Windows 10: After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account

Discus and support After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; After installing Win 10 and creating Microsoft accounts for both my wife and I it is possible to access both as well as my previous laocal account, but... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LachieMi, Aug 8, 2015.

1. LachieMi Win User

After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account

After installing Win 10 and creating Microsoft accounts for both my wife and I it is possible to access both as well as my previous laocal account, but my wife's has disappeared. It still exists by searching the files but I cannot get to it. I have also lost access to the Office 365 which was in my wife's account. What do do next?

:)

LachieMi, Aug 8, 2015

2. No apps on windows 10 and cant access store

What does a local account have to do with anything? We already have local user accounts. We upgraded to Win 10 and sometime afterward the store stopped working. The error is that "Windows cannot access the specified drive, path, or file. You may not have
    the appropriate permissions to access the item." I find that strange, since I am the only user on this machine, and its admin.

I will attempt this solution but I strongly doubt it will do anything. Why would it?

HeatherBungard-Janney, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Lock out of windows 10 local user account - microsoft account no longer works

I recently updated from 8.1 pro to windows 10 - my account locked me out with a local user account - cannot access administrative account to remove local account access - I also have another Microsoft account that I can access but it continues to ask me
    for my local user account to change any settings - never set a administrative account nor guest account - access is not available for me to set either... - The account that is local now is link to my Microsoft administrator account - but I cannot tell it to
    not use the local account to login , how do I correct this to only use my Microsoft account... - this happen after not using my account for a few weeks...

Need to set a local administrator account to remove reference to local user account tied to my Microsoft account

jacqueline goodman, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello LachieMi, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, run the command in the tutorial below to get a detailed report about your accounts, and post back with the information to see if it may be able to reveal anything.

We'll want to look to see if your wife's missing account is listed, and if it is, is it disabled.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  5. LachieMi Win User
    I have run the command and the account is not listed. It still exits in the Users directory. When I try to create a new account it will not let me ue the old account name which it says already exists!

LachieMi, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, it sounds like the account may have been deleted by mistake. Even when deleted, it's "C:\Users\(user-name)" profile folder will still be there.

When creating a new local account, it would have to be a different name than that of an existing user profile folder name.

Brink, Aug 8, 2015
  7. LachieMi Win User
    I have created another account, but I need to access the other account in order to re-establish my connection to my mail and documents using Office 365. This does not sem to be possible!

LachieMi, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account - Similar Threads - upgrade cannot access

2. After upgrading Win Home to Win 10/11 Pro cannot switch users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrading Win Home to Win 10/11 Pro cannot switch users: I have purchased new computers with Win Home 10/11 installed.I then purchase Win Pro upgrades and install them.Even though Switch User is an option, it will only let me choose the username I setup the computer with.Even with multiple local accounts installed.This happens if I...
  3. After upgrading Win Home to Win 10/11 Pro cannot switch users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After upgrading Win Home to Win 10/11 Pro cannot switch users: I have purchased new computers with Win Home 10/11 installed.I then purchase Win Pro upgrades and install them.Even though Switch User is an option, it will only let me choose the username I setup the computer with.Even with multiple local accounts installed.This happens if I...
  4. After upgrading Win Home to Win 10/11 Pro cannot switch users

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.: I would like to know what options are available for upgrading my Win 10 Home, with local account, to Win 10 Pro, also with local account,. I'm looking for instructions that are suitable for the device remaining as a local account. Changing the device from a local account...
  6. Cannot access local account user folder except through "Desktop"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access local account user folder except through "Desktop"?: Dear Microsoft Representatives, I have had my Windows 10 HP Envy for less than a year. When I initially set up my computer, I accidentally made a Microsoft account I've always preferred local accounts. No problem, I then made a local account with Admin privileges. The...
  7. Cannot access user account after Windows 10 install

Cannot access user account after Windows 10 install: I had a main user account and one hardly used. No passwords. Before installing Windows 10 ISO download, I could access both accounts. Now I am denied access to the main account even when booting in safe mode. Surely Windows would treat the account from which I downloaded...
  8. CANNOT ACCESS MY USER ACCOUNT ON WIN 10

CANNOT ACCESS MY USER ACCOUNT ON WIN 10: When powering on my Win 10 PC today, the desktop is different from normal. I cannot seem to access any of my features. It seems as though the wrong user account is open. I have tried signing out and and in, and logging in with both password and PIN, and still have the same...
  9. can't access my local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't access my local user account: I'm not good with English so bear with me. So recently my antivirus that came with my laptop expired and a blue screen came up telling me to either renew it or okay, i clicked okay and then it took me back to my desktop andall my programs and files was lost, only a clean...
  10. Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account: Hello everyone. Normally, I am no slouch in trying to find a solution to a problem with searching the net, but so far I haven't found a solution to my problem. Upgraded my Windows 10 from Win 7 Ultimate. So I started Win 10 with a local account. Which is joined to a...