Windows 10: after update can't get out of screen saver.

Discus and support after update can't get out of screen saver. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After the major 10 update yesterday, the only way I can get out of my screen saver is cntl-alt-del. Anyone else have this problem? Solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by willie47, Apr 24, 2017.

1. willie47 Win User

after update can't get out of screen saver.

After the major 10 update yesterday, the only way I can get out of my screen saver is cntl-alt-del.

Anyone else have this problem? Solution?
    thanks,
    willie

:)

willie47, Apr 24, 2017
  2. BTGest Win User

Windows 10 last update

After last Windows 10 update I can't get out of my screen saver unless I do a Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then hit cancel. If I hit any other key it just reverts to a black screen.

BTGest, Apr 24, 2017
  3. screen saver

Since the last 10 update, when my screen saver goes on, I can't get out with using my mouse, only by closing the laptop and reopening.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Screen saver

yisraelmargolin, Apr 24, 2017
  4. after update can't get out of screen saver.

Caledon Ken, Apr 25, 2017
  5. willie47 Win User
    thanks, but this didn't help......?

willie47, Apr 26, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    Does the screensaver have any settings pertaining to waking on mouse movement?

Bastet, Apr 26, 2017
  7. jamis Win User
    I have always had issues with the screen saver program interruption. Sometimes it will release as soon as the mouse moves. Other times it requires left click, and a very long wait (sometimes nearly 60 seconds or more). We use the program more as a digital picture frame than a screen saver (not really needed on an LED monitor) and the program is linked to the Pictures folder. Our system has nearly 15,000 pictures (16 GB) in it and I've always suspected that the program gets hung up indexing such a large folder.

jamis, Apr 27, 2017
  8. after update can't get out of screen saver.

Mind you my experience here is limited. But in the past screen saver problems were related to some complicated or elaborate saver I would try. Once I got used to a black screen, I rarely had problems. In other words, my money is on your choice of saver here. Try it without anything, just a blank, black screen. What have you got to lose?

Wiley Coyote, Apr 27, 2017
  9. mrgeek Win User
    What are you using for a screen saver, Photos or a 3rd party prog ?

mrgeek, Apr 28, 2017
  10. When I use photos, the same thing happens to me occasionally. If I use ribbons or the windows default settings, there is no problem.

stealth2920, Apr 30, 2017
  11. LeHook Win User
    OK I'm using the built-in screensaver, which 10 makes harder to get to, and it worked just fine until the latest update. What did Microsoft do to screw up their own program, this time?

LeHook, May 14, 2017
  12. vanp Win User
    I just updated to CU. I use Windows Live Photo Gallery in the screen saver. I now have the same problem as originally reported. The other options work, so there's something about WLPG that needs to be fixed.

13. after update can't get out of screen saver.

Yeah I've had issues with the live photo gallery screensaver in the past. On one of our machines it would re arrange all the desktop items/shortcuts every time we came out of it. Now steer well clear of it. Shame because it's a good screensaver with good effects that worked great in windows 7. The default windows 10 photos screensaver is bland beyond belief

Scottyboy99, Jul 31, 2017
  14. vanp Win User
    Scottyboy99, I don't actually have a problem with WLPG itself. The problem is with CU in relation to WLPG. Before CU, I never had any kind of serious problem with WLPG. My understanding is that M$ realizes it did something wrong in CU related to WLPG and is supposed to fix it in the next release, whatever that means (probably Fall CU).

Of course, you're right about W7. A lot of things were better there. If I knew then what I know now I probably wouldn't have left W7 until support was stopped. I made a list of things I would have to do to go back to W7; it was about 40 steps long. At that point I gave up. Software companies and web sites should leave 'good' alone and stop fixin' stuff that ain't broke. Thanks for responding.

Thema:

after update can't get out of screen saver.

1. after update can't get out of screen saver. - Similar Threads - update can't screen

2. Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep: I have a screesaver that I downloaded from the internet and have been using for years. When I turn on my Windows 10 PCwhich is usaually always on, the screensaver will not work. I did find however, that if I put my PC to sleep, then turn it back on, the screensaver will work....
  3. Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep: I have a screesaver that I downloaded from the internet and have been using for years. When I turn on my Windows 10 PCwhich is usaually always on, the screensaver will not work. I did find however, that if I put my PC to sleep, then turn it back on, the screensaver will work....
  4. Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen savers, something is turning them off, can't figure it out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen savers, something is turning them off, can't figure it out: I'm running Win 10 x64 Pro version 2004: As long as I can remember I've been using screen savers without problems but, since installing this version no matter which screen saver I choose they only run once and then are turned off. I don't know why this keeps happening, I...
  6. Can't get screen saver to operate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get screen saver to operate: Hi. I have windows 10. I have set all the required settings for my screen saver. But when the time elapses, all I get is a black screen. My screen saver will not activate. How do I fix this?...
  7. Can't activate screen saver

Can't activate screen saver: I'm just getting a new computer up and running but can't activate my screen saver. I get a message saying "Windows cannot access the specified file." I found the file in File Explorer but it will not open nor am I allowed to change permissions on this file. Can this be...
  8. Can't get out of temporary profile after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get out of temporary profile after update: So my computer woke me up in the middle of the night as it was trying to update, even though I have it set to not auto update. So I gave in and updated it, and upon starting up I got a Page Fault in a non paged area fault, and am now stuck in a Temporary profile and can not...
  9. After the recent update, Battery Saver can't be turned on ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After the recent update, Battery Saver can't be turned on ?: Hi, I've just updated to the newest version of windows and after doing so, the battery saver button (with a leaf) can no longer be turned on. I've also changed to the recommended balanced version, and the battery slider will also not allow me to adjust it to the best battery...
  10. screen saver pictures out of position

screen saver pictures out of position: When my system goes into screen saver, the pictures are all up too high. The tops of all of them are cut off. I can't find a setting for that adjustment. What do I need to do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant you get out of screensaver after windows update