Windows 10: After update to 9926 no Windows Update in Control Panel

Discus and support After update to 9926 no Windows Update in Control Panel in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Just updated from 8.1 Pro X64 to W10 TP. After update i do not have Windows Update in the Control Panel. The only way I can get to Windows Update is by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ztruker, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

After update to 9926 no Windows Update in Control Panel

Just updated from 8.1 Pro X64 to W10 TP. After update i do not have Windows Update in the Control Panel. The only way I can get to Windows Update is by entering wuapp in the Run box.

Also, Start button not working. Click on it and nothing happens. FIx was supposedly released via Windows Update to fix this which is what led me to notice I had no Windows Update.

Other weird stuff:

When I boot, I get to a selection screen where I have to choose between Windows 10 TP and Windows Rollback. Having rollback available is nice but it should not be displayed unless a FN key is pressed.

Administrator is now activated by default and shows up in the login screen and is automatically logged into on cold boot. I like it being activated but do not want it to be the default login user. Should be the user I setup during install. I used control userpasswords2 to fix this.

:)

Ztruker, Feb 10, 2015
  2. WindowsOS Win User

no update in control panel?

I strongly suggest you click on the Windows Menu button then Settings which is where you will find a lot of stuff. Click each of the buttons on that screen and go through each one to see what is there.

WindowsOS, Feb 10, 2015
  3. LeeW. Win User
    no update in control panel?

after updating to win10 i get the feeling i should not have. so how does one update when you can not find it anywhere? in fact several things not in control panel any more. no way to control volume of speakers either, so they are unplugged.

LeeW., Feb 10, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

The boot menu is a known issue that was documented in the release notes for 9926.

Windows Update is not in control panel anymore, it's in Settings. If you can get to it via wuapp then use it to download all patches and your start menu should work again.

The administrator thing is weird.. did you activate that in your previous version of windows?

Mystere, Feb 10, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Any thoughts on the forced selection of Win 10 or or Rollback?

Ztruker, Feb 10, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Feb 10, 2015
  8. davehc Win User

davehc, Feb 10, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member

BunnyJ, Feb 10, 2015
  10. davehc Win User
    ?? What worked just fine? The roll back or the deletion? I install clean every time from the latest build ISO, but reformat the partition before proceeding, hence, I have no Win.old file. Which update are you referring to? the build?

davehc, Feb 10, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I performed the update to 9926 and if I recall I had a win.old file and with the disk cleanup it was deleted without an issue. When I did a clean install of 9879 I didn't have a win.old file either.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 10, 2015
  12. swarfega Win User
    The Windows Update feature has moved to the new Settings app which I think MS will be moving over to.

swarfega, Feb 10, 2015
  13. Mystere Win User

Any thoughts on the forced selection of Win 10 or or Rollback? I don't know what you mean. It's a bug, it's documented as a bug, it's a known issue in this release. It is not fixed by any update that I know of.

Regarding Windows Update, it's deliberately removed. Microsoft is moving various settings slowly to the Settings panel from Windows Update and there is no point in having it in both places.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After update to 9926 no Windows Update in Control Panel - Similar Threads - update 9926 Update

2. after update control panel deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after update control panel deleted: After the 07 2022 quality update, Outlook 2013 started continuing requesting the password. I then found that the Control Panel had disappeared, and other apps will no longer accept passwords. When I click recovery in update, it closes Settings. How can I get back to a restore...
  3. after update control panel deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after update control panel deleted: After the 07 2022 quality update, Outlook 2013 started continuing requesting the password. I then found that the Control Panel had disappeared, and other apps will no longer accept passwords. When I click recovery in update, it closes Settings. How can I get back to a restore...
  4. after update control panel deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Control Panel/ Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel/ Windows update: I was looking through my control panel this morning and I saw Update for Windows 10 for x64-based system(kb40...... as one of the apps installed on january 11 2018 and I was wondering if I should delete it...
  6. Add Windows Update to Control Panel Manually

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Add Windows Update to Control Panel Manually: I figured out how to put Windows update in control panel without any secondary software. I used Brink's Add Group Policy to Control panel registry hack in the sevenforums.com as a template. I modified to look like this. Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  7. Windows update is not in the control panel,

Windows update is not in the control panel,: Windows update is not in the control panel, where is it? 14814
  8. Windows Update missing in Control Panel

Windows Update missing in Control Panel: Hi, yep, it's gone. Not there- and I don't know when or why. So considering restore points and disk images may not be the most appropriate (i.e. would be a random option timewise). I found these fixes (the same registry mod): Windows Update in Windows 10 Control Panel...
  9. Windows Update and Release 9926

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update and Release 9926: Windows Update is controlled by the Technical Preview install and set to automatic. I noticed that it is only partially automatic now. There were two updates that did not download and install, one I noticed during the Preview Build Update (PBU) and one after the machine...
  10. Still Showing 9926 after 10041 update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Still Showing 9926 after 10041 update.: Hello Every one, New windows 10 user via Vmware, i just did the windows update to 10041, but its still showing as a 9926 build, is this normal ?? [img] [img] thanks in advance. 4842