Windows 10: After latest Windows upgrade(?) Simple script for network sharing?

Discus and support After latest Windows upgrade(?) Simple script for network sharing? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time i think I have it right, Microsoft "moves the cheese". Is there any current one-run script or registry update that can do all the following:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by questorfla, Jul 17, 2018.

1. After latest Windows upgrade(?) Simple script for network sharing?

Every time i think I have it right, Microsoft "moves the cheese". Is there any current one-run script or registry update that can do all the following: Turn on Network discovery and make the network I am connected to Private at the same time

Without having to go through several steps to get there. On systems that were already on the network, they seemed to stay set properly but every new one we added it seems i had to go through this in at least 3 places to get sharing to work right.

I know you always have the latest QuickSteps and thought you might already have a powershell or registry fix for this. I saw the new tutorial that goes through all the steps but is there no way to automate this any longer? The systems with the issue are all new Dell laptops. Maybe its a Dell thing(?) as I also discovered that i now had to run McAfee MCPR to get rid of all the hidden McAfee pre-installs so that is a possibility.

:)

questorfla, Jul 17, 2018

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Jul 17, 2018
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile After latest Windows upgrade(?) Simple script for network sharing? :)

FLY3R, Jul 17, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

After latest Windows upgrade(?) Simple script for network sharing?

Need Help With Simple AutoHotKey Script

Hi all, I'm trying to make a "simple" script but having some problems. I say "simple" because I've never done this before, but it's probably simple for someone more familiar. Basically, I want to make it where when I hold the right mouse button down, instead of right clicking it continuously Shift+Right Clicks (This is for a game).

I came up with this:

RButton::Send +{Click, Right}

Which basically does what I want only I can't hold down the mouse button to continuously repeat the script. I'm not looking for anything automated, and would like to have it only do this while I hold the mouse button down, and stop when I let go.

A friend of mine came up with this for me, which is almost perfect but for some reason in the game it causes the character to stutter step in between casts of the spell (Path of Exile). The character will cast the spell, stutter step forward, then cast again. The normal behavior in the game of holding Shift and casting a spell will keep you in place and not moving, which is what I'm looking for. He came up with this:

#IfWinActive Path of Exile
    RButton::
    loop
    {
    GetKeyState, RButtonState, RButton, P
    if (RButtonState = "U") {
    send +{RButton up}
    break
    } else {
    send +{RButton down}
    sleep, 10
    }
    }
    #IfWinActive

Is anyone here familiar with creating scripts/macros that can possibly tweak this to make it behave like I'd like it to? He suggested removing the sleep line, which I tried and it didn't change the behavior.

Edit: Issue resolved, the following worked great:

#IfWinActive Path of Exile
    *rbutton::Send {shift Down}{rbutton down}
    *rbutton Up::Send {shift Up}{rbutton up}

CK011885, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

After latest Windows upgrade(?) Simple script for network sharing?

1. After latest Windows upgrade(?) Simple script for network sharing? - Similar Threads - latest upgrade Simple

2. Screenshots after latest upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots after latest upgrade: After the latest upgrade, the screenshots folder has been emptied out. I cannot find the contents. Where did it all go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screenshots-after-latest-upgrade/96cce313-051b-4b62-8a3a-6ae1598cd21c
  3. Unable to access network shares after upgrading to 2004

Unable to access network shares after upgrading to 2004: Shares were accessible before the upgrade but now seeing this error... "You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block unauthenticated access" And it is a setting I have enabled... [ATTACH]...
  4. Unable to access network shares after upgrading to Build 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access network shares after upgrading to Build 1909: Hi, I am having issues ever since upgrading my Windows 10 Enterprise build from 1803 to 1909. I cannot connect to any network shares. This is happening with any machine that I have upgraded so far. When reverting back to 1803 I can access all those network shares again....
  5. SIMPLE OFFICE NETWORKING

SIMPLE OFFICE NETWORKING: Simple Office - Three Computers - No Domain Computer A sees Computer B & C and can access. Computer B & C can see A but No Access Granted. Computer B & C can ping A - No Data Loss Folks I've been trying for two days. Rest assured; Discovery is on, ipconfig/flushdns,...
  6. Is there a simple script to reset the wi-fi adapter

Is there a simple script to reset the wi-fi adapter: As Windows 10 evolves, and my hardware gets older, I am finding that wi-fi connections on both laptops (HP/Compaq PresarioCQ57, and Dell latitude E6400) are dropping more frequently. I guess that the Microsoft Windows 10 driver updates are less compatible with the old...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade using shared network key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade using shared network key: I m have activated my windows 7 on laptop using same shared key used for my business computers. If I will upgrade my laptop to windows 10, will it affect other computers which are using same key. Please provide response asap. Thanks 29819
  8. After Win 10 Creative Upgrade, Firewall Blocks Network Sharing

After Win 10 Creative Upgrade, Firewall Blocks Network Sharing: I am running Win 10 Pro v1703 (bld 15063.332). We have 2 PCs on our home network and after the Creative upgrade, sharing between PCs broke. After all the usual attempts to fix it since I can ping both system from each (such as DNS issues, networking issues, permissions...
  9. Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade.

Homegroup and Network Sharing problem after motherboard upgrade.: Hi guys, I replaced my motherboard a couple of days ago and didn't go the route of doing a fresh install as is always suggested but everything is working fine except the Homegroup and Network sharing. Beforehand everything was sharing OK but now PC 1 can only see the...
  10. Pin Number latest update finds network shares

Pin Number latest update finds network shares: At Last!*Smile Tried signing in with a pin number today following a bunch of updates. Found my NAS server and other network shares. It may have happened with an earlier update but I kept signing in with full MS account as I needed to see shares 8868