Windows 10: After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space

Discus and support After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, After the last Windows 10 update, I sudden lost almost 10 gigs of SSD hd space. Getting the message. I've tried uninstalling what bloatware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mickylee, Jun 14, 2018.

1. mickylee Win User

After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space

Hi there,

After the last Windows 10 update, I sudden lost almost 10 gigs of SSD hd space. Getting the message. I've tried uninstalling what bloatware I could find and cleaning the cache/recycling/temp files, etc. I don't know where this extra weight is coming from. Has anyone else had this issue?

:)

mickylee, Jun 14, 2018
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 15, 2018
  4. DoGoodMen Win User

Lost external USB monitor after W10 update of 10-01-2016...need help.

Pancho,

9 minutes ago

Last edited: 1 minute ago

Edit

Best Answer

+ Quote

Go to First Unread

After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space [​IMG]

Similar Threads - Lost external monitor

DoGoodMen, Jun 15, 2018
Thema:

1. After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space - Similar Threads - latest W10 update

2. Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Always Suddenly Lost Connection on Internet or VPN After Latest Windows Update.: Hi, Microsoft. As stated in the title, my computer always faces the lost connection on the internet or VPN every SINGLE 15 minutes after I open my computer, and this happens after I finished the latest window update. I have searched for a couple of ways to solve this...
  3. after W10 new install hotmail emails lost in space?

in Browsers and Email
    after W10 new install hotmail emails lost in space?: Automatic Updates caused PC to go crazy, so I downloaded a fresh copy of W10 Pro version 2004. (I just checked version and it still says 1903, but when I was updating it after reloading W10 Pro, it said version 2004, but that is not the only thing driving me nuts about this...
  4. after W10 new install hotmail emails lost in space?

in Windows 10 Support
    after W10 new install hotmail emails lost in space?: Automatic Updates caused PC to go crazy, so I downloaded a fresh copy of W10 Pro version 2004. (I just checked version and it still says 1903, but when I was updating it after reloading W10 Pro, it said version 2004, but that is not the only thing driving me nuts about this...
  5. Latest Update W10 Storage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Update W10 Storage: For days now, I've been trying to purge 1.67 GB of Windows Update Cleanup files that keep showing up in my Temporay Files when I go to remove them. The system acts like it's going to purge them, but goes back to the Remove Files box and the 1.67 GB are still there. Is there...
  6. Speakers lost after latest update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speakers lost after latest update.: Windows 10 1909 1836.657 I loaded the update to Win 10 from Microsoft in January 2020. All went well except my external speakers are gone. The speaker icon at the bottom of the home page indicates "No AUDIO Output Device is Installed". All connections are checked several...
  7. Speakers lost after latest update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Speakers lost after latest update.: Windows 10 1909 1836.657 I loaded the update to Win 10 from Microsoft in January 2020. All went well except my external speakers are gone. The speaker icon at the bottom of the home page indicates "No AUDIO Output Device is Installed". All connections are checked several...
  8. Lost files after latest Microsoft Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files after latest Microsoft Update: I have lost all my pictures and documents after Microsoft's lates update. This is the secount time this has happend, I was able to get a friend to restore, but hate asking AGAIN!! Why does this keep happening and how do I retrieve all my missing documents, files, photos,...
  9. sudden loss of HD space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sudden loss of HD space: I had almost 300 g of 500 g free and suddenly it went to under 100 g. I did a system restore from before the memory loss and it is still there. can I find these 'files' and delete them or what is the problem? 28473
  10. slow boot after latest W10 updates

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after latest W10 updates: This morning after windows installed these updates my startup time increased significantly. I've had fast startup enabled. It stays on the welcome screen for at least 10 seconds 15598

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem with w10 after last update

2. lost disk access after reboot w10

3. lost hd space after recycling

4. w10 lost flash audio