Windows 10: After Partition was updated having problems with Booting

Discus and support After Partition was updated having problems with Booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Let me start by saying I am not sure that this is the correct Forum to post this problem in. Some background: I upgraded my Windows 7 Laptop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nolly1959, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Nolly1959 Win User

After Partition was updated having problems with Booting

Let me start by saying I am not sure that this is the correct Forum to post this problem in.

Some background: I upgraded my Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 10 back in August 2015. Other than some minor issues/annoyances, it has worked reasonably well. Earlier this year I created another Partition and installed to Windows 7 which was then upgraded to Windows 10. More reecently I created a third Partition and formatted it (NTFS). Nothing was installed in that third Partition.

A few days ago, I booted into the second Partition and allowwed it to install various updates including the latest Windows 10. I let the updates complete unattended. Booted back intop the second Partition to let the updates complete. I then shutdown and powered back up to Boot from my first Partition. There was no choice of what Partition to Boot from, it simply booted into the second Partition.

This is what I have done so far.

I have deleted the third Partition (now unallocated).

Having noticed that my first Partition had a boot path of *:/ I have renamed the drives so I now have a C Drive and a D Drive (first and second Pertitions respectively).

I have (some how) managed to get back to seeing an option of what Partition to Boot from. From the first Partition I can see from using BCDedit that thre is something awry with the Partition. First, there is only one entry shown and ther is something in there that references the D Drive (second Partition). Note that I have not used BCDedit to edit anything.

I would appreciate some help with resolving this problem. Thenk you.

Norman

:)

Nolly1959, Oct 20, 2016

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 - Error 0x800703ed

In my case, I have a boot manager partition that is the Active / Startable partition. The BIOS boots the boot manager. From the boot manager, I pick Windows. That setup prevents some Microsoft updates from working. The workaround is to make the Windows
    partition (most likely, CAfter Partition was updated having problems with Booting :), be the Active / Startable partition. Then the updates are applied with no problems. Once the updates are applied, I made the boot manager the Active / Startable partition and everything is OK.

FredTydeman, Oct 20, 2016
  3. rhtovo Win User
    Messy GRUB after upgrading to windows 10

Thanks for your reply. Apart from the partition reserved for ubuntu, I have two other partitions related to windows now. The first partition is a partition which contains the operating system windows 10. Inside that partition I have a boot folder which is
    not working. If I boot from that partition I get a message problem about signature. (Note that I could boot using that partition when I was on windows 7). This is where the problem is.

The second partition is a very simple partition which contains only boot folder for the same windows 7. I can use this one to boot the windows 10 system located in the previous partition. (I could also use this when I was on windows 7).

So what I don't understand is why the upgrade to windows 10 updated the boot folder from a separate partition but did not update the boot folder from the same partition as the operating system.

rhtovo, Oct 20, 2016
Thema:

After Partition was updated having problems with Booting

1. After Partition was updated having problems with Booting - Similar Threads - Partition was updated

2. Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition: I'd like to install Arch Linux on my own laptop, then I make the partition from my SSD which contain System WIndows files and shrink it using GParted. Actually, the first I want tomake the partition directly from WIndows using default partition manager from windows but I...
  3. Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Boot Problem after Shrinking System C: Partition: I'd like to install Arch Linux on my own laptop, then I make the partition from my SSD which contain System WIndows files and shrink it using GParted. Actually, the first I want tomake the partition directly from WIndows using default partition manager from windows but I...
  4. hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot: This happened after installing the Ubuntu dual boot. Since both OSs Windows and Ubuntu worked fine I did not do anything to fix it, but today the S drive, which was the same drive that Ubuntu was installed on, was removed. Is there any other way to fix it except for...
  5. hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard disk partition problem after installing Ubuntu dual boot: This happened after installing the Ubuntu dual boot. Since both OSs Windows and Ubuntu worked fine I did not do anything to fix it, but today the S drive, which was the same drive that Ubuntu was installed on, was removed. Is there any other way to fix it except for...
  6. Linux booting problem after creating another partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linux booting problem after creating another partition: I installed Windows 10 and after that I am unable to log-in to PeachOSI Linux. I had two partitions on a 350 GB HDD - 75 GB on which there is PeachOSI Linux and plenty of apps and rest space as Data partition. However I created another 75 GB partition to install Windows 10...
  7. Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Setting Recovery Partition after Moving Partitions: I just used Partition Magic to reconfigure my partitions as shown below: [img] The 925GB recovery partition is no longer recognised - see the reagentc reconfiguration command below: C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /setreimage /path...
  8. No Boot and BSOD After Partition Extended

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Boot and BSOD After Partition Extended: I just recently upgraded from an earlier build of Windows 10 to the latest build 11099. That went okay. But the problem was when I decided to extend the system partition (as it had only 3GB free left), after rebooting to extend the partition with MiniTool Partition Wizard (it...
  9. Problem with booting after partition management

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with booting after partition management: Basically what I was doing is simply creating another partition for my hard drive, using Disk Management. The next thing I know: the program crashes completely, I just kill it with task manager. Then I restart a few hours later, and this is what I see: [img] I tried...
  10. Creators Update Partition Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators Update Partition Problem: I made a thread a couple of months ago commenting on the fact that, when I had to reinstall windows 10, I messed up the installation by putting everything onto one main partition, leaving the other 2 partitions unallocated. I decided not to do anything about it and leave it...