Windows 10: After Fall Creators Update Bluetooth becomes completely wonky

Discus and support After Fall Creators Update Bluetooth becomes completely wonky in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not sure if this is speaker fault or Windows but co operation between my UE Boom Bluetooth speaker and Windows both 7 and 10 was always crappy to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chartkor, Dec 28, 2017.

1. chartkor Win User

After Fall Creators Update Bluetooth becomes completely wonky

I am not sure if this is speaker fault or Windows but co operation between my UE Boom Bluetooth speaker and Windows both 7 and 10 was always crappy to put it mildly.
    However after installing latest Fall Creators Update problem became really annoying.
    Prior to the update when connected speaker would start stuttering after a brief period of inactivity. Sometimes I could pause a movie and leave for 5 minutes and it would be fine and sometimes 30 seconds of no sound would be enough to throw connection off and have speaker stuttering.
    Usually turning speaker off and back on would help.

However after the update a more serious problem has presented itself. Once the speaker is connected but it disconnects, for example going to sleep to save power it won't connect again unless I restart the computer. Funny thing that even "fresh" it does not always connect automatically, I literally have to open "Bluetooth and Devices" and scroll down to where speaker is listed and then it connects on its own accord.

Anyone else experiencing bluetooth problems? Is there any patch, solution? According to Windows my Bluetooth driver is up to date.
    Bluetooth chip is: Qualcomm Atheros AR3011

Edit:
    I was able only to estabilish that Qualcomm does not provide drivers directly to consumers and the one on MSI website seems outdated, someone maybe has a way to source a driver newer than 10.0.1.7?

:)

chartkor, Dec 28, 2017

2. Wonky Drive icon in latest fall creators update

We appreciate your patience regarding this matter, Vahid.

Just like what Jane mentioned to RachitShah, you may send this issue to us through the Feedback Hub. You may follow the steps from Jane's response.

We will be pleased to get these feedback about the new update for us to get a chance to enhance it.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Michelle Her, Dec 28, 2017
  3. mthillis Win User
    Paired headphones will not connect to Bluetooth

I have a ASUS BT400 USB bluetooth adapter. Following the Windows 10 Fall Creator Update my Logitech M557 bluetooth mouse stopped working. Windows 10 would see it, but it failed to pair. I tried uninstalling the BT-400 and reinstalling it. I downloaded druvers
    directly from ASAUS. All to no avail. All the usual motherhood things that people advise when they dont really know what the problem is.

Finally I uninstalled the fall creator update. Mouse works perfectly. After a lot of searching it looks like there is an incompatibility with the Broadcom drivers that the BT-400 uses. I dont think most bluetooth devices will work with the BT-400 and Win
    10 with the fall creator update until the conflict with the driver is resolved.

mthillis, Dec 28, 2017
Thema:

After Fall Creators Update Bluetooth becomes completely wonky

1. After Fall Creators Update Bluetooth becomes completely wonky - Similar Threads - Fall Creators Update

2. Fall creators update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall creators update.: How do i stop or block this virus you call the fall creators update, 3 times this year it's uploaded itself onto my computer and every time i've had to revert to the previous build. Each time it installs itself i loose 3-4 hours of work time because i can't use my computer,...
  3. INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...

in Browsers and Email
    INetCookies after Fall Creators Update...: Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I thought it was more browser than OS related. Anyway, after last week's v1709 update, CCleaner has been deleting a file it never used to. C:\Users\UserId\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\deprecated.cookie It shows up...
  4. BSOD after Fall Creators update, 0x000000c8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Fall Creators update, 0x000000c8: Hello. I'm having BSODs and other problems like start menu not working after upgrading to v1709. The strange thing is that BSODs occur only when pc turns on, meaning no BSOD when I restart. I even tried a clean install from different 1709 .ISO and still getting BSODs....
  5. lost bluetooth function after windows 10 Fall Creators update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost bluetooth function after windows 10 Fall Creators update.: I updated my Dell tablet this morning to latest build, I immediately lost bluetooth . Not even listed in Device manager. When I ran Bluetooth trouble shoot, the result was that my Atheros Bluetooth UART Transport driver cannot Start ( code10) . I did not try to uninstall...
  6. Mouse lag after fall creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse lag after fall creators update: After installing the last big fall creators update, I'm getting mouse lag, not only in games but also inside of windows. The mouse will sort of pause when I mouse over things that might highlight in windows. I already reinstalled the Logitech software, and I updated the...
  7. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: Has anyone installed it yet? If so did it break anything for you? Debating If I should update or not. 95662
  8. fall creator update

fall creator update: Is there a general chart which might give info on when i would get fcu. I went from 7 to 10 just a couple weeks before free 10 stopped. 97324
  9. Fall Creators Update

Fall Creators Update: I just bit the bullet and went to Microsoft site and tried to install it. It hung up stuck on 24% and stayed there for an hour so I pulled the plug and it has gone back to the previous version. Now what? 99881
  10. Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Fall Creators Update: I work for a company that has about 200 desktop and laptop running Windows 10 (most are HP's)on our own domain and after the fall creators update, we have experienced Unauthenticated network messages as well as download issues in all browsers (Edge, IE 11, Chrome, Firefox)....