Windows 10: After Upgrading from 7 to 10, Can I change to another 7 act key?

Discus and support After Upgrading from 7 to 10, Can I change to another 7 act key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I installed and activated Windows 7 Pro, then upgraded to Windows 10. Windows 10 is now running and activated, but I want to change my activation to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jesster, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Jesster Win User

After Upgrading from 7 to 10, Can I change to another 7 act key?

So I installed and activated Windows 7 Pro, then upgraded to Windows 10. Windows 10 is now running and activated, but I want to change my activation to a different Win 7 Pro Key. Can I do this, or will it only allow me to change to a Windows 10 key?

:)

Jesster, Oct 13, 2015

2. Upgrading From Windows 7 to Windows 10. Can I change hard drives?

That article didn't seem to help with my problem.

Applehead Three, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Upgrading From Windows 7 to Windows 10. Can I change hard drives?

Hello! I currently have a dual-boot system with Windows 7 and the Tech Preview, and am planning on upgrading to Windows 10 when it's released. I was wondering, however, if I would then be able to upgrade to a SSD after upgrading. Can someone tell me how
    to go about doing this?

Applehead Three, Oct 13, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Why do you want to change the Windows 7 Product Key when it is no longer installed? Your current activation is for Windows 10 and Windows 10 only.

NavyLCDR, Oct 13, 2015
  5. Jesster Win User
    So I bought a downloadable copy of Win 7 Pro for the new PC I just built from a website that I now suspect was a scam. The activation code they sent me did not work. So I tried contacting them, but they were unresponsive at first. Meanwhile, I wanted to finish setting up and upgrading my new PC, and I recalled that I have an MSDN membership through work, so I logged on and got one of my MSDN activation keys and used that. I then went ahead and upgraded to Windows 10.

Now, the company I bought Win 7 from sent me a new activation key, but this one doesn't work either. I'm trying to determine whether they sent me another bad key, or if Win 10 just won't let me switch from one Win 7 activation key to another, or both.

I'm just trying to do my due diligence before contacting my credit card company to try and get my money back from what I strongly suspect is a scam website.

Jesster, Oct 13, 2015
  6. Superfly Win User
    You will have to install Win 7 Pro (remember some require SP1 before they will activate) - but inputting it into Win10 won't help.

Superfly, Oct 13, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    AHHH!!! BUT - running it through your very own OUTSTANDING showkey would!

Windows 10 won't accept any Windows 7 Product Key - until you get build 10565.

Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Oct 13, 2015
  8. Superfly Win User

LOL... Thanx, John *Smile

Yep, it will show whether it's an SP1 key.

Superfly, Oct 13, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    and whether or not it is even a valid Windows 7 product key to begin with.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After Upgrading from 7 to 10, Can I change to another 7 act key? - Similar Threads - Upgrading change another

2. upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade from 7 to 10: am i too late to update from windows 7 to windows 10 this is the first time ive had the laptop out in years https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-7-to-10/ef5d3dba-fa41-432d-b6a2-58e43bd67771
  3. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the right to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not want to upgrade because my 7 was working fine. Now I want to upgrade.When I just now tried to use Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if I could do the upgrade, it said it was "unable to...
  4. Upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from 7 to 10: I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the right to upgrade to Windows 10. I did not want to upgrade because my 7 was working fine. Now I want to upgrade.When I just now tried to use Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if I could do the upgrade, it said it was "unable to...
  5. Can I get a Windows 10 key from another device running 7?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I get a Windows 10 key from another device running 7?: Say I have an old laptop running Windows 7 that I don’t use any more. Would it be possible to either deactivate Windows on that laptop and obtain a fresh Windows 10 Home key, or would I have to upgrade to Windows 10 on the old laptop then deactivate to get the key; or is any...
  6. Upgrade to 10 with 7 key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade to 10 with 7 key?: I know you can install 10 fresh with a windows 7 key. Can you upgrade to 10 from 7 with a windows 7 key? submitted by /u/Jt832 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f669x8/upgrade_to_10_with_7_key/
  7. Windows 7 key after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 7 key after upgrade: HI, searching around with no luck. If I upgrade to 10 with my legal copy of win 7 can I then turn around and install my copy of win 7 on my second pc legally. 41557
  8. No keyboard after upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No keyboard after upgrade from 7 to 10: After 10 upgrade, the keyboard in my Compaq Presario CQ57-315NR notebook doesn't work except when I'm in "Control Panel". I seem to be able to type in the search box there, but that is the only place the keyboard works. I have tried uninstalling the driver and then...
  9. Upgrading from 7 and hardware change

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading from 7 and hardware change: Hi experts, Please give me some advice on the best upgrade path for my system Currently running win7 on an AMD CPU/Gigabyte motherboard. I have Win7 installed on an SSD which is of course the boot device, and my user profiles are mapped to a second HDD where most of my...
  10. Upgrading from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from 7 to 10: I just want to know if I upgrade from W7 to W10 will all of my applications be removed (eg. do I have to re-install all my apps)? 11028