Windows 10: after using ccleaner last nite, my computer won't boot.

Discus and support after using ccleaner last nite, my computer won't boot. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ok so this morning after using ccleaner last nite, my computer won't boot. i'm stuck at boot with the spinning wheel, i've shut it down and rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smitty, Apr 18, 2016.

1. smitty Win User

after using ccleaner last nite, my computer won't boot.

ok so this morning after using ccleaner last nite, my computer won't boot.

i'm stuck at boot with the spinning wheel, i've shut it down and rebooted 3 times, now i can atleast see some kind of wizard telling it can help me to boot.

so i go through the steps to do a system point restore , but to my surprise there isn't one to use ?

i've set my restore point usage to 5% (10gb) after installing win10 in March, that should be enough. but the boot wizard doesn't find anything, what is going on ?

on top of that, the problem arose after using ccleaner and i had a c:\windows.old folder maybe it messed with things in there.

my 2 questions: if i boot with the wizard to command line , what do i do ?

2nd question: wtf is gonna happen in a couple weeks when windows in its "wisdom" decides to delete c:\windows.old itself ? will my system lock up too ?

btw c:\windows.old is a previous windows 10 install from February that f**ed up too. Seriously guys , i'm not impressed with windows 10.

it looks cool like a sports car but stable like sh*t. /rant over.

i've ran sfc /scannow on my F:\ (REAL c:\) but there was an error stating that it had scanned 100% of the drive but couldn't complete the operation due to some resource protection ? (paraphrasing as the system is in french)

as Sheldon says, what fresh hell is this ?

:)

smitty, Apr 18, 2016

2. cortana mic icon missing

my cortan mic icon is missing it was there when i shut the computer off last nite, how do i get it back

jameslassila, Apr 18, 2016
  3. PC won't boot after failed checkdisk

Hello,

My Desktop PC was getting a little slow the last few weeks, so I decided to clean it up using CCleaner and AVG PC tuneup.

After this I wanted to run a checkdisk. This however stalled at 10% and wouldn't complete.

I had to power the PC down using the power button.

Now when I try to start the PC it won't boot. It powers on, but doesn't connect with the screen or the keyboard.

All I know is that is has power.

Any idea's on how to fix this?

Thanks

Abe

AbetheDoctor, Apr 18, 2016
Thema:

after using ccleaner last nite, my computer won't boot.

1. after using ccleaner last nite, my computer won't boot. - Similar Threads - using ccleaner last

2. My computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't boot: My computer won't boot after back up fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-boot/3ba2cc4b-35a8-4898-a6f8-2a449ec605fa
  3. My computer won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer won't boot: My computer won't boot after back up fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-boot/3ba2cc4b-35a8-4898-a6f8-2a449ec605fa
  4. Computer won't boot after BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't boot after BSOD: I was downloading a game the other day and out of the blue I got a BSOD with the note System Service Exception. It said that it would restart after it completed gathering it's data, however; it never restarted. I went to restart, and it did not boot, including no fans...
  5. Computer won't boot after BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer won't boot after BSOD: I was downloading a game the other day and out of the blue I got a BSOD with the note System Service Exception. It said that it would restart after it completed gathering it's data, however; it never restarted. I went to restart, and it did not boot, including no fans...
  6. Computer won't boot after BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I get my computer fixed after the last Win10 update won't boot??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get my computer fixed after the last Win10 update won't boot??: About a week ago my computer went through the typical Win10 update spinning dots. When it finished the computer would not boot. It attempted a "auto repair" but then decided it could not fix the problem. I am now in an endless loop of "failed boot, auto repair, can't fix"...
  8. Computer won't boot after installing last update

Computer won't boot after installing last update: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Ever since I installed the last update, my computer won't boot. It gets partway through the process and then a boot error comes up. There is some kind of driver missing. The only options the error page gives me is to continue to launch normally, or...
  9. Is CCleaner safe to use?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is CCleaner safe to use?: I was wondering if CCleaner would be a good safe program to help me remove a bunch of junk files from my computer that Disk Cleanup will not do. I looked online and found that a lot of people seem to like it, but then I saw on a wiki page that back in 2017 or 2016 it was...
  10. Computer won't boot after installing last update

Computer won't boot after installing last update: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad. Ever since I installed the last update on Tuesday, my computer won't boot. It gets partway through the process and then a boot error comes up. There is some kind of driver missing. The only options the error page gives me is to continue to launch...