Windows 10: After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working

Discus and support After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I did my upgrade quite shortly ago. Basically before that upgrade I had 2 connections at the same time: Local Area Connection with Ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MilkChocolate, Jan 10, 2016.

1. After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working

Hello!
    I did my upgrade quite shortly ago.
    Basically before that upgrade I had 2 connections at the same time: Local Area Connection with Ethernet and my PPPOE connection as advised by my provider.

I've been using my PPPOE connection for years to sidestep some connection issues especially with uPnP, but now my internet only works through Ethernet and when I also start in my dial-up section the PPPOE connection, Windows 10 reports the "no internet connection" problem.

After using "Troubleshoot problems" it resets the required parts and reports solving "Gateway is not available" problem.

1)I've already tried to reinstall all network drivers by deleting them first with device manager and through netcfg –d in command line.
    2)I don't know if it helps but my BitDefender reports new adapters upon starting PPPOE: Teredo Tunneling and 6to4
    3)I already tried to set Local Area Connection to Home and my other connection to Public and also all other possible permutations of settings

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

:)

MilkChocolate, Jan 10, 2016

2. pppoe shared not work after restart in win 10

hi

sorry for bad English

when i have in win 7 for connection to internet i used pppoe connection. after connection i shared my connection and all things good and worked.

when i restart windows and connect to net agean all worked fine.

but in windows 8 or 10 after restart windows and connect to internet my shared pppoe not work. i have to delete shared connection and make agean shared connection.

why connection shared not worked in win 10 after windows restart?!! but worked in win 7?!!

how do i fixed this problem?

HamidArghish, Jan 10, 2016
  3. Oxwivi Win User
    Windows 10 ICS does not work until disabled and reenabled after boot

The router has broken down, so as a temporary measure, the connection is directly attached to a Windows machine, where PPPoE login procedure is set up.

Since the new hotspot feature does not support PPPoE connections, under dial-up umbrella term, is not supported, I've resorted to `netsh wlan` to set up WiFi connectivity.

Using ICS features, sharing internet to the WiFi works, however after every reboot or cold boot, the ICS does not work. I need to go the properties of the PPPoE adapter, disable internet sharing in the Sharing tab, and then reenable it, all manually.

In my Google searches, I've found at least one similar issue of ICS not working after reboots (with a USB network device instead of PPPoE), but no solutions.

Please help me troubleshoot the issue, or at least direct me to create a script that automates disabling and reenabling ICS.

Oxwivi, Jan 10, 2016
  4. After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working

After trying out more options I think that my problem is with "use default gateway on remote network" option in adapters not working properly - without it PPPOE connection works.

But I need it.
    Does anyone, by chance, have some advices?

MilkChocolate, Jan 11, 2016
  5. gl3nborj Win User
    Set the router/modem to dial/connect on its own, so it does not depend on anyting to connect.

gl3nborj, Jan 14, 2016
  6. That's how it is already - what I need is to make sure that PPPOE connection with "use default gateway on remote network" option works too . On its own having a working internet connection isn't enough for me, because I was using it to sidestep other hassle.

Basically by doing so the data was sent one way or another and my uPnP or similar things managed to work better(or at all)

MilkChocolate, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working

1. After upgrading to 10, PPPOE connection stops internet from working - Similar Threads - upgrading PPPOE connection

2. Broadband connection PPPoE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadband connection PPPoE: broadband connection issue "the remote connection was denied because the user name and password combination you provided is not recognized, or the selected authentication protocol is not permitted on the remote access server." broadband connection working properly in win 7...
  3. Internet connection and sound stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet connection and sound stopped working.: I was trying to fix an unexpected store exception BSOD, found out that reinstalling monitor driver would help. So I unninstalled it, everything was all right until I restarted the pc, Internet cable is connected but its like connected without Internet. And there is a red x on...
  4. Windows10 : Max PPPOE connection

Windows10 : Max PPPOE connection: Hi , what is Max number of PPPOE connection that can be created on Windows 10 OS. This information would be really useful. Br, Mahanth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-max-pppoe-connection/7c21f621-b1c9-45a4-aa59-a44ccb0c796b
  5. Internet connection randomly stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet connection randomly stops working: Ever since I upgraded to windows 10, my internet connection randomly stops working. It shows the yellow icon, and the only way to fix it is the run the troubleshoot. The issue is that it's not a rare occasion - happening only a few times a day - it happens a couple times an...
  6. Internet "Connect Automatically" stopped working

Internet "Connect Automatically" stopped working: Every time I wake my computer or reboot, even though I have my 2.4GHz channel checked to "Connect Automatically," the checkmark disappears and I have to connect manually. Any ideas? Thank you. 122198
  7. PPPOE Dial Up connection issue

PPPOE Dial Up connection issue: PPPOE or any dial up connection showing I'm not connected to internet and no Microsoft app is connecting to internet. Can't even sign in to my acc. But Edge works fine and I can browse internet. [ATTACH]...
  8. PPPoe connection via Wifi

PPPoe connection via Wifi: My laptop only has a Wifi network connection. Should Windows 10 allow me to be able to establish a PPPoE connection? (I am trying to connect to a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A running in bridge mode.) 114118
  9. No internet connection after upgrade

No internet connection after upgrade: Hi, I upgraded my ageing Dell Inspiron 530 desktop PC this morning from Win7 Ultimate to Win10 Pro. The PC is connected to the router via ethernet cable. All seems fine in terms of the OS, but I have no internet access. I know the router's OK as my other devices are fine....
  10. Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10

Internet Connection Lost after Upgrade to 10: I did the upgrade from W-8.1 to 10 in November and have had several problems since. The most pernicious problem is the loss of my Internet Connection. I had my ISP service dude have a go; but no joy. He concluded it is a software problem. Everything is properly connected and...