After login, Windows 10 goes into new mode & says "Just a Moment..."

Discus and support After login, Windows 10 goes into new mode & says "Just a Moment..." in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; My Windows 10 laptop was having problems after login. I did system restore and it's working fine now. But I was curious to know what the heck my PC was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bobkemp2123, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Bobkemp2123 Win User

My Windows 10 laptop was having problems after login. I did system restore and it's working fine now.
    But I was curious to know what the heck my PC was doing.

After logging into Windows successfully, the desktop displayed and then immediately this screen popped up:

[​IMG]

This screen with black border and 5 icons at bottom is something that I haven't seen before. What is this? This screen eventually errored out with "Try Again" message.
    Thanks.
    Bob

:)

Bobkemp2123, Jun 9, 2018
  2. Makemeweak Win User

Windows 10 Activation Stuck on "Just a Moment"

I've seen other posts about hanging on installs, but I am not trying an install. Just got a new Lenovo X1 Carbon with Win 10 installed. Powered up and went through a few activation steps. Chose the Express installation. Now I am stuck with a screen that
    says "Just a Moment" with spinning circles. Tried to reboot, but it goes back to the same screen after booting every time. Any suggestions?

Makemeweak, Jun 9, 2018
  3. Sachin Venkatesh Win User
    Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

After login, Windows 10 goes into new mode & says "Just a Moment..."

After login, Windows 10 goes into new mode & says "Just a Moment..." - Similar Threads - login goes mode

1. Login prpblems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Login prpblems.: I am having to use my laptop to try and solve my wife’s login problems, we both normally login without passwords, that’s how we both prefer it. Lately however when she logged in she sometimes had to put in a password and sometimes not. This may be due to the surprising...
  2. Black login screen + fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black login screen + fast startup: After starting up my pc the first thing that I see is the image and date, so after pressing enter i should get the login screen but in my case i get a black screen and after 2-3 seconds back at the first screen. Pressing enter again get me the same resoults few times,...
  3. Quick Assist asking for login

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Assist asking for login: After running Quick Assist then click Give Assistance . A page opens to Sign in to your account and asks me to long in with my username. I'm already logged in to my computer. Then it goes to Microsoft Quick Assist and a blank page. I kept the urls short. I've used Quick...
  4. What is saving login details?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is saving login details?: For years I have clicked to 'save login details' or 'remember password' in numerous websites, including this one. What use is this? I expected it to help with logging in, especially as I am often not able to remember the details. But no, I have never found it to have any...
  5. What use is saving login details?

in Windows 10 Support
    What use is saving login details?: For years I have clicked to 'save login details' or 'remember password' in numerous websites, including this one. What use is this? I expected it to help with logging in, especially as I am often not able to remember the details. But no, I have never found it to have any...
  6. No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode.: Am helping a friend set her PC back up after it has been stored (everything unplugged) for about 9 months. When we first went to turn it on the fans kicked in and it would appear to start booting up but then turn itself off again after about 10 or so seconds of activity. It...
  7. screen goes black on login

in Windows 10 Support
    screen goes black on login: When I turn on my computer it logs into one of my two users, but when it does the screen goes black and nothing happens. It has been like this for 2-3 days now and I don't know what to do. Sorry for my bad english. 69803
After login, Windows 10 goes into new mode & says "Just a Moment..." solved