Windows 10: After enabling Microsoft login, can't start task/service on boot

Discus and support After enabling Microsoft login, can't start task/service on boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a startup script to spin up my VMware server, as soon as the computer boots (not user login). Set this up in Task Scheduler, it worked great.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AdmEEn84, Apr 27, 2017.

1. AdmEEn84 Win User

After enabling Microsoft login, can't start task/service on boot

I've got a startup script to spin up my VMware server, as soon as the computer boots (not user login). Set this up in Task Scheduler, it worked great. With my local user account, not linked to Microsoft at all.

Due to Microsoft's Store, or my own fat fingers, I'm now logging in with Microsoft.com credentials.

Now my startup task doesn't run! I also can't find the event logs for Task Scheduler

Could this be a permissions issue? Like, does a Microsoft.com account not function before the user actually logs in? I have the script set to run with my username, I entered the new password, and I have it set to run with the highest privileges. Any way to get this to work again?

Is there any way to get this task running again??
    Is there a way to revert back to local account?

:)

AdmEEn84, Apr 27, 2017
  2. GoniAdjid Win User

Accidentally turned off all microsoft services

Hello

I tried to do clean boot and I accidentally turned off all microsoft services. After I restarted the system, the computer doesn't show the login screen.

Now I can only start the computer in safe mode, and I can't access the system configuration from the safe mode, so can't enable microsoft services.

I don't want to reinstall Windows cause it'll take me time to install all the softwares

I need your help to restore all microsoft services without losing my softwares.

Thanks

GoniAdjid, Apr 27, 2017
  3. MC_713 Win User
    Attempted to do a Clean Boot but forgot to Hide Microsoft Services

I attempted to do a Clean Boot (on Windows 10) but missed the step to "Hide All Microsoft Services" before going ahead and Disabling All Services. After rebooting, I can't login to my desktop account. Please help me recover my login ability.

MC_713, Apr 27, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello AdmEEn84,

Since you switched to a Microsoft account, this would have changed the credentials for your account.

The task was setup using the credentials of your local account, so you may be able to just edit the task to update it with your current credentials to see if that may help.

Brink, Apr 27, 2017
  5. AdmEEn84 Win User
    Yeah I re-entered my password into Task Manager as soon as I realized, still no dice. I can run the batch just fine, and I can run the task while logged in.

I think the problem is rooted in the need for this process to initiate a program that runs like a system service. But when/if I login I want to be able to interact with it, so I run it with my credentials. I've also checked 'run with highest privileges'

Is it possible that my 'Microsoft user' account cannot run as LocalSystem account or something like that?

Also, I can't even run this batch script on startup with group policy, either

AdmEEn84, Apr 28, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 28, 2017
  7. AdmEEn84 Win User
    Thanks for the info! That's probably what I'm going to have to do. Not only having trouble running batch scripts, but all my devices that connected automatically to this computer now require a password every time. Click remember the password, doesn't matter; kinda sucks that I gotta enter it in every time.
    Maybe is there a Group Policy setting or something that would allow saved credentials to log in to this pc?
    I can see in the event logs that it used to authenticate with NTLM, but now it needs the Microsoft.com domain. Something about asking Microsoft for permission to login to my own pc... Yeah that just rubs me the wrong way

Anyway, just for the record, I did some more research and there is a user Principle called 'Batch', apparently that's the security for batch files. Enabled read/write/exec for all the scripts, no luck without the user logged in

AdmEEn84, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. After enabling Microsoft login, can't start task/service on boot - Similar Threads - enabling Microsoft login

2. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.: Hello,I want to update my Windows from 10 to 11. so I ran PC health checkup which detected that secure boot is not enabled on my windows. So in BIOS setting I changed boot from legacy to UEFI and enabled the secure boot but my windows is not starting after this. What should I...
  3. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.: Hello,I want to update my Windows from 10 to 11. so I ran PC health checkup which detected that secure boot is not enabled on my windows. So in BIOS setting I changed boot from legacy to UEFI and enabled the secure boot but my windows is not starting after this. What should I...
  4. After enabling secure boot windows 10 not starting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows does not start after enabling Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not start after enabling Secure Boot: Hello, I am looking for a solution to enable secure boot without windows crashing after reboot. I have an MSI motherboard, with a Ryzen 5 3600x, when I go into my BIOS settings I enable it in UEFI mode, mandatory to enable secure boot, and after saving the change I enable...
  6. Windows does not start after enabling Secure Boot

Windows does not start after enabling Secure Boot: Hello, I am looking for a solution to enable secure boot without windows crashing after reboot. I have an MSI motherboard, with a Ryzen 5 3600x, when I go into my BIOS settings I enable it in UEFI mode, mandatory to enable secure boot, and after saving the change I enable...
  7. Can't contact Microsoft or access Microsoft services / login using Microsoft

Can't contact Microsoft or access Microsoft services / login using Microsoft: Hi, I am having an extremely weird experience with Microsoft. I keep having trouble signing in with a Microsoft account on the PC I just reset windows on windows 10. I was having problems before and I took the opportunity to restore the pc to its original state as to clear...
  8. Can't login after clean boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login after clean boot: I followed the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd to clean boot, but I forgot to check Hide All Microsoft Services. Now when I get to the login screen I see "Something happened and...
  9. Gaming services starts automatically after boot

Gaming services starts automatically after boot: I don't play games in my windows 10 pc, yet services like gaming services and Xbox game bar starts automatically after I boot my pc. I really don't want these services. Please give me some commands so that I can remove them as they can't be uninstalled!!...
  10. i can't get login after enabling safe boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    i can't get login after enabling safe boot: i got used laptop about five months ago hp omen x,i forgot my password but i do remember my pin.i don't know why some times my laptop start making some bad sound and get freezes.i searched on internet for solution and i followed some steps. i get into tab ; run => msconfig =>...