Windows 10: After Fall Update 2017 Pins to File Explorer on Taskbar Don't Launch

Discus and support After Fall Update 2017 Pins to File Explorer on Taskbar Don't Launch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the Fall Update (2017) installed, the folders I have pinned to the File Explorer icon on my taskbar do not launch. I tried unpinning and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by afhobbs23, Nov 10, 2017.

1. afhobbs23 Win User

After Fall Update 2017 Pins to File Explorer on Taskbar Don't Launch

Since the Fall Update (2017) installed, the folders I have pinned to the File Explorer icon on my taskbar do not launch. I tried unpinning and then repinning but it made no difference. I also pinned a new folder which was never pinned before and it does not launch either. Does anyone have any idea what would have changed with this Update that would explain why this is occurring?

:)

afhobbs23, Nov 10, 2017
  2. Juzzy1000 Win User

Cannot launch File Explorer from taskbar in Windows 10

Hi Arun,

Thanks for the reply. No this did not work.

File Explorer did launch when I pressed Windows +E, but after pinning this to the taskbar, it will not launch from there. Any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Regards,

Juzzy

Juzzy1000, Nov 10, 2017
  3. Pin Icon to taskbar that DOESN'T move

If File Explorer shortcut is alone causing this, unpin it and delete its .lnk file here:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

The press WinKey + E which opens File Explorer. Pin it back again.

Or try clearing the entire Pinned items setting via the registry, or using the Vbscript here.

Stephen Foulds

The items need to be Pinned again.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 10, 2017
Thema:

After Fall Update 2017 Pins to File Explorer on Taskbar Don't Launch

1. After Fall Update 2017 Pins to File Explorer on Taskbar Don't Launch - Similar Threads - Fall Update 2017

2. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  3. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working: The Pinned file explorer on the taskbar doesn't work for few days.If I left click the file explorer icon, nothing will happen. If I click again to do anything on the taskbar, the taskbar will just freeze. However, the file explorer can be opened via start menu, desktop icon,...
  4. Pinned file explorer on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning File Explorer to secondary taskbar?: Hi! I'm trying to pin a shortcut to the explorer on my secondary taskbar but I have no idea how to do this.I'm using a dual-monitor setup with two taskbars, with 'showing programs on taskbar where window is open' enabled. I also use a third-party add-on to set the icons to...
  6. Pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I have gone through all of the recommended steps for pinning File Explorer to the task bar and nothing works. Any suggestions as to why this is happening? [Original Title: File Explorer]...
  7. File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer launches when Edge is pinned to taskbar.: Hi, I have a very peculiar situation where File Explorer launches itself when I open Edge from a pin on the task bar. If I go to the Start menu and open Edge, only edge opens. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning Edge to the taskbar, but the issue returns. Any ideas?? 127463
  8. Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot pin File Explorer to Taskbar: I just bought a new Win 10 PC about 8 hours ago and am trying to set it up. I tried to transfer files from my external hard drive onto the new laptop only to find out, once the transfer was nearly complete, that Win 10 defaulted the transfer into my OneDrive, which I...
  9. Cannot find or launch the Store after Fall update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot find or launch the Store after Fall update: I eventually managed to install the Fall update, but it has 'damaged' a number of things. In particular I cannot launch / open the MS Windows Store (or some of the apps). I have found many files relating to the Store but none which open it. Instructions do not work, there is...
  10. Win 10 update (fall 2017) fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 update (fall 2017) fails: Win 10 update assistant notifies to update goes thru update --- Fails HP Desktop 4gb Win 8 (1tb spinner) --> Win 10 --> migrate to SSD (45G used 65 G free) error code 0x80070057 on another attempt error code 0x80070652 allowed it to try update many times ----...