Windows 10: After upgrade to W10 Threshold ALL my software DISAPPEARED...

Discus and support After upgrade to W10 Threshold ALL my software DISAPPEARED... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I had Windows 7 Home Prem OA on a laptop Asus K52F. Then, months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 10240 build. It was good but became slow using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cachebrasil, Dec 4, 2015.

1. After upgrade to W10 Threshold ALL my software DISAPPEARED...

Hi,

I had Windows 7 Home Prem OA on a laptop Asus K52F. Then, months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 10240 build. It was good but became slow using Chrome, etc. Well, I saw the possibility to go to the new Windows Ten w10. But here, Brazil on 11/27/2015, it still had no upgrade. Well, so I downloaded MediaCreationTool.exe and installed the Windows 10 Version 1511 Build 10586, codenamed Threshold 2. OK, it worked fine and fast.

On Saturday 11/28/2015, Th2 began to bother me with messages: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". Then I remember that I used Tweaking.com - Windows Repair software... Well, I tried to see the log etc. I had no time so I decided to re-install Windows 10 TH2 - here is the mess... I used some code to give me permission all files etc, but it keeps me showing that message.

I remember that I pressed F8 key (I activated), I went to something like repair, reset windows... I'm sure I selected KEEP MY FILES. I think it was like "reset windows and keep my files...". It worked well, IT KEPT ME ALL THE FILES, BUT THE SOFTWARE WERE NOT THERE ANY MORE! Just after it I understand that reset is like RESET THE WINDOWS NOT REINSTALL THE WINDOWS. Maybe it's my bad, but I think it needs to be clearer...

I want to downgrade Windows TH2 to Windows TH2, hehehe. Cause I have Windows.old and Windows.old(2). I tried F8 and go back to the last build but show me: "We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous build. Try resetting your current build instead. troubleshoot > reset this PC". Windows.old(2) was like empty, just like a folder and subfolder in line, not a lot. The size was like 5k... Windows.old that is wiht a lot of files. Then I deleted Windows.old(2) to try. I used F8, selected restore etc and gave me the same message: "We ran into..."

Well, now the question is: I have the Windows.old with a lot of files and my softwares. Can I restore this Windows 10 TH2 in this case?

Sorry if this text is bad. Please correct my English and give me some idea...

Thank you for your time.

c@che br@sil

:)

cachebrasil, Dec 4, 2015
  2. Mitch5323 Win User

W10 upgrade process disappears with no errors

After my initial upgrade to W10 worked perfectly, it was corrupted by a third party malware program. After many attempts to repair, I wiped my disk, reinstalled W8, upgraded to W8.1 with all updates installed, and then tried to upgrade to W10 using the
    media creation tool. Everything works with no errors until I get the message "Just a few more things to clean up". At this point the upgrade process disappears and I am left at 8.1. Any suggestions> Thanks.

Mitch5323, Dec 4, 2015
  3. "service registration is missing or corrupt"

Found that the best way to fix this problem is to Upgrade to Threshold 2:

Download Windows 10

After installation that took about an hour, the Update problem is gone!

So I recommend that a RESET will destroy all of your programs. An Upgrade won't!

tedweissgerber, Dec 4, 2015
  4. After upgrade to W10 Threshold ALL my software DISAPPEARED...

Hi,

Investing:

- I went to disk cleanup (just to check) and don't have the item "Previous Windows Installation" - It means that Windows could not recognize the windows.old (that is on root still...)

Well, is there a way to use this windows.old manually, restoring my last Windows in this case?
    I am looking for a solution to this case, thanks.

cachebrasil, Dec 7, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    Boot from my PE recovery tools ISO (link in sig below)
    Once booted into PE
    Rename current "windows" folder to windows.old2
    Rename current "windows.old" folder to "windows"
    reboot PC

Kyhi, Dec 7, 2015
  6. Kyhi, I am like afraid to do it *Confused*Confused , I will read about this tool and do it.

Thank you for your help!!!

cachebrasil, Dec 7, 2015
  7. cachebrasil, Dec 9, 2015
  8. After upgrade to W10 Threshold ALL my software DISAPPEARED...

Interesting, the article 1 says in summary that to restore Windows 10 needs windows.old, $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS. The thread 2 says if you use media creation tool (that was my case too) it deletes $Windows.~BT, so it's the maybe reason. The post has 90 comments and I am reading. But so it makes sense...

1 We’re sorry, but you can’t go back. The files we need to take you back were removed
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/were-s...ack-windows-10

2 We're sorry, but you can't go back
    Windows 10 -- : windows

cachebrasil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

After upgrade to W10 Threshold ALL my software DISAPPEARED...

1. After upgrade to W10 Threshold ALL my software DISAPPEARED... - Similar Threads - upgrade W10 Threshold

2. Items in Start Menu all die after upgrade of W10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Items in Start Menu all die after upgrade of W10: I upgraded Windows as requested and my computer went crazy....all Start window items would not load....USB camera, Xbox, etc. My profile was in a temp setting and I did not have the ability to roam. Had to restore to original settings and lost data as system was...
  3. Games disappeared in W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Games disappeared in W10: Whats happened to my MS games folder since updating yesterday ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-disappeared-in-w10/71203af5-e4fa-4a91-896d-22fa9c9d7a9e"
  4. All my programms disappeared after 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All my programms disappeared after 1803 upgrade: A few days ago my laptop with windows 10 home upgraded to 1803 with success. So I decided to upgrade and my desktop. It's a dual boot system (windows XP Pro and Windows 10 Pro). It took about 5 hours to complete upgrade, restart normally, answered all questions and...
  5. Clean install after upgrading to W10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrading to W10?: It appears that I have to upgrade install w10 to get the free W10. After that, is it possible to clean install the W10 in place of the W10 install upgraded from W7 or W8.1? 9204
  6. Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adaptor has disappeared when upgrading to W10: I'm running 8.1 and successfully upgraded to 10 last night. Unfortunately, my network adaptor has disappeared and I have no available WIFI connections. The only option is to connect via ethanet which unfortunately my Lenovo Yoga cannot do. I cannot troubleshoot without an...
  7. Disappearing Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing Software: Running Windows 10 on a Dell Venu 8 Tablet. Using Chrome ver. 50.0.2661.102 My wife uses coupons when shopping. I have Coupons.com and Couponbug.com that I have been using since Jan. 2016. I need couponprinter.exe to be installed before a coupon will print. When I...
  8. W10 Threshold 2 Sound Playback Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 Threshold 2 Sound Playback Issues: Since the Nov update I only get sound from my speakers. When I choose "AMD HDMI Output" (for head phones ) and set default nothing happens. All worked fine prior to update. AMD drivers are up to date. Headphones are connected to the rear of Asus Display. Any ideas ? 30181
  9. WLAN problems after upgrade to W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN problems after upgrade to W10: Hello everyone! I've upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now it says there are "no connections available", although my Wifi is working perfectly on other devices. I've been checking and trying some things, but nothing seems to work. This is what I know: - I...
  10. Corrupt 'sfc /scannow' after Threshold 2 upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Corrupt 'sfc /scannow' after Threshold 2 upgrade: Hi Everyone I have a problem with 'sfc /scannow' run from Command prompt (Admin) in Windows version 1511 (OS Build 10586.11) I have attached the 1st CBS Log I saved….(I have 2 other later logs saved) I had been running Windows 10Pro 64bit upgrade on a 8.1Pro 64bit OS HP...