Windows 10: After upgrading to Windows 10, email attachments start to open and then disappear without...

Discus and support After upgrading to Windows 10, email attachments start to open and then disappear without... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After upgrading to Windows 10, email attachments begin to open, and then disappear without any error message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesCirillo1, Jul 24, 2018.

1. After upgrading to Windows 10, email attachments start to open and then disappear without...

After upgrading to Windows 10, email attachments begin to open, and then disappear without any error message.

:)

JamesCirillo1, Jul 24, 2018

2. Opening Word attachments to emails with Microsoft 10

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I cannot open Word documents attached to emails. I tried the suggestion of going to Control Panel, Office and doing an online repair, but the attachments still do not open. I am able to look at attachments to emails on my
    Iphone, so I know there is no problems with the Word files being sent. This just started when I changed to Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

PaulFrohardt, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Emails disappear after trying to open attachments

I'm having this weird issue with POP emails on my WP7. After i receive an email with attachments (either inline or not), when I try to open them by clicking the grey link, it starts to download but then stops and the attachment is permanently gone. If
    I back out of the email, the email then disappears from my phone. It does not go into the trash, it's just gone... If I receive an email from Amazon.com and click on a picture placeholder to show pictures, it downloads a few but when I start to scroll down
    it crashes my email. When I load my email back up, that specific message is gone. It's not in the trash on the phone. I'm using Google App's and used the "Advanced setup" to setup my email account. The worst part is, on the next sync, the message is moved
    to the trash in my Google account. That's not good at all. I can receive and send normal emails just fine with this setup so I know that's working.

To Sum it up:

• Cant download inline pictures in an email from Amazon.com, My girlfriends iPhone or eBay without the email app crashing, then email is removed from phone
    • Cant open attachments in email. Seems like something is happening, then all attachments disappear.
    • When backing out of email after trying to open attachments, the email then disappears.
    • Happens when I send the email from an iPhone, Outlook 2010 or the Google web interface
    • I've tried with many types of attachments, XLS, PDF, JPG etc with the same results
    • Tried resetting phone and setting up the email again.

My Setup:
    WP7 with latest NoDo update
    HTC Trophy
    Verizon
    Using Google Apps for my custom domain for email

BoostinSRT, Jul 24, 2018
  4. After upgrading to Windows 10, email attachments start to open and then disappear without...

email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

After upgrading to Windows 10, email attachments start to open and then disappear without...

1. After upgrading to Windows 10, email attachments start to open and then disappear without... - Similar Threads - upgrading email attachments

2. Email Attachments not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Attachments not opening: Weird issue I can't wrap my head around.Updated a computer at my work, however on the new pc, the mail app doesn't want to open some PDF files but will open others.On the previous computer, we can still open up all PDF files no issue.I honestly don't have any idea how to sort...
  3. Email Attachments not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Attachments not opening: Weird issue I can't wrap my head around.Updated a computer at my work, however on the new pc, the mail app doesn't want to open some PDF files but will open others.On the previous computer, we can still open up all PDF files no issue.I honestly don't have any idea how to sort...
  4. Received email attachments are disappearing

Received email attachments are disappearing: When I receive an email through the mail application on my windows surface GO,, the attachments disappear when I respond to the email. How do I solved. I googled it and could not figure out how to do it through the outlook.com method. Please let me know how I can fix this....
  5. opening my email attachments.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    opening my email attachments.: When I attach any file to an email and try to open it, I get an "untitled" message. Recipients cannot open attachments at all. Never had this problem until recently. I haven't changed anything....
  6. opening email attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening email attachments: When I want to open an email attachment, the system forces me to save it to a file first before opening it. I used to be able to open it first and then if I want to save it. What setting do I need to change to be able to open it without having to save it?...
  7. Attachments not opening in windows 10 email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Attachments not opening in windows 10 email: When I get an email with an attachment eg a PDF document I want to print, it wont open. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attachments-not-opening-in-windows-10-email/df00a45c-495e-422d-9b13-ee5f2448bdf9
  8. Open Attachments in Windows 10 Mail without saving

Open Attachments in Windows 10 Mail without saving: I've searched all over and can't find an answer to this. How can I open an attachment e.g., PDF in Windows 10 Mail without saving it. Right clicking the attachment gives the option to "Open" or "Save" but clicking either pulls up a window to save the file in Documents....
  9. Emails with large attachments disappearing

Emails with large attachments disappearing: Emails that have too many attachments are disappearing when I try to send They are not in my sent items, they are not in my drafts, they are not in my outbox, they are not in delete and they are not in my inbox when I run a test and send to myself.. how can this happen?...
  10. email no attachments- windows 10

email no attachments- windows 10: emails have no attachment, have on old pc but not this new 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/email-no-attachments-windows-10/9f0e17cb-5266-4baf-a379-0c902253afaa