Windows 10: After unpluging phone from USB port, windows freezes

Discus and support After unpluging phone from USB port, windows freezes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After I unplugged lenovo android phone, windows freeze immediately. All I could is reboot. In event viewer all I found is: The system has rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Acronis, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Acronis Win User

After unpluging phone from USB port, windows freezes

After I unplugged lenovo android phone, windows freeze immediately. All I could is reboot.

In event viewer all I found is:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

What cause this?

:)

Acronis, Dec 24, 2015
  2. rkbowen Win User

Settings App freezes accessing System > About on Surface 3 Pro

It still happens for me, even with 14328 (out yesterday), HOWEVER, I seem to have found something related to the freeze: having something populating the USB port. I use a Yubikey with LastPass, and tend to leave it plugged into the USB port all the time.
    When it freezes, and I then unplug the Yubikey from the port, it corrects the problem immediately.

Once I observed that, I tried to get it to freeze again (with the Yubikey unplugged), by clicking on other settings like display, offline maps, storage, etc, then back to "about"... and was able to reproduce the freezing again - then plugged the Yubikey
    back into the USB port, and it was again corrected immediately.

I have now reproduced the same behavior with a USB flash drive, so it is not a Yubikey issue.

It has got to be something that is related to the USB driver.

-Rick

rkbowen, Dec 24, 2015
  3. iziaah Win User
    My mouse keeps freezing in windows 10

I have built my own pc for about a month now my mouse has kept randomly freezing then unfreezing. Sometimes I would have to unplug the cable for it to work again. I have used USB 3.0 ports and the normal USB port. I also have uninstalled the driver many
    times and it only works for a few minutes, it would start randomly freezing after that. Please help

iziaah, Dec 24, 2015
Thema:

After unpluging phone from USB port, windows freezes

1. After unpluging phone from USB port, windows freezes - Similar Threads - unpluging phone USB

2. USB port randomly unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB port randomly unplugged: My USB port often disconnects suddenly, but reconnects immediately. Initially, I thought my mouse or keyboard was faulty, but it turns out the USB port is the issue. Suddenly, my mouse or keyboard goes dead for 1 to 2 seconds, which is quite frustrating. I have tried various...
  3. USB port randomly unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port randomly unplugged: My USB port often disconnects suddenly, but reconnects immediately. Initially, I thought my mouse or keyboard was faulty, but it turns out the USB port is the issue. Suddenly, my mouse or keyboard goes dead for 1 to 2 seconds, which is quite frustrating. I have tried various...
  4. PC Freezing after unplugging keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freezing after unplugging keyboard: Sometimes my keyboards stops recieving input and when i unplug the keyboard my PC freezes and i only have the option of rebooting the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezing-after-unplugging-keyboard/2ba9fa20-f391-467a-bd7c-4162d65fbcab
  5. PC Freezing after unplugging keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing after unplugging keyboard: Sometimes my keyboards stops recieving input and when i unplug the keyboard my PC freezes and i only have the option of rebooting the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-freezing-after-unplugging-keyboard/2ba9fa20-f391-467a-bd7c-4162d65fbcab
  6. PC Freezing after unplugging keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Device keep changing COM Port after unplugging from Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device keep changing COM Port after unplugging from Win10: Hi All I have an issue with one device Pax Technology Terminal connected to Win 10 NCR Point of Sale . after unplugging the device and connecting it the COM port number changes and every time we have to change the port number back to the correct port number for this...
  8. USB ports not detecting Controllers and Android Phone

USB ports not detecting Controllers and Android Phone: Good afternoon and Merry Christmas ! I've just built my very own PC a few days ago and everything seem to be working just fine except for a few parts. I wanted to plug in my switch pro controller to the computer but nothing happened : The PC didn't make the famous sound...
  9. USB Port failure and computer freezing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Port failure and computer freezing on Windows 10: Hello, Recently my computer started freezing. I noticed my Dell mouse and keyboard's lights were off. Upon hard reset, the same light going out issue occurred quite quickly and Windows displayed a diagnostic screen showing the USB Failure issue and was sending data to the...
  10. Windows 10 not recoginizing my phone through USB port after update

Windows 10 not recoginizing my phone through USB port after update: My HP Laptop with windows 10 won't recognize my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge when I plug it in through the USB port. The laptop doesn't tell me it couldn't connect or anything of those things, it simply doesn't acknowledge. I've plugged it in, but I do the USB port isn't broken, as...