Windows 10: After installing 1709, locked out

Discus and support After installing 1709, locked out in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On reboot, get logon banner with my username above it, after clicking on it I get the word, "locking" across the screen and go back to logon banner. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ken1943, Oct 18, 2017.

1. ken1943 Win User

After installing 1709, locked out

On reboot, get logon banner with my username above it, after clicking on it I get the word, "locking" across the screen and go back to logon banner.
    I do not use a password and I installed the upgrade from a dvd.

Using restart + shift key I get into a repair screen. Tried a couple of things without not working.
    Got into safe mode and same thing happens.

Now confused !!

:)

ken1943, Oct 18, 2017
  2. SeaBreena Win User

Problem Installing An Update

Hi, would someone know why I'm having problems installing 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64 Based-Systems (KB4092077)?

My screen becomes locked after various percentages of the installation have gone through. This used to happen too with
    Features Update Version 1709. After finding out several weeks ago the Version 1709 was not compatible with my computer I HID the notice for this so have had no notifications since to install it. Thank-you.

SeaBreena, Oct 18, 2017
  3. LeeB1430 Win User
    Can't sign in after update

I have the same problem as BobHundley but that thread is locked.

If I upgrade my wife's PC from Version 1703 to Version 1709 she is locked out at the Sign in screen and one can never get in. Going back to the prior version restores normal Sign in.

I have tried the update via Windows Update and by an in place upgrade via a Version 1709 DVD both with the same result, locked out.

I installed to a new SSD via the 1709 DVD and everything works normally with no Sign in problems. Previous chat with MS support told me the hardware, Asus H61M-A/USB3 mainboard was not compatible. The above proves that incorrect.

I do not want to have to get the latest version 1709 via a clean install thus loosing all her installed and Activated software.

There MUST be a way to fix this upgrade problem as she is not the only one having it.

Suggestions please.

LeeB1430, Oct 18, 2017
  4. After installing 1709, locked out

Caledon Ken, Oct 20, 2017
Thema:

After installing 1709, locked out

1. After installing 1709, locked out - Similar Threads - installing 1709 locked

2. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after reset: I have reset my HP probook G1 and when I have tried to log in to the laptop but it seems that the profile that my computer is trying to log me into has been deleted and I can no longer log in...
  3. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out after reset: I have reset my HP probook G1 and when I have tried to log in to the laptop but it seems that the profile that my computer is trying to log me into has been deleted and I can no longer log in...
  4. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out after reset: So, I have had to reset my PC after someone else had access to it. I chose a cloud reinstall of windows 11.It now says 'your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.When I click on the link, I get the...
  6. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after reset: So, I have had to reset my PC after someone else had access to it. I chose a cloud reinstall of windows 11.It now says 'your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.When I click on the link, I get the...
  7. Locked out after update

Locked out after update: My laptop ran the update last night and since then, I've been locked out. When I next switched it on, at the login there was a dialogue box asking me to sign in to my Microsoft Account rather than just my usual security password. Then another box asking me to set a pass key;...
  8. win 1709 spotlight in lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 1709 spotlight in lock screen: Mine is not working;is anyone else having the same issue? 99367
  9. Locked out of new install

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of new install: I did an upgrade from W7 yesterday. Put the computer to sleep overnight. This morning it wants some password. I have no idea what it wants as I did not explicitly set one. How do I get into the system? Do I have to reinstall W7 then do an upgrade again? I never set any...
  10. version 1709 installed

version 1709 installed: version 1709 installed and Microsoft wants wordpad to be default, I have apache office which Microsoft is ignoring, it has tried 3 times to be default but winpatrol stops it, how do I get Microsoft to stop asking 99979