Windows 10: After updating my computer is hanging & running slow

Discus and support After updating my computer is hanging & running slow in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Tommorow i have updated my windows10 computer & now it is hanging and running slow after update . I have laptop of hp model no- 15ay020Tu this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by asif_mohamamad, Aug 12, 2018.

1. After updating my computer is hanging & running slow

Tommorow i have updated my windows10 computer & now it is hanging and running slow after update . I have laptop of hp model no- 15ay020Tu this is happening after installing update.

:)

asif_mohamamad, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Aug 12, 2018
  4. After updating my computer is hanging & running slow

Do windows updates slow down the computer?

Very late to this one . . . but of course Windows Update slows your computer. It's not rocket science. Updates are patches . . . added code. The more code your computer is required to read and process, the longer it's going to take to do it. The more bloated the code, the more RAM it requires.

Or let me put it another way: most people update or replace their computers because they are 'getting slow'. Computers don't get tired with age - what could possibly be slowing them down?

Windows Update and driver updates are the worst culprits. And the general advice to always update software and drivers is misguided.

There are a million different configurations of PCs in the world. Microsoft and other manufacturers cannot test the software on every spec. Over time problems are discovered running software on specific hardware. e.g. Windows 10 running Firefox from an SSD, using intel HD graphics on an AMD dual core processor will hang if Adobe is installed.

Microsoft or Intel with issue a patch to fix this. This patch will installed on every machine regardless of its configuration. So, even if you don't use Firefox, have an SSD or a dual-core processor your machine will run whatever patch code to accomodate the non-compliant configuration - thus slowing the system down.

Surtsey Ana, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

After updating my computer is hanging & running slow

1. After updating my computer is hanging & running slow - Similar Threads - updating computer hanging

2. Computer runs slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer runs slow after windows update: Computer runs slow and is pretty useless after I updated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-runs-slow-after-windows-update/49497f34-e53f-4849-841b-c2996a304143
  3. Computer runs slow after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer runs slow after windows update: Computer runs slow and is pretty useless after I updated it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-runs-slow-after-windows-update/49497f34-e53f-4849-841b-c2996a304143
  4. My computer is running slow due to bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is running slow due to bios update: So the other day I notice my computer had said it had needed a optional update, so me thinking it was important I had updated it but ever since then I’ve been having trouble with my computer anything I do, write, watch of the sort, it’s completely slow, I did almost...
  5. My computer is running slow due to bios update

My computer is running slow due to bios update: So the other day I notice my computer had said it had needed a optional update, so me thinking it was important I had updated it but ever since then I’ve been having trouble with my computer anything I do, write, watch of the sort, it’s completely slow, I did almost...
  6. Computer is running incredibly slow after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer is running incredibly slow after latest update: Nothing is working fast. Navigating the typical Windows settings is incredibly slow. I tried to defrag the thing but it says “optimization not available.” This isn’t like “mildly slow.” It’s taking upwards of 30 seconds just for the search bar to be able to display results...
  7. Computer running extremely slow after latest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer running extremely slow after latest update.: After I switch off last night to install update and turn on this morning, it takes forever for anything to start up and some apps don't start. submitted by /u/league_of_demacia [link] [comments]...
  8. Computer running slow after restart and update.

Computer running slow after restart and update.: Having an issue that’s been bothering me for about week now. One day I booted up my computer and the computer has been super slow, my desktop wallpaper was removed and replaced. Also my OneDrive has syncing issues. I also get this error message. Any help will be much...
  9. computer running slow after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer running slow after latest update: computer running slow after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-slow-after-latest-update/e53059ee-e6d1-42fe-b4de-eaba2c15aa56
  10. Computer running slow after restar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer running slow after restar: So, I did some changes to my setup but now I can't play games. The same games that I could run 100 fps max settings I'm running 5/10 at minimum settings. I have tried some things I found online but none worked....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome running slow after windows update