Windows 10: after the win7 to win10

Discus and support after the win7 to win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I see where everyone is talking about the oldwindows.folder, I don't have or have never seen it but I do have this "windowss7_os(C:)" that is part of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WILLIAMMACDERMOD, Aug 9, 2018.

1. after the win7 to win10

I see where everyone is talking about the oldwindows.folder, I don't have or have never seen it but I do have this "windowss7_os(Cafter the win7 to win10 :)" that is part of my index under this pc. I had for the longest time 2 document folders. I did a search for the oldwindows.folder and the computer couldn't find it. The only thing I use it for is genealogy, pictures and searching for the most part and it seems to do those just fine.

Not being a techie I have no idea why or if I should eliminate it or reinstall. The computer runs fine so I try not to let it bug me. anyone got any answers. I did the install back when win10 first came out went. This is a program I love to hate and sometimes wish I had left win7 on it.

thanx odyhill

:)

WILLIAMMACDERMOD, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Scoobydu Win User

homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Aug 9, 2018
  3. LEEFH33 Win User
    WIN10 UPDATES NOT WORKING. HOW TO REVERT TO WIN7?

Thank you for responding.

Just to clarify, your steps listed here is to allow me to revert to WIN7?

LEEFH33, Aug 9, 2018
  4. dkwong55 Win User

after the win7 to win10

Win7 to Win10 upgrade issue ... 0xC1900101-0x30017 and then 0x40017

hi, Andre,

yes, i think my note did say that i already created the bootable ISO on a DVD and started the Win10 upgrade from there. i already contacted the vendor and he gave me a list of Win10 drivers, suggested the bootable ISO upgrade method but did not recommend
    a new BIOS update.

My PC is a ZOTAC CI320none with an Intel processor running a licensed Win7 Home Premium SP1.

dkwong55, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

after the win7 to win10

1. after the win7 to win10 - Similar Threads - win7 win10

2. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?: I went to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and, downloaded the installer/media creation tool, but, this error comes up when I boot it,"Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000". How does a person fix that?...
  3. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?: I went to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10, and, downloaded the installer/media creation tool, but, this error comes up when I boot it,"Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000". How does a person fix that?...
  4. Upgrade Win7 to Win10, "Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x20000", how to fix?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7

Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 7 Home from the factory. Years ago, I had an offer to upgrade to Windows 10 for free - which I accepted, and I have been using it for a long time. However, after a while, I attempted to reboot my PC from the BIOS due to some malware issues....
  6. Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7

Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7: Hi,My laptop came with Windows 7 Home from the factory. Years ago, I had an offer to upgrade to Windows 10 for free - which I accepted, and I have been using it for a long time. However, after a while, I attempted to reboot my PC from the BIOS due to some malware issues....
  7. Sys reboot downgraded my pc from win10 to win7

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  9. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  10. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key