Windows 10: After upgrading, is the old list of "pin to start menu" accessable?

Discus and support After upgrading, is the old list of "pin to start menu" accessable? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 without recording the list of programs that I had attached to the start menu. I would like to find that list if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stanhilliard, Jul 29, 2016.

1. After upgrading, is the old list of "pin to start menu" accessable?

I have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 without recording the list of programs that I had attached to the start menu. I would like to find that list if it is stored somewhere. If so, where is it?

:)

stanhilliard, Jul 29, 2016

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Jul 29, 2016
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Jul 29, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

After upgrading, is the old list of "pin to start menu" accessable?

I found this old thread: Where is the list of pinned start menu and taskbar items stored in Windows 7 - Super User

%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu
    %appdata% is C:\Users\<youraccountname>\AppData\Roaming

Look in C:\Windows.old for the above, may still be there if you haven't deleted that directory structure yet.

C:\Windows.old\Users\<youraccountname>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu

It's different for Windows 10.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

After upgrading, is the old list of "pin to start menu" accessable?

1. After upgrading, is the old list of "pin to start menu" accessable? - Similar Threads - upgrading old list

2. Pinned start menu programs lost after upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned start menu programs lost after upgrade to windows 11: I had a couple dozen programs pinned to my start menu in windows 10. I was forced into an upgrade to windows 11 recently and all my pinned start menu programs are gone and replaced by stuff I don't use. I don't remember everything I had pinned. Is there a way to recover this...
  3. Pinned start menu programs lost after upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinned start menu programs lost after upgrade to windows 11: I had a couple dozen programs pinned to my start menu in windows 10. I was forced into an upgrade to windows 11 recently and all my pinned start menu programs are gone and replaced by stuff I don't use. I don't remember everything I had pinned. Is there a way to recover this...
  4. Lost pinned apps in start menu after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost pinned apps in start menu after upgrading to windows 11: When i upgraded to windows 11 last month, I lost my pinned apps in the start menu that i had in windows 10. How can i restore all these pinned apps that i had before i upgraded windows? I DON'T want to hear that its not possible....
  5. Lost pinned apps in start menu after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost pinned apps in start menu after upgrading to windows 11: When i upgraded to windows 11 last month, I lost my pinned apps in the start menu that i had in windows 10. How can i restore all these pinned apps that i had before i upgraded windows? I DON'T want to hear that its not possible....
  6. Start Menu List - Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu List - Settings: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173783
  7. Start Menu List

Start Menu List: It's already listed on the Start Menu just below my User Icon (red arrow), so does anyone know how to remove the Settings icon from the Start Menu list (red circle)? [img] 173782
  8. Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed

Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed: In my search window, the only files that show up when I right-click one of the APP icons are OneDrive files. In earlier versions of WIN10 I could also see the local files I had opened with those apps. How do I restore that? Thanks!...
  9. Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?

Customize the left side of the Start menu - Pin to Start List?: hello. I wanted to add some programs to the top of the left side of the start menu (free space on the screenshoot). I have read about the "Pin to Start List" if you rightclick while holding shift. But this seems not to be working anymore!?!?! Is there another possibility...
  10. Old Start menu

Old Start menu: How to bring back the old start menu without any programs on Build 10041 ? Below one didn't work.. ​Right click on the Start Button and select "Run" Type "regedit" Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance Create a new...