Windows 10: After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.

Discus and support After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have an issue that I have not encountered before. After the machine resumes from hibernation, it starts to hibernate again right at the log on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cixoos, May 6, 2017.

1. Cixoos Win User

After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.

Have an issue that I have not encountered before.

After the machine resumes from hibernation, it starts to hibernate again right at the log on screen.
    Then I have to wake it again and it seems ok.

Any ideas what setting can be the reason for this?

:)

Cixoos, May 6, 2017

2. Windows 10 hibernate resumption - time and/or date incorrect

Computer is placed into hibernate in the evening.

After a resume from hibernate the next morning the time and date are not correct.

Setting for time is on automatic.

Resetting the time button to off and then back to on corrects the time.date.

Virgil C W, May 6, 2017
  3. plmntfrd Win User
    Hibernation issue

I changed the setting of "PowerdownAfterShutdown" from 0 to 1, after reading a post that suggested it had become set to "0" following recent Automatic Updates.

After changing from "0" to "1", Hibernation worked for a few(3 or 4) days.

But yesterday, the problem occurred again.

Presently the setting is "1", and if I Hibernate, the system will enter Hibernation, but after a second or two, will start up.

plmntfrd, May 6, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Did you do anything recently (like upgrading to a new Insider Build) that might have triggered this new behavior?

5. Cixoos Win User
    I have insider slow, now on 15063.250. Pretty strange, it hibernates again right before log on so nothing I can do.

When i wake it it reports:
    The system has returned from a low power state.

Code: + System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter [ Guid] {CDC05E28-C449-49C6-B9D2-88CF761644DF} EventID 1 Version 2 Level 4 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2017-05-07T12:24:51.613353200Z EventRecordID 13517 - Correlation [ ActivityID] {7396AFA3-7A6C-44F8-B5D7-9C5129A2DE73} - Execution [ ProcessID] 4224 [ ThreadID] 2932 Channel System Computer NUC-SF - Security [ UserID] S-1-5-19 - EventData SleepTime 2017-05-07T10:44:32.812404300Z WakeTime 2017-05-07T12:24:49.619942700Z SleepDuration 28115 WakeDuration 1108 DriverInitDuration 853 BiosInitDuration 0 HiberWriteDuration 17753 HiberReadDuration 7631 HiberPagesWritten 736420 Attributes 33570833 TargetState 5 EffectiveState 5 WakeSourceType 0 WakeSourceTextLength 0 WakeSourceText WakeTimerOwnerLength 0 WakeTimerContextLength 0 NoMultiStageResumeReason 0 WakeTimerOwner WakeTimerContext[/quote] then next log is
    The system is entering sleep.
    Sleep Reason: Application API
    Code: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} EventID 42 Version 3 Level 4 Task 64 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8000000000000404 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2017-05-07T12:25:19.237650200Z EventRecordID 13518 Correlation - Execution [ ProcessID] 4 [ ThreadID] 20684 Channel System Computer NUC-SF Security - EventData TargetState 5 EffectiveState 5 Reason 4 Flags 0 TransitionsToOn 2 [/quote]

Cixoos, May 6, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
  7. Cixoos Win User
    have to check it, strange thing

Cixoos, May 6, 2017
  8. After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec.

This is a bug when u use the same buton to wake up the machine. Usually when u have put the power button in your case to hybernate and u wake up your machine with the same button.
    Please change the power buton to shutdown and hybarnate your machine from the windows startup menu.

boombastik, May 6, 2017
  9. Cixoos Win User
    Thanks,i have the button set to hibernate. will try to change it and see if it works.

Did not know about that bug.

Cixoos, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. After resuming from hibernation, it hibernates again after a few sec. - Similar Threads - resuming hibernation hibernates

2. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation: My PC is running on a a fresh clean installation of windows 10 with all the latest updates applied. Whenever I put the PC to hibernation and resume, everything functions as expected all the applications are working and no errors are shown for for a few seconds and then just...
  3. PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC reboots automatically after resuming from hibernation: My PC is running on a a fresh clean installation of windows 10 with all the latest updates applied. Whenever I put the PC to hibernation and resume, everything functions as expected all the applications are working and no errors are shown for for a few seconds and then just...
  4. Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,I usually use the hibernate when I close my computer.I often have a failure after the resstart of my computer from an hibernate and a blue screen occurs.I could have few dumps from the same behavior :DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILUREntoskrnl.exe+3f70d0May you please...
  5. Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen after resume from hibernation: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello,I usually use the hibernate when I close my computer.I often have a failure after the resstart of my computer from an hibernate and a blue screen occurs.I could have few dumps from the same behavior :DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILUREntoskrnl.exe+3f70d0May you please...
  6. Apps hang after resume from hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps hang after resume from hibernation: Apps that have files open over the network hang after a resume from hibernation, even though the server has been up the whole time. It might even affect apps that simply try to access the network over a connection that no longer exists, including possibly explorer....
  7. Blue screen after resuming from hibernate

Blue screen after resuming from hibernate: I keep running into blue screen after resuming from hibernate state in Windows 10 pro and it says "dpc watchdog violation" . I tried to find the cause by using WinDBbg and I got the following resaults . Is there any solution for it? Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version...
  8. cannot resume after hibernation

cannot resume after hibernation: Hello, I have the problem that my computer apparently does not resume after hibernation; instead I get the message in my Event Viewer, The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost...
  9. Hibernation Resume

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation Resume: When I resume from hibernation It goes thru screens asking if I like this one. How do I stop this? 32155
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...