Windows 10: After Running AVG and Avast!, Really Bad Lag

Discus and support After Running AVG and Avast!, Really Bad Lag in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had accidentally installed something with a virus, so I brought my computer to a repair shop. They never went inside the computer or anything, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by f0xx, Oct 1, 2016.

1. f0xx Win User

After Running AVG and Avast!, Really Bad Lag

I had accidentally installed something with a virus, so I brought my computer to a repair shop. They never went inside the computer or anything, but they installed and ran AVG, and after that they ran Avast!, after Avast! they ran Malwarebytes, and then they ran CCleaner. They also uninstalled all of them after they finished, but left on extensions such as Web of Trust, Disconnect and Ad Blocker. Now, my computer is super slow when doing basic tasks such as YouTube -- which it never has had any problem running over 100 tabs and playing like 10 of them! YouTube stutters and freezes and repeats audio or frames, and it's really scary (sometimes earbleedingly loud) and annoying. My computer has nothing taking up 99% of RAM or Disk, CPU, or Network.

To add on, now, when I download a game from Steam, my entire computer has system-wide lag of my mouse and the entire computer and I can't even voice chat without earbleeding audio that freezes and repeats so much that it actually scares me. My computer takes a few extra seconds to load anything, and anything that installs something will give me massive lag even if it's not intensive. *Shock

My computer has never ever ever had any of these problems and I don't really know what happened to cause it, but it is now incredibly slow. Can anyone recommend me anything I can do to speed it up? It is very annoying and scary and I have no idea what's wrong with it. It isn't malware or a virus, so I think this goes in this section though I may be wrong. *Sad My apologies if so. Thank you for any help.

:)

f0xx, Oct 1, 2016

2. Problem printing from Edge

I have also used third-party AVs with Windows for many years...ending with Windows 7. Problems with Avast, AVG, and Norton products cured me of that and I switched to MSE with Windows 7. Starting with 8 I have just stayed with Defender. I decided to try
    Avast and AVG in couple of VMs running 7 and 8 before upgrading to 10 to see if comments in the forums were really true. I found out that Avast in particular seems to mess up upgrade installations of 10 and when removed and then reinstalled after uprading
    continues to be problematic. I found out what people were saying the forums was pretty much true. Avast and AVG seem to haven fallen behind recently.

I agree with Rob completely.

Cbarnhorst, Oct 1, 2016
  3. Win 10 Home ed-- disable URL popups in Mail

See if running the AVG Remover tool (followed by a reboot) and then the AVG Clear utility (followed by another reboot) makes a difference. See
    https://support.avg.com/answers?id=906b0000000D...

AVG has never unintalled "cleanly." The situation's even worse since Avast acquired AVG in 2016. Most security geeks no longer recommend AVG or Avast. YMMV,

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 1, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

I think you may need to do either a repair install or a clean installation (preferred).

BTW. It seems the repair shop did a bad job on its behalf.

eLPuSHeR, Oct 1, 2016
  5. f0xx Win User
    My computer didn't come with a repair or install disc so I can't do that. *Sad

f0xx, Oct 1, 2016
  6. TairikuOkami, Oct 1, 2016
  7. f0xx Win User
    That is why I am afraid to bring it back, considering they charged me $50 for Googling "free antivirus software" and then running it. They could've easily accidentally installed another virus in the process of 'fixing' it, thankfully they didn't but I am unsure if I want to risk that, you know? *Huh

f0xx, Oct 1, 2016
  8. Moawia307 Win User

it could be for a lot of reasons , some one should have a close look to your System , So If you have some one You can really trust , download team viewer "remote log in app"and asks him to have a look ,the shop was not computer filed related , they should at least ask for the PC abnormal behavior to determine what they are dealing with ! .

Some suggestions of mine are two software's "free but you have to uninstall them after finish or buy" :

Advanced System Care :IObit Advanced SystemCare Free - Free Optimization Software & Free Registry Cleaner to scan system for Issues.

&

IOBIT Uninstaller IObit Uninstaller - Best Free Software Uninstall Tool for Your Windows XP/7/8/10 PC to identify and uninstall any unfinished uninstall Process's .

Moawia307, Oct 1, 2016
  9. swarfega Win User
    I would not recommend using team viewer or similar software for someone who is new to computers. I would take the computer to a local trusted repair place and ask them to look at it.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "charged me $50 for Googling "free antivirus software"", Google is free.

swarfega, Oct 1, 2016
  10. f0xx Win User
    They didn't delete their history and told me they found 'several trojans' which were actually mostly false positives. They quite literally went to Google and typed in "free antivirus software", installed the first advertisement they saw on Google (which happened to be AVG) and ran a scan. After that finished they installed Avast! and ran that. After Avast! finished, they reinstalled my Malwarebytes and ran that. And after Malwarebytes finished, they reinstalled my CCleaner and ran that. After they finished, they then installed Web of Trust's Chrome extension, AdBlock's Chrome extension (which I already had... gee, what great attention skills they have) and then they installed something called Disconnect, though I am not so sure of what it does as I got rid of it rather quickly.

