Windows 10: After recent update, slight freeze when rebooting/loading sys tray

Discus and support After recent update, slight freeze when rebooting/loading sys tray in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all - After the most recent update, whenever I reboot and ONLY when I reboot I get a very small freeze right before the system tray starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RKVersion1, Jul 20, 2016.

1. After recent update, slight freeze when rebooting/loading sys tray

Hello all -

After the most recent update, whenever I reboot and ONLY when I reboot I get a very small freeze right before the system tray starts bringing up loaded programs. Everything else runs fine, no other issues to speak of.

I am almost certain it was caused by the update (either KB3172985 or KB3173428), as I did a restore before the critical update and no issues.

Could this be a driver issue/incompatibility?

Thanks a bunch.

:)

RKVersion1, Jul 20, 2016

2. KB3172985 July Update Issue when rebooting/Strange Issue

Hello all -

After the most recent July update, whenever I reboot and ONLY when I reboot the OS (specifically the cursor) will freeze for a moment if I try to scroll before the system tray starts loading programs/applications. If I wait until the hidden Icon (up arrow) button
    loads in next to the system tray, it does not happen. Likewise, if I boot up and just wait for it to load, there are no issues. Very weird issue.

I am almost certain it was caused by the update (either KB3172985 or KB3173428), as I did a restore before the critical update and no issues.

I have tested the OS waking from sleep mode and the issue does not occur.

Could this be a
    driver
    issue/software incompatibility conflicting with the update? I'd rather not start uninstalling windows updates for fear of it causing more issues.

Thanks a bunch

rkversionone, Jul 20, 2016
  3. Recent fall creator update changed sys tray network icon to network and internet settings, anyway I can change it back to the way it was for several years???

Hi Joe,

The new shortcut for the Network icon from the System Tray that leads to the Network & Internet settings is a new design on Windows 10 version 1709.

If you would like, you may consider sending your thoughts about this to the
    Feedback Hub
    . You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help us in determining the cause and to be able to address it.
    Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please re-visit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

You can follow these steps in submitting a new feedback:

• Search for Feedback Hub in the Cortana search field, then click the app.
    • Click Feedback found at the upper-left part of the window, then press
      + Add new feedback.
    • Tick Problem, share any details you think are relevant, then choose an appropriate
      category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking
      Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form;
      Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Click Submit once you've completed the form and monitoring.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you have submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you have submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like URL Manager<unique link>).
    Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

After recent update, slight freeze when rebooting/loading sys tray

1. After recent update, slight freeze when rebooting/loading sys tray - Similar Threads - recent update slight

2. The date and time in the sys tray is not updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The date and time in the sys tray is not updating.: I have confirmed settings and clicked Sync Now several times. In the sync screen it shows last sync at the correct time form my TZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-date-and-time-in-the-sys-tray-is-not-updating/e714cd05-b369-4afc-b82a-f20648d01376
  3. The date and time in the sys tray is not updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The date and time in the sys tray is not updating.: I have confirmed settings and clicked Sync Now several times. In the sync screen it shows last sync at the correct time form my TZ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-date-and-time-in-the-sys-tray-is-not-updating/e714cd05-b369-4afc-b82a-f20648d01376
  4. Recent reboots after "bugcheck"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent reboots after "bugcheck": The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffe004904b1460, 0xfffff8037bf31b20, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 0792cb40-10eb-4ee3-80a6-a19c342d44de.hello,I found this...
  5. Recent reboots after "bugcheck"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent reboots after "bugcheck": The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffe004904b1460, 0xfffff8037bf31b20, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 0792cb40-10eb-4ee3-80a6-a19c342d44de.hello,I found this...
  6. Recent reboots after "bugcheck"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Pc freezing after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc freezing after recent update: Hi guys, I recently updated to the most recent version of Windows 10 and it caused my pc to freeze every 1-2 seconds. Which also caused my mouse to freeze up as well. I tried updating my gpu driver to the latest version, and I also deleted my mouse driver and reinstalled...
  8. File explorer freezes after recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer freezes after recent update: File Explorer in Windows 10 is opening so slowly that it could be called a freeze. The folder opens fairly normally the first time, but when I try to open a subfolder it hangs. The progress bar at the top of the page may eventually reach the end and still not show the folder...
  9. Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Freezing After 1st Reboot: I've been having a really annoying problem recently. I am currently running Windows 10 Version 1809 which I installed back in February of 2019, one year ago. Since then, I have not been able to update Windows at all. Whenever I install an update, it'll restart at 30% like it...
  10. BSOD - irq_not_less_or_equal - chdrvr01.sys after update reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - irq_not_less_or_equal - chdrvr01.sys after update reboot: Hello Gang, I thought I'd post here to see if we can see what's up. Files attached. This is my main system, after the last two update cycles, when rebooting I'll get the title BSOD and it will loop. I have a CH Products Fighterstick, prop throttle and Pro Pedals....