Windows 10: After upgrading what if!!

Discus and support After upgrading what if!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Short question is, how do I get my windows 10 product key so I can do a fresh install from a new HDD? Long question. After upgrading from windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VsUK1981, Jul 30, 2015.

1. VsUK1981 Win User

After upgrading what if!!

Short question is, how do I get my windows 10 product key so I can do a fresh install from a new HDD?

Long question. After upgrading from windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 pro. I'm told all I need to do is to create a media ISO & burn to DVD by downloading the ISO using the media creation tool. Ok, sounds fine but what if & this is a likely if my laptop finally dies & I decide I want to buy a cheap second hand one that comes with no OS or one thats not genuine. Normally I would just install my Win 7 on it & activate perfectly fine. But how do I do this with windows 10? I was searching the web & I saw someone say you have to re install your original windows, upgrade & then make a media ISO using the tool & burn to DVD. Then boot from CD to do a fresh install. Surely if I've upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 legally, I no longer need to bother with my windows 7 or its product key? & if so, how on earth can it be linked to my windows 7 upgrade if I have no product key to enter?

If someone could explain this to me, that would be great!

:)

VsUK1981, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Upgrading Win User

My Nokia C3 is not supporting softwares

I have tried so many ways to download softwares, but to my efforts are all fruitless. When i go to other sites to download and install softwares, the place to download the software will not even be active and when i download from ovi store it is not supported.
    What should i do to end this problem?

Upgrading, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Upgrading to W10 what happens if i refresh pc

It will reinstall Windows 10.

Will users who take advantage of the upgrade offer for Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 also be able to obtain recovery media?

Microsoft recently noted the following options available:

With Windows 10, you can create your own recovery media and back up the pristine state of the operating system and preinstalled software. If things go wrong and you are unable to refresh or reset your device successfully, you
    can boot the device using recovery media and reset to the prior pristine state.

Source:
    http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/03/16/how-windows-10-achieves-its-compact-footprint/

You can also initiate a clean install by doing the following:

You can do a clean install a couple ways.

Press Windows key + i

Click Update and Security

Click Recovery

Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, click Get started

or

At the Sign in screen

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power icon on the screen

Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart

Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears

Click Troubleshoot

Click Reset

What happens if I reinstall Windows using the recovery partition?

Windows 10 will be reinstalled.

Will I get a product key, can I get a product key?

By default, Windows 10 builds are pre-keyed, meaning, you do not have to enter a product key and should not be prompted to enter one even after Windows 10 has completed setup.

How to troubleshoot Product Activation in Windows 10

Microsoft tells me that it will be possible to do so. And that a key part of this process is that it will save a product key tied to the previously upgraded PC or device in Windows Store. This is how Windows 10 will later know that the install is allowed:
    It’s “one of the benefits of the new delivery system,” a Microsoft representative told me.

Source:
    https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/3898/a-few-more-answers-about-windows-10-upgrades

Will ISO media be provided for the final release?

Yes, you will be able to download ISO media for Windows 10 RTM.

Please note, you might have to download the appropriate edition of Windows 10 for the version/edition of Windows you are upgrading. If you upgrade to the wrong edition, ie. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro, you will have to purchase a license
    for Windows 10 Pro or go back to Windows 7 Home Premium and upgrade to Windows
    10 Home.

What
    are the editions of Windows 10 available?

Suppose I need to reinstall Windows 10 after one or two years from now or I install a new hard disk?

Windows 10 is registered to the device, not your hard disk. Just install a new hard disk and reinstall Windows 10 and it will reactivate.

Resources: How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

Andre Da Costa, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

After upgrading what if!!

1. After upgrading what if!! - Similar Threads - upgrading

2. Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...: Occasionally the PC will reboot randomly. I looked in the eventvwr and found log files for each failure. There is no other information other than the PC rebooted without first closing down properly....
  3. Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since I upgraded to Windows 11 the pc is crashing periodically. I have looked in the...: Occasionally the PC will reboot randomly. I looked in the eventvwr and found log files for each failure. There is no other information other than the PC rebooted without first closing down properly....
  4. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  5. The annoying upgrade to Win 11

The annoying upgrade to Win 11: Is Microsoft TRYING to annoy...
  6. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  7. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  8. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  10. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...