Windows 10: After I reinstalled OS from DVD, if sits, shuts off, hit key wakes up

Discus and support After I reinstalled OS from DVD, if sits, shuts off, hit key wakes up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If you dont use it, it is like turning itself off completely. But it wakes up and then errors with driver status fail, has to collect data, then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Nov 15, 2017.

1. After I reinstalled OS from DVD, if sits, shuts off, hit key wakes up

If you dont use it, it is like turning itself off completely.
    But it wakes up and then errors with driver status fail, has to collect data, then it will restart.
    I dont want it to hibernate, is that what is happening?

:)

sdowney717, Nov 15, 2017

2. computer wake-up after sleep

Somebody is not understanding the problem. It is not the computer that is not waking up - it wakes up just fine. But when the computer goes to sleep, so does my video display, as it should.

When I hit a key on my keyboard, the computer wakes up, but the monitor does not. I have reloaded the drivers for the video display. However that does not solve the problem.

The video display used to wake up along with the computer until the last update for Windows 10. Since that update I have to manually shut off my video display and then turn it back on to get the display to also wake up.

I hope this is more clear as to what the problem is.

Bill McCormick_5407, Nov 15, 2017
  3. Timoteo G Win User
    Sleep Problems with Lenovo P400 & Windows 10

On the laptop both 'battery' and 'plugged in' Power settings are set to "never sleep" however

after an hour or two the laptop still goes to sleep and hitting a key on the keyboard does not wake it up, so I have to open it up and use the power button ( I have a monitor sitting on it and use a Bluetooth keyboard)

my lenovo T series (win 7 pro) is very good about going to sleep BUT waking up easily when I touch any key.

Trouble shooter did not help

'Hibernate' is greyed out, as if there is no such function.

I am stumped

Timoteo G, Nov 15, 2017
  4. After I reinstalled OS from DVD, if sits, shuts off, hit key wakes up

Have you installed all of the latest drivers for the Windows 10 installation?

Is this an Intel-based PC?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 16, 2017
  5. amd based. I set to never turn off. it is updated to 1709. before i did clean reinstall, this behavior of hibernating did not happen.

sdowney717, Nov 16, 2017
  6. After you finished with the clean reinstall, did you make sure you got all of the AMD drivers? I have a feeling something driver based is putting the computer to sleep.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 17, 2017
  7. How do you know you got all the drivers?
    device manager has no issues.
    After telling it to never shut off the screen or sleep it stays on fine.
    Power settings had said 10 minutes to shut off video, 30 minutes to sleep.

It was weird, PC would like be off, hit any key, PC boots up win10, but came up a little quicker than normal cold boot.
    Seemed like a hibernation.

sdowney717, Nov 17, 2017
  8. After I reinstalled OS from DVD, if sits, shuts off, hit key wakes up

Well, Device Manager errors are becoming a thing of the past with Microsoft now installing a lot more compatible drivers off the bat. So, to Windows, it shows that everything is okay.

First things first, I would recommend getting all of the latest AMD drivers for your system to make sure the hardware can correctly communicate with Windows.

You can use this tool to do so:

AMD Driver Autodetect

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

After I reinstalled OS from DVD, if sits, shuts off, hit key wakes up

1. After I reinstalled OS from DVD, if sits, shuts off, hit key wakes up - Similar Threads - reinstalled DVD sits

2. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  3. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  4. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key: My pc shuts off when i hit insert key WHY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-shut-off-when-i-hit-a-key/bc569c22-3ba4-4659-8f3b-3b80b1156e25
  5. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key: My pc shuts off when i hit insert key WHY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-shut-off-when-i-hit-a-key/bc569c22-3ba4-4659-8f3b-3b80b1156e25
  6. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Wake Up after I Shut it Down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake Up after I Shut it Down: Hi,I'm facing a issue which my pc keeps wake up after I shut it down.I did all the available way suggested from the pros but none of it works :I even Reset my computer but it still the same problem....
  8. Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop shuts off after waking from Sleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ipenama [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gn5aas/laptop_shuts_off_after_waking_from_sleep/
  9. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This problem happened for me last week but after a system restore it was seemingly fixed. After having to restart my computer again however, it's come back: every time I put Windows in sleep mode and turn it back on, it instantly shuts off. Not even a blue screen, it just...
  10. Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows shuts down after waking up from sleep: This issue's surfaced for me since this morning. Whenever I put Windows to sleep, either manually or closing my lid, it shuts down the instant I start it back up. How do I figure out the cause of this and how to fix it? 11121