Windows 10: After uninstall, Macafee Security link still in Start Menu. How to remove

Discus and support After uninstall, Macafee Security link still in Start Menu. How to remove in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I fired up my new HP Pavillion, created an admin account and immediately uninstalled MacAfee Security as I planned on using windows defender +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanPalumbo, Jul 21, 2018.

1. After uninstall, Macafee Security link still in Start Menu. How to remove

I fired up my new HP Pavillion, created an admin account and immediately uninstalled MacAfee Security as I planned on using windows defender + Malwarebytes. I used the programs and features tool to uninstall it. This seemed to work.

However, a link to MacAfee Security still remains in the standard user accounts. I cant seem to get rid of these. I emphasize that the MacAfee link is gone from the admin account.

I've looked at all the start menu locations I know about under program data and user appdata, but I see no link there.

Where could this link be coming from?

Thanks for your help,

Dan

:)

DanPalumbo, Jul 21, 2018

2. Inactive icon in Start menu - how to remove

Hi,

We found a thread similar to your concern. It contains instructions on how to remove items or entries on Start menu. For your reference, click this
    link and follow the resolution provided by
    dnbrv.

Meanwhile, follow these steps if you want to uninstall the application:

• On Cortana search, type apps & features.
    • Choose Apps & features from the list.
    • Select the program and click Uninstall.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jul 21, 2018
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused After uninstall, Macafee Security link still in Start Menu.  How to remove :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jul 21, 2018
  4. psyko12 Win User

After uninstall, Macafee Security link still in Start Menu. How to remove

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

After uninstall, Macafee Security link still in Start Menu. How to remove

1. After uninstall, Macafee Security link still in Start Menu. How to remove - Similar Threads - uninstall Macafee Security

2. How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?: I did not mean to install McAfee. I installed "free Acrobat" and without my knowledge it put McAfee Security Scan Plus on my Windows 10 Desktop. I already have antivirus and a firewall on this computer and I do not want McAfee, I have tried everything to uninstall it! HELP!...
  3. How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?: I did not mean to install McAfee. I installed "free Acrobat" and without my knowledge it put McAfee Security Scan Plus on my Windows 10 Desktop. I already have antivirus and a firewall on this computer and I do not want McAfee, I have tried everything to uninstall it! HELP!...
  4. How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  6. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  7. How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu

How to remove uninstalled items from the Start menu: I'm having a lot of trouble finding the answer to the above question.I've recently uninstalled a few programs from Windows 11, however, the names of the programs remain in the start menu but with no icon. When right clicking, it gives the option to uninstall, but obviously...
  8. Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Apps not tiles uninstalled program still on start menu: I uninstalled unused apps from my windows 10 desktop. When I click on the windows key to bring to bring up the start menu, one app [Ebay] icon shows it is still there. Left clicking and hitting uninstall brings me to the App list. Since I uninstalled it from the App...
  9. Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu: I am having some problem with app installed from microsoft store. Even after i uninstalled them they still appear on on start list. Why?? I have also checked C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs here but found nothing. Please help, someone. Bloons TD...
  10. Item still in start menu after uninstall

Item still in start menu after uninstall: Well I uninstalled a few programs and most of them have no traces left... one however is still listed under the letter sorted part of the start menu. No clue how to remove it as it's not installed and none of the files from it are left... Edit: You know those blonde...