Windows 10: After resetting Windows, an additional user account is added.

Discus and support After resetting Windows, an additional user account is added. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Please help me. It started when I updated my graphics driver (AMD Radeon R6). Well it is not installed well, it turns into black screen with... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jhenzk26, Oct 9, 2016.

1. jhenzk26 Win User

After resetting Windows, an additional user account is added.

Hi,

Please help me.
    It started when I updated my graphics driver (AMD Radeon R6). Well it is not installed well, it turns into black screen with cursor. I repair my laptop using the windows repair. The one that pops-up when I turn off and on forcefully 3 times.

At first, I tried system restore, it says not completed. And then I do it again using reset but with files remain. So after resetting my PC I notice there is an additional user account named Administrator. When I open that account, I cannot do anything on it. Like Anything. Every time I open something like Microsoft Edge it says, "Microsoft Edge can't be open with the built-in administrator account. Please use another user account".

I want to remove that account, or else just hide. But I cannot and I don't know.
    Please help, thanks!
    Very much appreciated.

Regards,
    Mark

:)

jhenzk26, Oct 9, 2016

2. after resetting windows 10 an additional log in screen has been created

i had reset my windows 10 recently. everything went on smoothly except one thing. an additional windows log in screen has been created post resetting along with my previous account. the new account is named as "administrator" and is asking for a password
    which is completely unknown to me. after several attempts i couldn't find a match. but after waiting for few minutes it allows me to switch to my old account and i could sign in there after.

there is one more thing,before resetting, a cmd error was showing up after booting the device and is still the same. seek your help with that

here are the screen shots of the same.

After resetting Windows, an additional user account is added. [​IMG]

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop]

soumyajitsaha, Oct 9, 2016
  3. after resetting windows 10 an additional log in screen has been created

i have successfully logged in safe mode with but find no such options like local users and unable to delete the account henceforth. it appears like the following

soumyajitsaha, Oct 9, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

I'm not clear how you managed to enable the built-in Administrator account. Normally in Windows 10 the Administrator account should be disabled by default. You cannot remove it because it is a necessary part of the system, but you can disable it again. Before you do that, make sure you can sign into your normal user account first though, or even create a second user account with administrator rights just to be sure.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Bree, Oct 9, 2016
  5. jhenzk26 Win User
    As I said bro, when I reset my laptop in added that account.
    By the way, Thank you very much.
    Your solution it works!

*Biggrin

jhenzk26, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After resetting Windows, an additional user account is added. - Similar Threads - resetting additional user

2. Adding an additional face on Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding an additional face on Windows Hello: Hi,I am asking this because it'll make my life a bit easier when I'm not at home. I tend to work at my university's library sometimes, and currently we are supposed to keep our masks on while inside. However, Windows Hello couldn't recognise me when I have a mask on, so I...
  3. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  4. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add a Windows account to device A from device B?...
  5. Adding windows user accounts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding windows user accounts: Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to add a user account to another device? so for example is it possible to add an account to device A from device B? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-windows-user-accounts/228cb889-494c-4828-981e-fb1fce5796f2
  6. Adding additional email account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding additional email account to Windows 10 Mail: I cannot get Mail to enable additional email accounts. I have one account that runs perfectly. I want to add a further account using the same ISP. The second account is installed using the same server settings as the first with different email address and password but it will...
  7. Adding additional keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding additional keyboard: Trying to add a Russian keyboard to my PC. Have done the bog standard basics but the PC asks me to input a PIN and I don't have a PIN. Googled this and advice was to try 0000 or 1234. No luck. It is saying it does not recognise the device. Any ideas? Thanks...
  8. Adding additional drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding additional drive: Hi everyone, I just got a new Windows 10 laptop, can I use the old HDD from my previous Windows 7 laptop as a secondary drive? My laptop already has the additional drive bay, but I'm worried if Windows won't recognise files on this hdd as there is windows 7 on it? Is it a...
  9. Adding Additional Devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding Additional Devices: I have 5 devices on my MS account. I wish to add 5 more. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-additional-devices/5f4d14c1-5c6b-4292-8c0d-c8efa62ef884
  10. Additional user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Additional user accounts: Hi, I have just bought a Surface Studio & have set up accounts for my wife & daughter. There is an account called eatipdyne that I know nothing about that keeps re-appearing. I have removed it but it just keeps coming back. Any explanations or help please? [IMG]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after resetting computer it requires to logged to other user account that i dont know