Windows 10: After new update, search don't work (system restore, update)

Discus and support After new update, search don't work (system restore, update) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just completed the big spring update (didn't have any choice really) and now a whole bunch of stuff has changed with the new additions. One thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Jun 26, 2018.

1. rivre Win User

After new update, search don't work (system restore, update)

So I just completed the big spring update (didn't have any choice really) and now a whole bunch of stuff has changed with the new additions. One thing right away that's annoying me is when I type in the search box next to the start button, Windows can no longer seem to find apps to run. If I type system restore, it used to list it so I could launch it. Same for Windows update, etc.

Now, it just does a web search which I don't even want it to do. If I type "system restore", it lists out a bunch of online search terms. If I click the left icon for "Find results in apps", it lists only 1 result - "search for apps in the Microsoft store" and if I click that, it runs an online search in the app store.

Huh? What happened? Now it can't even find things on my PC. What happened? I did go through my privacy settings after the update to disable some stuff. Is there anything in there that could have done this? I don't see why it should.

And how do I disable web search and app store search in the search box? I want it to search my PC only, not the web.

:)

rivre, Jun 26, 2018
  2. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Jun 26, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 26, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 26, 2018
Thema:

1. After new update, search don't work (system restore, update) - Similar Threads - update search don't

2. Using System Restore After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using System Restore After Windows Update: I saw in google don't install latest windows update if using system restore. So, don't revert windows update after new windows update finish updating right? I scared it will cause stop error and never goes to windows dekstop....
  3. Search not working after each new security update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search not working after each new security update: I've been having a problem with Windows 10 each time I update windows from the KB5003173 update. After updating, I lost the search function on Windows. Everywhere. On the taskbar, where I'm using this feature the most, for running apps only by clicking the "Windows" logo, and...
  4. Installed update lost after system restore

Installed update lost after system restore: I installed a cumulative windows 10 update KB5001391 and after 2 days i restored my system to a previous restore point and now the installed update is gone. However the same update is available for downloading in windows update tab in settings but when i try to install the...
  5. System Restore after update

System Restore after update: I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen. Has anyone had this happen? I read where a lot of folks had trouble obtaining their recovery key, but in my case I am fortunate to have registered it already....
  6. Search is not working after I don't know which update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search is not working after I don't know which update: As the title says, tapping on the search bar next to the start menu does nothing, i tried restarting and everything, still is not working submitted by /u/SnoopDoge93 [link] [comments]...
  7. About New search system on 1909 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    About New search system on 1909 Update: Hi there... After update from 1903 to 1909 the live search Instant search advantages were gone... I mean previous version 1903 when i type texts on search bar it instantly searching for items, but in new 1909 update i need to input whole word and press Enter button or click...
  8. System Restore Turned off after updates

System Restore Turned off after updates: I know many have complained that after any major update, Windows turns off System restore and deletes all restore points. Though I can understand why this might be important when a system has been updated I cannot understand why it doesn't automatically create a new restore...
  9. System Restore not working after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 News
    System Restore not working after Windows 10 Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]System Restore is one of the best ways to revert to the last stable state in Windows 10. However, sometimes it fails, and one of the conditions, when it does not work, is after a Windows 10 Update. If you [...] This post System Restore not working after...
  10. Programs don't work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs don't work after update: Firealpaca and other art programs don't work after windows update. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-dont-work-after-update/78474ce8-7726-485a-9b83-8bb3d98a72d0