Windows 10: After recent update, slight freeze when rebooting/loading sys tray

Discus and support After recent update, slight freeze when rebooting/loading sys tray in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all - After the most recent update, whenever I reboot and ONLY when I reboot I get a very small freeze right before the system tray starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RKVersion1, Jul 20, 2016.

1. After recent update, slight freeze when rebooting/loading sys tray

Hello all -

After the most recent update, whenever I reboot and ONLY when I reboot I get a very small freeze right before the system tray starts bringing up loaded programs. Everything else runs fine, no other issues to speak of.

I am almost certain it was caused by the update (either KB3172985 or KB3173428), as I did a restore before the critical update and no issues.

Could this be a driver issue/incompatibility?

Thanks a bunch.

:)

RKVersion1, Jul 20, 2016

2. KB3172985 July Update Issue when rebooting/Strange Issue

Hello all -

After the most recent July update, whenever I reboot and ONLY when I reboot the OS (specifically the cursor) will freeze for a moment if I try to scroll before the system tray starts loading programs/applications. If I wait until the hidden Icon (up arrow) button
    loads in next to the system tray, it does not happen. Likewise, if I boot up and just wait for it to load, there are no issues. Very weird issue.

I am almost certain it was caused by the update (either KB3172985 or KB3173428), as I did a restore before the critical update and no issues.

I have tested the OS waking from sleep mode and the issue does not occur.

Could this be a
    driver
    issue/software incompatibility conflicting with the update? I'd rather not start uninstalling windows updates for fear of it causing more issues.

Thanks a bunch

rkversionone, Jul 20, 2016
  3. Recent fall creator update changed sys tray network icon to network and internet settings, anyway I can change it back to the way it was for several years???

Hi Joe,

The new shortcut for the Network icon from the System Tray that leads to the Network & Internet settings is a new design on Windows 10 version 1709.

If you would like, you may consider sending your thoughts about this to the
    Feedback Hub
    . You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help us in determining the cause and to be able to address it.
    Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please re-visit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

You can follow these steps in submitting a new feedback:

• Search for Feedback Hub in the Cortana search field, then click the app.
    • Click Feedback found at the upper-left part of the window, then press
      + Add new feedback.
    • Tick Problem, share any details you think are relevant, then choose an appropriate
      category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Click Submit once you've completed the form and monitoring.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you have submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you have submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like URL Manager<unique link>).
    Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

After recent update, slight freeze when rebooting/loading sys tray

1. After recent update, slight freeze when rebooting/loading sys tray - Similar Threads - recent update slight

2. Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad / pointer is freezing over after recent Windows10 updates: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows10 installed (factory). The latest update has caused my touchpad and pointer (on screen) to freeze and the laptop is hardly usable. The touchpad does work if I restart the computer, but after a few minutes it begins to freeze again. The...
  3. Update freeze soon after reboot to apply update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update freeze soon after reboot to apply update: I have had this issue for a few months and want to try update to 1809, since I am currently on 1803. It prepares the install on the OS fine, but once it reboots to start actually updating it just freezes and stays stuck on that screen infinitely. Everytime I get error...
  4. Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates: I am getting all sorts of freezes requiring restore of system to previous versions but, after some time, the system starts freezing again. I have tried all the "tips" which do not work - increasing page file, sfc/scannow, etc. to no avail. today morning I got following errors...
  5. Windows Insider Update freezes on "Working on Updates" after reboot

Windows Insider Update freezes on "Working on Updates" after reboot: Hey there, I'm not sure if there's an extra section for Insider stuff, so I'll post it here. Anyway, my problem is that for the past week I've been trying to get the 19H1 Insider Fast Ring update to work, but when my PC reboots to install the update and gets to the "Working...
  6. Full pc freeze when playing overwatch. Error with Wdf01000.sys ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full pc freeze when playing overwatch. Error with Wdf01000.sys ?: Hi All, This is actually the first time that i have a pc issue that i am not able to resolve. I'm a dedicated Overwatch competitive player and i am having random crashes while playing the game. my system: - Windows 10 64bit - I7 6700k - 16 Gig memory - GTX 1070 - 2x 250g...
  7. Wdf01000.sys BSOD Unable to Reboot

Wdf01000.sys BSOD Unable to Reboot: Good afternoon, Let me start by saying that I'm not a huge techie. There are a lot of things I know about computers, but much more that I don't know. I'm hoping you all can help me save my desktop computer without having to lose years of files I can't replace. I updated...
  8. BSOD - irq_not_less_or_equal - chdrvr01.sys after update reboot

BSOD - irq_not_less_or_equal - chdrvr01.sys after update reboot: Hello Gang, I thought I'd post here to see if we can see what's up. Files attached. This is my main system, after the last two update cycles, when rebooting I'll get the title BSOD and it will loop. I have a CH Products Fighterstick, prop throttle and Pro Pedals....
  9. Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong area. I will describe the issue I'm having as best as I can with the limited information I have. So with what seemed to coincide with the Windows 10 Creators Update (though not 100% sure),...
  10. Freezes after windows 10 loads

Freezes after windows 10 loads: Built a new computer and it all worked fine. Moved it to another area and now it freezes after Win 10 loads. Ran a compatibility report and all are to work together. Tried to reinstall Win10 and it can't even do that. 70055