Windows 10: After Keep My Files Clean Install HDD Memory is still the same

Discus and support After Keep My Files Clean Install HDD Memory is still the same in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I did a clean install that would keep my Files and delete all the apps, but now I still have 350GB of HDD Memeory, instead of 800GB Or so 67927 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IcyPaladin, Oct 24, 2016.

1. After Keep My Files Clean Install HDD Memory is still the same

So I did a clean install that would keep my Files and delete all the apps, but now I still have 350GB of HDD Memeory, instead of 800GB Or so

:)

IcyPaladin, Oct 24, 2016
  2. ChrisF_UK Win User

Installing Windows 10 question

Hello everyone

I am yet to install windows 10 but i just wanted to double check something before i do. I am going to do a clean install of windows 10 on to a new SSD. There is still files and programs i want to keep, so i have moved them to one of my HDD's. If i plug it
    back in after the install will all of the programs and files work ok? Will there be any problems? Am i better off doing another clean win7 install where i know all of the programs work and then keeping the files when installing windows 10?

Thanks,

chris

ChrisF_UK, Oct 24, 2016
  3. Media Creation Tool clean install HELP

So i have 2 hdd's and i want to clean install on one and backup my important files on the other one. If i install windows 10 using the tool and select to keep "nothing" will it only delete everything on the hdd i'm currently in or will it the files on
    my other hdd?

I NEED A FAST REPLY PLEASE!

Machado558, Oct 24, 2016
  4. After Keep My Files Clean Install HDD Memory is still the same

Ps, Clean Install wasnt because of the memory, it was for different reasons

IcyPaladin, Oct 24, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Right-click the Start button, choose Disk Management, check the number and size of the partitions you have on that drive. Some of the smaller ones [usually less than 800MB] are there by default and can't use them for storage of data.
    KB = KiloByte MB = MegaByte GB = GigaByte

Berton, Oct 24, 2016
  6. I think what you mean is "930.56GB NTFS Healthy(Boot, Page File etc)"?

IcyPaladin, Oct 24, 2016
  7. Oh wait....

In my windows.old folder there are alot of games and stuff......Yeah....theres that

IcyPaladin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

After Keep My Files Clean Install HDD Memory is still the same

1. After Keep My Files Clean Install HDD Memory is still the same - Similar Threads - Keep Files Clean

2. How to keep My Files after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to keep My Files after clean install: I want to do windows 11 clean install but want to keep one of my folders containing my old memories which is in C drive. How can I do so?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-keep-my-files-after-clean-install/468bd801-24aa-485f-9a0b-8d0f99dfbbfc
  3. How to keep My Files after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to keep My Files after clean install: I want to do windows 11 clean install but want to keep one of my folders containing my old memories which is in C drive. How can I do so?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-keep-my-files-after-clean-install/468bd801-24aa-485f-9a0b-8d0f99dfbbfc
  4. "Keep nothing" still keeps some files, how to make a true clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Keep nothing" still keeps some files, how to make a true clean install?: I've reinstalled windows this week and noticed that even tho I selected to 'keep nothing' it still kept what it seems every folder that isn't windows specific, like game folders in documents and any folder that I had made myself for games, apps and whatnot on the C drive. So...
  5. Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install for Windows 10 after HDD replacement: I have installed new Seagate HDD same as the old one. I have used the Media Creation Tool to create installation media on a USB drive. I followed the HP instructions for installing the Window 10 software on the new HDD. When the Let's connect you to a network screen...
  6. 11 partitions on HDD after clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    11 partitions on HDD after clean install: I did a clean install on my daughters old laptop (Lenovo G580) and after looking into disk management there are 11 partitions on the HDD. Can anyone tell me why so many and if I can delete them. The laptop is 7 years old so way out of warranty and she never uses any of the...
  7. 11 partitions on HDD after clean install

in Windows 10 Support
    11 partitions on HDD after clean install: I did a clean install on my daughters old laptop (Lenovo G580) and after looking into disk management there are 11 partitions on the HDD. Can anyone tell me why so many and if I can delete them. The laptop is 7 years old so way out of warranty and she never uses any of the...
  8. No external hdd or touchscreen after clean windows install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No external hdd or touchscreen after clean windows install: I re-installed win10 on my ASUS Q302LA laptop after completely wiping the c: drive using Ubuntu. I installed Ubuntu in order to delete the "Old windows" folder, which apparently can only be done from windows if you have god or "trusted user" status, whatever the hell that is....
  9. Boot error after clean install to SSD, old HDD still attached

Boot error after clean install to SSD, old HDD still attached: Hi guys, i yesterday encountere a small problem. Inserted my new SSD to a SATA3 port and, next to my HDD 1TB, and went for a clean install right away. The system installed without problems (wiht the old HDD still attached), then i booted up the system (was a bit weird,...
  10. HDD has six partitions after clean install

HDD has six partitions after clean install: After a clean install of the 10240 build I ended up w/six partitions on my HDD. It appears 3 and 5 are just taking up space. I deleted all the partitions as part of the install, but did not format the drive. Initially the clean install would not activate but a reset cured...