Now my computer is having some really weird audio issues and general system-wide computer lag issues, but they didn't install anything malicious or take my case off and check computer parts, so I am quite unsure what is wrong.

11. f0xx Win User
    iObit rips stuff from other companies. *Huh No hard feelings, but judging from your grammar, I am guessing you work for them.

12. I did not wanted to say it like that, but yes, not to mention a false advertising. 300% faster computer, yeah right. *Rolleyes

I would suggest to use system restore prior to their excellent work, but the problem is, it restores viruses as well.
    For starters download and run Avastclear and AVG Remover tool (C Option) to make sure, all leftovers are gone.

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

How to uninstall AVG software | AVG Support

Download WC.bat and run it as admin, it will take a while, when it asks what to clean, select everything.

TairikuOkami, Oct 1, 2016
  13. Moawia307 Win User

yes that's right , but i said "If you have someone you can really trust " !

Moawia307, Oct 1, 2016
  14. Moawia307 Win User
    that's is totally the Meanest comment I ever had on my Grammar ...

- IF you put a small effort and had a look on my profile you would Know this :

- that I'm from Sudan "africa " , and I work and live at KSA .

-and you will see that I wrote " English is my second language , feel free to correct me at any time " .

I'm far a way from The company you mentioned ... and I made a huge effort to learn as much English you Saw and My I.T knowledge ,

from a country which was Shattered by Wars and Besieged Economically and technically by the United States Government .

No hard Feelings Still , I love intellectual american people , american movies , singers , comedians ..etc . I Have a very helping nature

, and that's what I was trying to do .

Moawia307, Oct 1, 2016
  15. f0xx Win User
    Avastclear didn't find anything, and neither did AVG Remover tool. Is it OK if I ask what WC does?

Thema:

1. After Running AVG and Avast!, Really Bad Lag - Similar Threads - Running AVG Avast

2. Bad Image with AVG?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Image with AVG?: I've been getting this error for a few weeks, and I've also begun to notice our family's internet flickering on and off. I wanted to know if the two are linked somehow, or at least how to fix this issue....
  3. Bad Image with AVG?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Image with AVG?: I've been getting this error for a few weeks, and I've also begun to notice our family's internet flickering on and off. I wanted to know if the two are linked somehow, or at least how to fix this issue....
  4. Game lags really bad randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game lags really bad randomly: when I play a game lets say I have 60 fps randomly it just goes down to 10 fps no matter what I do like boost the fps it always just goes down to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-lags-really-bad-randomly/71463bfa-5c4b-4ebc-82ae-741a70925d53
  5. Game lags really bad randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game lags really bad randomly: when I play a game lets say I have 60 fps randomly it just goes down to 10 fps no matter what I do like boost the fps it always just goes down to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-lags-really-bad-randomly/71463bfa-5c4b-4ebc-82ae-741a70925d53
  6. Remnants of AVG and Avast left after uninstalll.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remnants of AVG and Avast left after uninstalll.: I had been trying out Avast and AVG internet security packages but decided to go with another package. However after running their uninstalls and both Avastclear and AVGclear there are still items related to these products in the registry and taskbar settings. [img] Is...
  7. Problems with AVG & Avast

Problems with AVG & Avast: I'm having problems with both AVG and Avast...Of course those are both the free ones. So I'm looking for a different antivirus that is free and doesn't conflict with other programs. I have malwarebytes installed but I don't feel secure enough with just that. I used Avast...
  8. the lagging is really bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the lagging is really bad: I really like to play video game every time I try a big video it's just lagging for example I tried to play fornite as soon as I opened it was lagging so bad and if that ain't worst the computer closed the game by it self, like I really wanna know what is going on and hat...
  9. Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG

Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG: Security giant Avast has announced it intends to acquire fellow Czech-based antivirus software maker AVG for a purchase price of $25.00 per share in cash — resulting in a transaction that will total around $1.3 billion. Avast intends to finance the transaction using cash...
  10. Really Bad Mouse Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Really Bad Mouse Lag: Hi folks, I've been having a lot of trouble with my mouse lagging. Just moving it across the screen will sometimes cause it to lag. I wouldn't say that there is anything specific causing it sense it happens when I'm browsing the web, managing files on my desktop, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I JUST INSTALLED AVAST NOW THE COMPUTER IS LAGGING REALLY BAD