Windows 10: After installation a program

Discus and support After installation a program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I have installed some small painting program, the installation was normal. The program is present in the list of installed programs,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Motim, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Motim Win User

After installation a program

Hello,
    Recently I have installed some small painting program, the installation was normal. The program is present in the list of installed programs, and is present in the Windows 'All Apps' menu, but when I click on the program's shortcut or from the menu, I get an error message "Failed to update the system registry. Please try using regedit ".
    Attached screenshot message.
    After closing the message all functions in the program are working fine. Also when I select 'Open With...' from the sub-menu I get the same message.
    How to correct this error ?
    Answers will be appreciated
    Thanks

After installation a program [​IMG]

:)

Motim, Dec 13, 2016

2. Problem during installation of a program

Hi,

It looks like the game's components has something to do with the error message that you are getting. You may follow the steps on this link to
    make older programs compatibility with Windows 10.

Update us if the issue persists.

Jomari Arc, Dec 13, 2016
  3. Problem during installation of a program

Hi Kyle,

A corrupted game component during the installation of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 is one of the common reasons why you are having this error: "The remote procedure call failed". To help you resolve this issue, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting
    steps posted by Divya Murugan and Mike Pepper on the link below.

Click here

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can further assist you.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 13, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi you might try installing the program running the installer as administrator. It may also be incompatible with Win 10 - have you checked?

And if the error remains, try running the program as admin. Far from ideal, but worth a try.

Any particular reason for still running build 1511?

dalchina, Dec 14, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    And it is always good to give the name and version of the program, one of us volunteers may have had the same problem with that specific issue and can provide help.

As to your System Specs and the "unknown motherboard", I've found the free SPECCY program from Piriform - Download CCleaner - Millions of users worldwide! to be quite useful in identifying things.

Berton, Dec 14, 2016
  6. Motim Win User
    Hello,
    Thanks for the answer.
    1. The only user and admin of the pc is me, and I never had problems installing my programs.
    This program works on my Win 10 pc - then its ok with me.
    2.I tried to run the program, as you said, as administrator - it worked like a miracle, then I opened it again and again
    as a user, that notice gone.
    3. About updating Windows, well, its a long story, cannot forget that evening. I posted a thread on this forum some time ago. Here it is " Windows 10 (cannot) update - Windows 10 Forums"
    This is the reason why I stopped the updating service.
    The problem with the program's notice about "Not in the registry..." solved.
    Many thanks.

Motim, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After installation a program - Similar Threads - installation program

2. Help getting older program installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help getting older program installed: Hello - hoping someone has an answer for me for this issue...I have an older copy of Adobe Creative Suite that has two discs. And on my old pc which since has died I could install the program via the DVD drive with no problem. However, on my newer pc, when I put DVD #1 in the...
  3. Help getting older program installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help getting older program installed: Hello - hoping someone has an answer for me for this issue...I have an older copy of Adobe Creative Suite that has two discs. And on my old pc which since has died I could install the program via the DVD drive with no problem. However, on my newer pc, when I put DVD #1 in the...
  4. Help getting older program installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Move the installed program for D drive to E drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move the installed program for D drive to E drive: Hello everyone,I installed some software on my D drive, however, now my C drive is full, and I want to extend it.That's why I need to move the data from my D drive to other drive, so I will have more space to extend the C drive.If the data inside the D drive is the normal...
  6. Move the installed program for D drive to E drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move the installed program for D drive to E drive: Hello everyone,I installed some software on my D drive, however, now my C drive is full, and I want to extend it.That's why I need to move the data from my D drive to other drive, so I will have more space to extend the C drive.If the data inside the D drive is the normal...
  7. Move the installed program for D drive to E drive

8. Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11: Could be related to the recent update, but I don't have any idea.I have no antivirus, things I have tried:*Restarting PC.*Running as administrator.*Turning off Firewall/Windows Defender.*Allowing download and installation besides Microsoft Store.*Unblocking the...
  9. Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11

Programs and installations close right after start please help Windows 11: Could be related to the recent update, but I don't have any idea.I have no antivirus, things I have tried:*Restarting PC.*Running as administrator.*Turning off Firewall/Windows Defender.*Allowing download and installation besides Microsoft Store.*Unblocking the...
  10. Everytime I install any new programe a pop up appears showing "dbghelp.dll" is missing. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime I install any new programe a pop up appears showing "dbghelp.dll" is missing. I...: Every time I install any new program a pop up appears showing "dbghelp.dll" is missing and reinstalling the program may work. I have a HP All In One Pc 2018 variant with a Pentium Silver J5005 processor, 4gb of RAM with Windows 11 64 bit.Can you give me some help regarding...