Windows 10: After SSHD replacement, 4GB RAM upgrade and Windows 10 installation, my laptop freezes...

Discus and support After SSHD replacement, 4GB RAM upgrade and Windows 10 installation, my laptop freezes... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I recently bought a SEAGATE Firecuda SSHD to replace my broken HDD and added 4GB RAM to my laptop. I was able to install windows 10 in no time using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ray MartMontesclaros, Jul 5, 2018.

1. After SSHD replacement, 4GB RAM upgrade and Windows 10 installation, my laptop freezes...

So I recently bought a SEAGATE Firecuda SSHD to replace my broken HDD and added 4GB RAM to my laptop. I was able to install
    windows 10 in no time using my bootable drive. I installed google chrome and started using it for research but after an hour
    or so of using, my laptop froze (for at least 30 min.) up until I decided to turn it off via power button. Once I turned my
    laptop ON again, the OS failed to boot and I had to reinstall windows 10. After reinstalling, the same thing happened after
    an hour or so of use. Is it possible that my laptop isn't compatible with the hardware upgrades? Is it a hardware problem or
    a software one? Thank you and have a good one!

HDD model name: ST1000LX015-1U7172 (SEAGATE Firecuda)
    BIOS Version: V2.12
    Product name: Aspire E1-572G
    RAM: 8192 MB

:)

Ray MartMontesclaros, Jul 5, 2018

2. After SSHD replacement, 4GB RAM upgrade and Windows 10 installation, my laptop freezes after an hour or so of use.

So I recently bought a SEAGATE Firecuda SSHD to replace my broken HDD and added 4GB RAM to my laptop. I was able to install

windows 10 in no time using my bootable drive. I installed google chrome and started using it for research but after an hour

or so of using, my laptop froze (for at least 30 min.) up until I decided to turn it off via power button. Once I turned my

laptop ON again, the OS failed to boot and I had to reinstall windows 10. After reinstalling, the same thing happened after

an hour or so of use. Is it possible that my laptop isn't compatible with the hardware upgrades? Is it a hardware problem or

a software one? Thank you and have a good one!

HDD model name: ST1000LX015-1U7172 (SEAGATE Firecuda)

BIOS Version: V2.12

Product name: Aspire E1-572G

RAM: 8192 MB

Ray MartMontesclaros, Nov 11, 2018
  3. prashii Win User
    Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Nov 11, 2018
  4. After SSHD replacement, 4GB RAM upgrade and Windows 10 installation, my laptop freezes...

After SSHD replacement, 4GB RAM upgrade and Windows 10 installation, my laptop freezes after an hour or so of use.

Hello Andre, Thank you so much for the detailed info, however so far I am not experiencing any problems with my PC, so I would come back to this if ever my laptop freezes again. To answer your question on what type? It's an SSHD, hybrid drive.

Ray MartMontesclaros, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

After SSHD replacement, 4GB RAM upgrade and Windows 10 installation, my laptop freezes...

1. After SSHD replacement, 4GB RAM upgrade and Windows 10 installation, my laptop freezes... - Similar Threads - SSHD replacement 4GB

2. how to upgrade 4GB ram to 8GB Ram in Win7 32bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to upgrade 4GB ram to 8GB Ram in Win7 32bit: How is the procedure to switch 2 pcs á 2GB RAM to 1 pcs 8GB RAM in Windows 7 32bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-4gb-ram-to-8gb-ram-in-win7-32bit/11d7b472-51d9-4a16-ad01-77e22993a0d5
  3. how to upgrade 4GB ram to 8GB Ram in Win7 32bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to upgrade 4GB ram to 8GB Ram in Win7 32bit: How is the procedure to switch 2 pcs á 2GB RAM to 1 pcs 8GB RAM in Windows 7 32bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-4gb-ram-to-8gb-ram-in-win7-32bit/11d7b472-51d9-4a16-ad01-77e22993a0d5
  4. Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.: Hey, I just checked my System specs, it shows: 3.45GB ram usable out of 4GB. I surfed the net for fixes to the issue, but found only 2- the msconfig fix and BIOS fix. When i tried the msconfig fix, it still shows the same. And when i checked my UEFI BIOS, There was nothing...
  5. Help with Windows 10 installation after RAM “upgrade”

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Windows 10 installation after RAM “upgrade”: So, some detail for how I got here. I got two RAM sticks a few days ago, and added them to my MSI B450 motherboard. However, after that was done, I got blue screens galore, saying the windows couldn’t boot. So I went to the bios, changed ram speed (2400Mhz DDR4 from 2133)...
  6. Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable: I am having issue with the RAM, I have installed 4GB Ram on windows 10, but It shows only 1.7GB is Usable and the leftover RAM is Hardware Reserved. I Tried to swap rams but didn't work. please help my PC is working very slow due to less usable RAM available, I also tried a...
  7. upgraded my windows 10 laptop ram

upgraded my windows 10 laptop ram: i have upgraded my windows 10 laptop ram from 4GB to 12 GB. now my laptop is super fast. with intel core i5 8 generation. i would recommend windows 10 ram requirement is minium 8 GB....
  8. Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM

Windows 10 using 4GB reserved RAM: hello I was curious if there is a fix for this issue. My PC recently updated to the newest win10 build and I was wondering why the PC shows 8GB ram installed however only 4GB are usable with 4GB in hardware reserved. I do not know what could be causing this as my video card...
  9. 4GB Ram vs 6GB Ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4GB Ram vs 6GB Ram: Please educate me. For a "regular" home user (not for business), what are the advantages of having more than 4 GB of Ram ? 125182
  10. sshd service not appearing after install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sshd service not appearing after install: Hello, I have been attempting to re-install the SSH Server feature in Windows 10, however the sshd service itself has failed to reinstall. I have attempted this through both the "Option Features" menu and via the elevated Powershell command: Add-WindowsCapability -Online...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Bios screen stays for longer time in win10 intel i3.2.93ghz 2GB RAM