Windows 10: After update, my printer driver disappears every day

Discus and support After update, my printer driver disappears every day in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I have 2 laptops I use regularly, both with Windows 10. This little one is 32 bit, the other 64. Since the last WIndows update, my HP 4630... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jmwe53, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jmwe53 Win User

After update, my printer driver disappears every day

Hi all, I have 2 laptops I use regularly, both with Windows 10. This little one is 32 bit, the other 64. Since the last WIndows update, my HP 4630 Officejet driver won't work. In the control panel printer screen the HP printer displays in gray, and print jobs are ignored. I've uninstalled and reinstalled every time I want to use the thing. I don't want to have to buy a new printer; there isn't a thing wrong with it. And since this issue is the same on both computers since the last update, I'm assuming this is a Windows issue. I am not a computer geek and have no clue about getting into the guts of the thing to fix stuff. I'd have to take it somewhere. Is that what it's coming to?? I now need to print up a shipping label and will have to uninstall that driver and download yet again for the umpteenth time. Help!

:)

jmwe53, Dec 9, 2017

2. text only printer disappears with last update

every time there are a new update, a lot of my customers loose his configuration. The text only printer disappear.

th driver used is native driver for text only printer, included with operating system. it´s no possible all drivers is corrupted

AlbertoBotana, Dec 9, 2017
  3. Tmalorni Win User
    XPS printer constantly disappearing

The Microsoft XPS document writer will disappear from my computer about every 2 hours, or on any restart. This is required for quickbooks and I find myself adding that printer 5 or more times every day. It also happens to almost everyone else at the office.
    Windows 10.

I have already tried pretty much any fix, including the Quickbooks PDF repair tool, which works because it re-adds the XPS printer but then it still disappears a couple hours later. I tried restarting the XPS services, reinstalling with new different drivers,
    really any article I could find.

I just need this printer to stop disappearing

Tmalorni, Dec 9, 2017
  4. After update, my printer driver disappears every day

Hi jmwe53. Welcome to the TenForums @jmwe53

I would first start with telling Windows to not update drivers on your behalf. Option 4, Step 3

Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10

I would then uninstall your printer, if it asks about driver software say yes, delete. They remove all other HP items associated with printer, printer supplies, print diagnostics, etc. You want to start from a clean slate. (Also check if you have a copy of this printer, or similar name, same delete process)

Then power down printer.

Find your most recent driver software bundle and execute it. Leave printer off until it says it can't find printer. Power on printer and complete install.

I've seen on numerous HP installations where it installs a copy or a copy appears. Not sure why. Sometimes selecting it will restore function and keep it. May have to set as default.

One other thing, in devices, printers, take back control from Windows as to who gets to set default printer. You set the default printer.

Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners > scroll down right hand side > uncheck "Let Windows manage my default Printer"

Scroll up and click on your printer choice as default > click manage > click "Set as Default."

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 9, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    Unplug the printer from the PC/Laptop concerned.
    Download the driver file and store it in a Drivers folder.
    Uninstall any HP Printer driver, generic or HP, all of them.
    Start the install of the Driver, only connect up the printer when prompted.
    The reason for doing that is to prevent the installation of a generic driver.
    Probably easiest to go to the video tutorials.
    http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?gu...b9-a96a-87087b

Helmut, Dec 9, 2017
  6. jmwe53 Win User
    Thank you all. I've gone through the steps, got my print job done, and remains to be seen if the printer is still there tomorrow. I had originally posted at an HP forum, got no response, but figured it was a Windows issue anyway. In the meantime, I heard from HP, so I have loads of help. Thanks to both of you; time will tell.

jmwe53, Dec 11, 2017
  7. MrHudson Win User
    I have a Canon 2520 printer, I just turn power on, plug it to USB port, windows installs driver, I have Software but don't need to install it, it is reconized by windows, all I have to do is press ctrl+p and print what ever I want printed.

MrHudson, Dec 14, 2017
  8. jmwe53 Win User

After much hassle with attempted fixes through this forum and one at HP, I finally threw in the towel. Got a new printer, though with nothing wrong with this one, I'm hanging onto it. Thanks to all who gave suggestions.

jmwe53, Dec 18, 2017
  9. Sorry to hear that.

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Dec 18, 2017
  10. MrHudson Win User
    One of my neighbors here has an HP wireless printer. connection to it was open, I printed some raunchy photos the didn't like.

MrHudson, Dec 18, 2017
  11. reddice Win User
    I have the same issue on my Brother HL-2270DW laser printer that worked for years and my mothers computer. I messed around with Windows 10 removing drivers tweaking settings and messing things up alone that the excellent Macrium Reflect program reverted back to a working state but in the end it was a temporary band ad and nothing worked.

The printer will go offline after a while the only thing fixing it was to turn off and turn on the printer which i have to do whenever I want to print something.

reddice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After update, my printer driver disappears every day - Similar Threads - update printer driver

2. Realtek drivers every other day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek drivers every other day: Why in the world are they wanting to update the realtec bluetooth drivers every other day. It's not only aggravating, its not neccessary. Once a month or so with a good patch would work just as well. I have had at least 4 driver downloads that have failed, just to have...
  3. Realtek drivers every other day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek drivers every other day: Why in the world are they wanting to update the realtec bluetooth drivers every other day. It's not only aggravating, its not neccessary. Once a month or so with a good patch would work just as well. I have had at least 4 driver downloads that have failed, just to have...
  4. video drivers disappear after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video drivers disappear after update: Bought a lenova Desktop last summer it has windows 10 installed everytime i do a windows update i lose drivers for both video cards the built in Intel video card as well as well as the nvidia pci-x card. is there a way to stop this from happening without disabling updates....
  5. Windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

Windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day: I recently updated to the Windows 10 version 20H2 successfully. Now I am seeing the Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 being installed everyday....the last three days 1/19..1/20....and 1/21...it was installed successfully all three days...Why? and how do I...
  6. windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows updates keeps installing the same driver every day: I recently updated to the Windows 10 version 20H2 successfully. Now I am seeing the Synaptics - Mouse - 9/19/2018 12:00:00 AM - 19.2.17.70 being installed everyday....the last three days 1/19..1/20....and 1/21...it was installed successfully all three days...Why? and how do I...
  7. MS Printer v6.1.7233.1 update fails...every day...but shows success?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Printer v6.1.7233.1 update fails...every day...but shows success?: Folks, Every day I get a "Failed Windows Update" for Microsoft Printer 6/22/2006, v6.1.7233.1. See the pix, below: [img] Selecting the technical details, the Description reads, "DescriptionInstallation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error...
  8. Blue screens nearly every day after the update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screens nearly every day after the update: Will this shit ever stop? I don't remember a single time an update came by that didn't destabilize the whole system for no reason or one that fixed any particular issues I had. Is it that inconceivable to push an update that doesn't ruin anything? submitted by...
  9. My touchpad drivers keep on disappearing and after a day or two again appears

My touchpad drivers keep on disappearing and after a day or two again appears: Hi, my laptop model is Asus Vivobook 15 x505za. For the past month daily my touchpad drivers keep missing and after certain restarts again drivers appears. I tried installing the drivers again and again....
  10. printer drivers not found after update

printer drivers not found after update: Hi. Just had an update installed and now my system can't seem to find my printers. My business is at stake because we need to print orders and shipping labels. Any advice is greatly appreciated....