Windows 10: After playing certain games, the computer is laggy.

Discus and support After playing certain games, the computer is laggy. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, After playing certain games, Kerbal Space Program and Transport Fever specifically, my laptop computer is very laggy and slow to respond. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Hoggorm, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Hoggorm Win User

After playing certain games, the computer is laggy.

Hi,

After playing certain games, Kerbal Space Program and Transport Fever specifically, my laptop computer is very laggy and slow to respond. The problem only occurs after I exit the game. Opening File Explorer is rather quick but nothing is displayed. Pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete I can choose to open the task manager, but only the frame appears. The CPU is not at high load neither during gameplay nor when the problem occurs. The only commonality between the two games as far as I know is that both is run via Steam.

Neither game is very demanding on my system, and other, more hardware dependent games (also run via Steam) and simulators do not produce this error.

Is there a way to fix this?

:)

Hoggorm, Aug 3, 2017

2. mouse is so laggy suddenly

after restarting my computer or every turned on my computer my mouse becomes so laggy. the worst thing is, the mouse is also laggy when I playing some games

RafiIndrajati, Aug 3, 2017
  3. OllieNV Win User
    Windows 10 gets 'laggy' and need a restart

Hi Guys

When playing games windows 10 gets 'laggy', almost like a frame rate drop and then needs a restart.

I initially thought it was the game I was playing, but after Alt-F4-ing out of the game, Windows 10 desktop was still really laggy and needed a restart.

Anybody experiencing anything like this and now of any fixes?

OllieNV, Aug 3, 2017
  4. After playing certain games, the computer is laggy.

Probably pagefile is filled up or it has hard time releasing RAM.
    Try to install CleanMem Free and run it after exiting the game.

TairikuOkami, Aug 6, 2017
  5. Hoggorm Win User
    Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately running CleanMem did not solve the problem.

The only solution I've found is to either restart the computer or log off/on my user.

Hoggorm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

After playing certain games, the computer is laggy.

1. After playing certain games, the computer is laggy. - Similar Threads - playing certain games

2. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing certain games my computer will at, seemingly random, times bluescreen with the message Machine Check Exception; and I say random because the time in between crashes have varied from a few minutes to 70+ hours of in-game time. I have tried various possible fixes...
  3. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing certain games my computer will at, seemingly random, times bluescreen with the message Machine Check Exception; and I say random because the time in between crashes have varied from a few minutes to 70+ hours of in-game time. I have tried various possible fixes...
  4. Computer BSOD when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSOD when playing certain games: When playing games sometimes, such as Fortnite, Valorant, Cyberpunk 2077, or Apex Legends, my PC will often bluescreen upon opening the game or going into a lobby. I am unsure the cause of this and cannot figure it out, but made a post about it before that did not get a reply...
  5. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.: For a couple of weeks now, I've been getting BSoDs while playing some games and I can't seem to figure it out on my own. I have tried a couple of things to try and fix the issue but with no success, the reason for crashing has changed though, so either I fixed one issue, or...
  6. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.: For a couple of weeks now, I've been getting BSoDs while playing some games and I can't seem to figure it out on my own. I have tried a couple of things to try and fix the issue but with no success, the reason for crashing has changed though, so either I fixed one issue, or...
  7. Computer BSoDs while playing certain games.

8. Game/Website being laggy after a certain period

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game/Website being laggy after a certain period: After a certain period of time and a very short time my game whatever I am playing will lag and when I go but on my website whatever I was doing if I were to swap tabs it would be delayed I have already tried fully resetting my computer and switching my internet...
  9. Game/Website being laggy after a certain period

Game/Website being laggy after a certain period: After a certain period of time and a very short time my game whatever I am playing will lag and when I go but on my website whatever I was doing if I were to swap tabs it would be delayed I have already tried fully resetting my computer and switching my internet...
  10. Computer crashes when playing certain games

Computer crashes when playing certain games: My computer crashes when playing For Honor, Warhammer Vermintide 2, and attempting to start New World. I've reset my windows and done several other troubleshooting methods on this website. I've tried contacting support, but Microsoft doesn't have online chats and the phone...