I use Malwarebytes with Windows Defender ? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-and-malwarebytes/2f649ff1-9d93-48c7-97ab-680c114c3e62
  5. windows defender+malwarebytes??

windows defender+malwarebytes??: what happen if i install malwarebytes while using windows defender ? will this two is enough for my device against malware and viruses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defendermalwarebytes/f5ef60b1-adb1-4dd6-8244-a3bb0cf69bbc"
  6. Malwarebytes & Windows defender?

Malwarebytes & Windows defender?: Hello hello, New win 10 user here and need to ask a question. I had defender running, I installed Malwarebytes (paid) and defender has shut itself down I think? No matter what I do I can not start it up. And I keep getting notifications to install an AV program or enable...
  7. Creators Update..Defender conflict /pc slow boot up

Creators Update..Defender conflict /pc slow boot up: I updated my pc from Windows 10 pro with Anniversary update 1607 to creators update.. Loaded ok ...ran ok...but noticed Windows Defender Security Suite was conflicting with my installed Bullguard Internet Security...the Firewall element part..so i disabled WDSS Firewall...
  8. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes: I have Windows 10 and have used the free Malwarebytes for quite sometime. However, I've read where Windows Defender does a pretty good job. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion but I'm thinking of removing Malwarebytes and just using Defender. Or do you think that's a bad...
  9. Malwarebytes and windows defender

Malwarebytes and windows defender: Glad to hear it. Please click the "Solved" box at the bottom of the thread. It will help other users that might come across the same issue.
  10. defender issues after creator update

defender issues after creator update: i got an 'unknown usb device (set address failed)', which was noticed when I checked defender... I also cannot enable the defender threat service... clicking restart does nothing. i uninstalled the device and restarted, but didn't fix it, altho the WSC icon shows 'no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. conflicts between windows defender and malwarebytes