Windows 10: After updating Build 10240 Windows not recognize Nikon D7000 photos

Discus and support After updating Build 10240 Windows not recognize Nikon D7000 photos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Update: After August 18.2015 update (KB3081444) & (KB3081441) the problem is fixed Not sure is this right category. Windows recognizes my Nikon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nobody, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Nobody Win User

After updating Build 10240 Windows not recognize Nikon D7000 photos

Update: After August 18.2015 update (KB3081444) & (KB3081441) the problem is fixed

Not sure is this right category.

Windows recognizes my Nikon D7000. Removable Storage when I plug it via USB.
    But when I open it Windows says "this folder is empty" Although there should be photos.
    I tried troubleshooting, but no help. Camera operating normally with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 systems
    All USB-ports works normally too.

This is my first Windows 10 problem after TP start. Suggestions on what to do?

Edit: clarification to my question.. I can view my Nikon D7000 photos, when i transfer them first another pc and using USB stick to move this pc. Only when try transfer them out camera, using file explorer not work.

:)

Nobody, Jul 18, 2015

2. Photo App NOT Importing Photos From Camera In Windos 10

This problem has been discussed widely for the
    Nikon D7000
    . As of this writing, the photos can only be imported directly from the memory cards.

jonlighthall, Jul 18, 2015
  3. Arun R.S Win User
    Not showing DCIM folder in digital cameras

Windows 10 file explorer recognizes my Nikon D7000, shows the memory cards (2 cards) in the camera but will not show the

photo's on the cards. jpg photos. Show Hidden Files is checked. I also cannot copy and paste a photo or create a new folder onto the cards. Nikon's transfer program works fine see's and transfers the photos to the computer. How to fix this problem with
    File Explorer

Arun R.S, Jul 18, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

This won't be especially helpful.

I normally use a card reader, so this is the first time I tried attaching the camera.

I just plugged my Canon T3i (600D in most of the world outside the USA) into my PC. It was recognized, and assigned a special icon in Windows Explorer. I was able to view photos from the SD card. That's with an activated Build 10240, which was installed as an upgrade over Windows 8.1 Pro.

I see that the D7000 isn't a new model, so I would expect it to be fully supported.

At a guess, your Win10 installation is corrupt.

bobkn, Jul 18, 2015
  5. Nobody Win User
    Thanks for answer bobkn.

Yes D7000 is about 5-6 year old. It will operate normally previous build.
    I try disk check, DISM and sfc /scaanow nothing found there. Windows seems to work nomally, no other problems.
    Maybe i should just wait new build, or refresh this build.

Nobody, Jul 19, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jul 19, 2015
  7. Nobody Win User

Thanks for answer Ztruker and Slartybart I use it via USB, no card reader this pc. Yes camera software is installed And i can transfer them using Nikon viewnx2
    ( I edit the first post corresponding to a clearer this issue)
    But when i try transfer them using File Explorer, windows says that the folder is empty

Nobody, Jul 19, 2015
  8. What do
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers
    Device Manager
    Disk Manager

tell you about the camera? Do they see the device?

Seeing what you see always helps members on this side of your monitor.
    Here's how you can grab a screen shot that shows the issue and attach it to a new post.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

You might have to tell Windows about the camera - shouldn't really have to but for now it might get your machine working as you want it to work.

Devices and Printers > add device
    and / or
    Settings > Devices > Connected devices > [ + ] Add a device

If that works, please feed MS your experience. The device should be recognized when you connect it to the USB port - at least I think it should be *Wink

Slartybart, Jul 19, 2015
  9. Nobody Win User
    Yes i can see camera in Device Manager, and Devices an Printers, and i see it file explorer (hope it's right term in english) But when i open that Removable Storage Windows says "folder is empty" Not see it Disk Mangaer but i think thats because i use it via USB
    Screenshots text is finnish language but words are "Removable Storage" and " This folder is empty"
    Second screenshot should be photos. but nothin there *Sad

After updating Build 10240 Windows not  recognize Nikon D7000 photos [​IMG]

Nobody, Jul 19, 2015
  10. Thanks - you're using terminology that is easy to understand (file explorer) - it's MS that keeps changing the names of things *Wink

It's been a while since I connected my camera via USB, but I'll give it a shot and see what I see on this side.

