Windows 10: After Upgrade via clean install query what partitions to keep

Discus and support After Upgrade via clean install query what partitions to keep in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; *sarc*sarc Just wondering looking at my partitions after upgrading to windows 10 . [img] do i need to keep the last too partitions? i love windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LyneD, Aug 29, 2015.

1. LyneD Win User

After Upgrade via clean install query what partitions to keep

*sarc*sarc
    Just wondering looking at my partitions after upgrading to windows 10 .

After Upgrade via clean install query what partitions to keep [​IMG]
    do i need to keep the last too partitions? i love windows 10 and had presumed that after a clean install my old windows 8 and 8.1 would be removed are these last too files remainders from them and if so can i delete and how should i do so.*Redface
    Just took a snip of the partitions content if it helps!

:)

LyneD, Aug 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 Build 10130 Will Not Update to 10159 - Any Ideas?

when l joined WIP I partitioned my my Win 8.1 had and did a clean install of .iso image for win10 tech preview. I am now on 10130 and awaiting 10159 in slow ring. I reserved the free upgrade on win 8.1 partition. What will happen to win 10 partition after
    upgrading. Can I keep win 8.1 somehow?

Thanks for your help

JamesWeimar, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Aeruon Win User
    How can I do a clean install of W10 after the free upgrade, without losing a certain hard drive partition?

Hello,

As I thought I would get the option to do a clean install while performing the free update from Windows 8.1 to 10, I made a partition with my personal files. I were planning to do the clean install while keeping the partition "Back-up (EAfter Upgrade via clean install query what partitions to keep :)". I would then,
    after the OS was installed, transfer the files from the partition the partition to the partition with the OS.

I've read from an official source, I won't get the option to do a clean install while performing the free upgrade. I've understood I can reinstall Windows 10 clean after performing the free update.

Now my goal is: "To do a clean install of Windows 10, while keeping the hard drive partition "Back-up (EAfter Upgrade via clean install query what partitions to keep :)" with my back-up of my personal files."

How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Cem

Aeruon, Aug 29, 2015
  4. After Upgrade via clean install query what partitions to keep

The two lists have the partitions in different sequences -- so it's really hard to provide any advice.

Try to post a screenshot from Disk Management -- that will show some of the properties of the drives, which will help in providing advice.

Mark Phelps, Aug 29, 2015
  5. AddRAM Win User
    If the shot is from Windows 10, then 10 is on the C partition.
    Please post the shot of Disk Management from Windows 10 as asked.

AddRAM, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Yes, and make it a full screen shot with everything opened up:

This is not a helpful shot of Disk Management:

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

After Upgrade via clean install query what partitions to keep

1. After Upgrade via clean install query what partitions to keep - Similar Threads - Upgrade via clean

2. Clean install + keep HP recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean install + keep HP recovery partition: Hi there,so i bought a new HP pc and it came pre-installed with an activated Windows 11 *Home* and a bunch of bloatware.I have a Windows 11 *Pro* Retail USB-stick/license, so i plan to do a clean install with it.Now, I'm wondering whether it would be wise to keep the HP...
  3. Clean install + keep HP recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean install + keep HP recovery partition: Hi there,so i bought a new HP pc and it came pre-installed with an activated Windows 11 *Home* and a bunch of bloatware.I have a Windows 11 *Pro* Retail USB-stick/license, so i plan to do a clean install with it.Now, I'm wondering whether it would be wise to keep the HP...
  4. clean install after deleting partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    clean install after deleting partitions: I have deleted the partitions, and have the unallocated space partition, clicked on next, but it won't progress. There's an hourglass that just sits there. Nothing happening....
  5. Clean Install Partitions Query

Clean Install Partitions Query: My laptop has become somewhat slow to login and switch between accounts. I want to do a clean install. See the partition map below. The 500GB SSD has two main partitions - C: for system files and X: for backups. I'm happy to wipe C: and the other system partitions but want to...
  6. Activation query after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation query after clean install: A friend's Asus 8.1 laptop was stuck in an automatic repair loop so I suggested that he upgrade to Windows 10. Because he was unable to access his system, I opted for a clean install and I created a bootable Win 10 usb on another pc. I used this usb to insall Win 10 on...
  7. Partition Query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Partition Query: Having upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I have been looking at the HDD partition. I find I have a small (200 MB) unallocated partition before the main C: partition. I do not know if this presents an actual or potential problem. If it does what should I do about it? I...
  8. Clean install while keeping existing partitions?

Clean install while keeping existing partitions?: the tutorial here says to delete all partitions before clean installing windows 10. But I don't want to do that. I just want to reinstall cleanly on the OS partition only. In the past with win7, when I had an OS and Data partition, I would just reinstall the OS, and my...
  9. Partitioning trouble after upgrade, clean install and revert back

Partitioning trouble after upgrade, clean install and revert back: Hello Recently upgraded to w10 from w8.1 via the upgrade option, then proceeded to make a USB boot with w10 and performed a clean install. However, something is fishy with my system and w10 so for now i want to revert back to w8.1 via a clean install of w8.1 When i...
  10. Clean Install after upgrade

Clean Install after upgrade: I got a legit copy of windows 7 and i did the update to windows 10, but my PC seems slow and it seems like there is a lot of junk and left over files... idk, i want to do a clean install, but i dont want to loose my genuine copy of windows. also, i have about 1tb of games...