Could you post the Device and Printers screen shot? While you're in that dialog window, right click your camera and see if there is a troubleshooter.

You probably already set the camera USB mode, but here's what Nikon says:
    Camera USB setting : MTP or PTP

This is old although it might point you in the right direction:
    Troubleshooting Steps for Windows USB connection issues | Nikon Knowledgebase

I'lll post again after I try my camera.

Slartybart, Jul 19, 2015
  11. Nobody Win User
    I do not have the option set camera USB option, i think it's already that.
    I try troubleshooter but nothing found there. Screenshot added. Maybe there is something wrong my windows?

Edit: And Windows says "This device is working properly"

Nobody, Jul 19, 2015
  12. After updating Build 10240 Windows not recognize Nikon D7000 photos

Bumping this as I'm having EXACTLY the same problem as the original poster ('Nobody').

Does anyone have an answer? thanks.

EdgarTPeaceful, Jul 27, 2015
  13. robbyrob Win User
    I second this here! I am having the same problem. I can open my camera and drag the photos to a folder on my desktop. Now once all the photos are there if I try to upload them to any other program or website once I go to that folder it can not see any photos. It says the folder is empty even though the photos are there...

edit

also this is happening with folders. I can make 10 folders on my desktop. Once I go to any website were you can upload photos you can not see those folders.

robbyrob, Jul 27, 2015
  14. I can't drag photos from my camera because it can't see them. It can see that the SD cards are not empty (just like the OP) but it still says there are no files present. I can't import into lightroom, because windows just cannot see the files.

EdgarTPeaceful, Jul 27, 2015
Thema:

1. After updating Build 10240 Windows not recognize Nikon D7000 photos - Similar Threads - updating Build 10240

2. Updating Windows 10.0 Pro build 10240

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Windows 10.0 Pro build 10240: My laptop experienced a glitch and had to reformat the SSD . I am now busy re-installing everything. The problem is I can find nowhere upgrades for the version of windows I have and I MUST use that version and upgrade it up and inclusive of September 2021, NOT AFTER. I am...
  3. Updating Windows 10.0 Pro build 10240

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Windows 10.0 Pro build 10240: My laptop experienced a glitch and had to reformat the SSD . I am now busy re-installing everything. The problem is I can find nowhere upgrades for the version of windows I have and I MUST use that version and upgrade it up and inclusive of September 2021, NOT AFTER. I am...
  4. Updating Windows 10.0 Pro build 10240

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Update from build 10240 to build 2004

Update from build 10240 to build 2004: I am currently using Windows 10 Pro, build 10240 and I want to upgrade to the latest build, 2004, using the Windows Update Assistant. But I want to know what is the size of the update before I continue. Is it going to just download the files for Windows 10 Pro build 2004 or...
  6. Build 10240

Build 10240: So basically im still on the build 10240 and tried updating my computer, i got the error code 0x80240fff and tried updating it with the update assistant that i could download, but that didnt work and was told to restart my pc and try again did that and it still didnt work.....
  7. Remedy for Windows 10 not updating to build 10240

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remedy for Windows 10 not updating to build 10240: For all of you that are frustrated with Win 10 not updating, go to: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html Settings---->System---->Apps&Features---->Manage Optional features and then add "insider hub". Well this is how I fixed mine and received 10240...
  8. 10240 photo NOT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    10240 photo NOT: Seems like in 10240 the desktop version of Windows Photo Viewer is no longer available as an app to open photos. *Sad 8294
  9. nikon coolpixl840 isn't recognized.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nikon coolpixl840 isn't recognized.: Hello, My Nikon Coolpix l840 camera isn't recognized since I upgraded to WIN10. It was fine in previous versions. I just saw in another forum that they resolved the issue my replacing the usb cable with another. I couldn't see how that could be the case. I also tried to just...
  10. No update to 10240 on build 10162

No update to 10240 on build 10162: Hey guys, I've just installed Windows 10 build 10162 in my computer. I got the iso file from a torrenting site because Microsoft removed all the isos from the technical preview page, and I was late. I installed the iso in my pc, and then I checked for updates. No Windows...